Unemployment falls to 8.3%

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The recovery continues....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls - Feb. 3, 2012

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

And you're still on Food Stamps? Shit man, get dressed and out of the trailer. There's shitload of "Shovel Ready" shit jobs you're probably qualified for. Make sure you fill 'er up at $4.00 a gallon before heading out...

Asswipe.

And you're still on Food Stamps? Shit man, get dressed and out of the trailer. There's shitload of "Shovel Ready" shit jobs you're probably qualified for. Make sure you fill 'er up at $4.00 a gallon before heading out...

Asswipe.

I can tell this good news is really bothering you.

Just goes to show that Republicans can not keep the economy down forever. Clearly they want the economy to be at its lowest point in this election year, but apparently their timing isn't any better than their ability to pick viable candidates for office.

So mark this up to just one more Republican failure, they managed to knock the economy down, but in the face of Democratic work to fix things they have not been able to keep it down.

Our economy is recovering in spite of anything Barry and the Offtones might be doing. When you look at the sectors in recovery and the types of jobs being created, it is clear Obama is having no positive impact whatsoever.

Just goes to show that Republicans can not keep the economy down forever. Clearly they want the economy to be at its lowest point in this election year, but apparently their timing isn't any better than their ability to pick viable candidates for office.

So mark this up to just one more Republican failure, they managed to knock the economy down, but in the face of Democratic work to fix things they have not been able to keep it down.

The only thing democrats can be credited with is slowing the recovery.

I am delighted with the progress of DEVALUE my home has achieved over the last few years. It tickles me to death as it's worth drops - like every other home in America. I also enjoy it when my 401K tanks. It's a fantastic sensation.

A couple more quarters like this and the GOP will have a pretty hard time making their campaign mud stick to anything but their own faces.

A couple more wars, foreclosures, bankruptcies Obama gets into will have a pretty hard time making his campaign mud stick to anything but his own face.

Yes, as the "fundamentals of our economy are strong" in 2008, the recovery was WELL underway because of all the decisive action George Bush took to fix the economy that he wrecked through neglect before he fixed it.

Yes, as the "fundamentals of our economy are strong" in 2008, the recovery was WELL underway because of all the decisive action George Bush took to fix the economy that he wrecked through neglect before he fixed it.
Sure whatever.

I am delighted with the progress of DEVALUE my home has achieved over the last few years. It tickles me to death as it's worth drops - like every other home in America. I also enjoy it when my 401K tanks. It's a fantastic sensation.

My home has gained about 10% over the past three years. Sorry you paid too much in a speculative market.

This thread is proof that good news for America is bad news for Republicans. I can't wait to hear Mittens and Newt spin this.

A couple more quarters like this and the GOP will have a pretty hard time making their campaign mud stick to anything but their own faces.

A couple more wars, foreclosures, bankruptcies Obama gets into will have a pretty hard time making his campaign mud stick to anything but his own face.

The war in Libya took less than 2 months to win and cost us LITERALLY about 1 billion dollars as compared to 4 TRILLION when all is said and done in Iraq (still lookin for them WMD'S?)

Wanna go there?

Oh, and why are there foreclosures? Bad loans? Golly WHO changed the rules on that? Oh, that's right...the GOP.

Here's some clues...

THe reason the economy sucks is wages have been stagnant for the last 30 years as corporate types take more of the pie because they aren't TAXED so heavily anymore.

CONSUMER DEMAND drives the economy? Want to boost it? PUT MONEY IN WORKING PEOPLE'S POCKETS....not shitty cheap credit which blows up later on.

Last time the unemployment figures fell, they actually rose to 11.4. What would the figures be if they told the truth this time.

Anyone remember which wingnuts here guaranteed that unemployment would go back up after the holidays...the ones too stupid to comprehend the phrase 'seasonally adjusted'?

lol

Typically, you can set your watch to the fact that unemployment goes up in January. It's pretty much unheard of for jobs to be created in the first month of the year, as temporary help for the holidays is cut loose, not to mention consumer spending takes a nose dive from people recovering from the holidays. The fact that the economy has actually shown a net gain in jobs in January is an extremely encouraging sign.

Forum List

Back