Unemployment falls to 8.3%

Anyone remember which wingnuts here guaranteed that unemployment would go back up after the holidays...the ones too stupid to comprehend the phrase 'seasonally adjusted'?

lol

No, now they will whine about how the number does not reflect all the people who have given up looking

Come election time, they will change their tune from "look at the unemployment" to "look at the price of gasoline"

must be all that stimulas...actually no, that was spent a long time ago.
Maybee it's the "pass this bill right now" jobs bill...actually no, senate dems took a shit on that bill.
Probably ending the Bush tax cuts...actually no, he and dems failed.

If you liberals are happy, then thank the GOP.

Maybee it's the "pass this bill right now" jobs bill...actually no, senate dems took a shit on that bill.

This was a stupid post. If you want to credit the GOP, then how about you actually SAY SOMETHING that the GOP did to allegedly spur along the economy. Otherwise, enjoy your cup of shut the fuck up.

The recovery continues....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls - Feb. 3, 2012

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/recor...month-labor-force-participation-rate-tumbles-

Last edited:
wow , the plan is to just say ANYTHING GOOD we get credit.

Anytrhing bad is Obamas fault.

they really are dumb

This was a stupid post. If you want to credit the GOP, then how about you actually SAY SOMETHING that the GOP did to allegedly spur along the economy. Otherwise, enjoy your cup of shut the fuck up.

fight to not raise taxes!

I can tell this good news is really bothering you.

I am delighted with the progress of DEVALUE my home has achieved over the last few years. It tickles me to death as it's worth drops - like every other home in America. I also enjoy it when my 401K tanks. It's a fantastic sensation.

The stock market is up 60% since Obama took office. If you have lost money on your 401k, you must be some kind of financial moron.

Mortgage rates have dropped over 1% since Obama became President. If you are smart, you would have refinanced and be paying significantly less for the same house

Last edited:

I am delighted with the progress of DEVALUE my home has achieved over the last few years. It tickles me to death as it's worth drops - like every other home in America. I also enjoy it when my 401K tanks. It's a fantastic sensation.

The stock market is up 60% since Obama took office. If you have lost money on your 401k, you must be some kind of financial moron.

Mortgage rates have dropped over 1% since Obama became President. If you are smart, you would have refinanced and be paying significantly less for the same house

I wonder if that's why Romney hasn't released any of his older tax records...he doesn't want everyone to see how poorly he was doing under the policies he wants to return to...Bush's.

Anyone remember which wingnuts here guaranteed that unemployment would go back up after the holidays...the ones too stupid to comprehend the phrase 'seasonally adjusted'?

lol

Typically, you can set your watch to the fact that unemployment goes up in January. It's pretty much unheard of for jobs to be created in the first month of the year, as temporary help for the holidays is cut loose, not to mention consumer spending takes a nose dive from people recovering from the holidays. The fact that the economy has actually shown a net gain in jobs in January is an extremely encouraging sign.

A similar year?

1984. UE was 8.3 in December, fell to 8.0 in January.

It's absolutely astonishing how many of you are see easily fooled by bullshit. There is nothing good coming out of these unemployment numbers today. It's all smoke and mirrors. The fact is we have a record low of people participating in the work force now and they are no longer being counted, hence the lower numbers.

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

Was losing 700,000 jobs a month under Bush also smoke and mirrors?

They forgot to mention the summer of recovery was two years out.

Oh and the stimulus.......It will kick in any day now...seriously.....

In all seriousness - a genuine question...

Why do you guys still insist on using this number? (now 8.3%)
Even MSNBC acknowledged last month that the unemployment number is misleading at best, as it does not address the record number of employable people dropping out of the market - as well as removes the context that underemployment is a more serious problem than unemployment.

Please answer this question in a legitimate, specific way.

lol

Typically, you can set your watch to the fact that unemployment goes up in January. It's pretty much unheard of for jobs to be created in the first month of the year, as temporary help for the holidays is cut loose, not to mention consumer spending takes a nose dive from people recovering from the holidays. The fact that the economy has actually shown a net gain in jobs in January is an extremely encouraging sign.

The number of people employed in January was actually lower than the number of people employed in December, as happens every year thanks to seasonal hiring. Nevertheless, this jobs report is a very positive development.

The recovery continues....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls - Feb. 3, 2012

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

.4% (.3% SA) is a "tumble"?

And the value of homes is still falling. Maybe when canada invades us, that will change. :cuckoo:

Even MSNBC acknowledged last month that the unemployment number is misleading at best, as it does not address the record number of employable people dropping out of the market - as well as removes the context that underemployment is a more serious problem than unemployment.

They use the number because it is easier than facing the reality that we have a stagnant economy going nowhere. It makes their candidate look like he is actually doing something to help the situation, even though he is the reason why we have the stagnation.

The whole thing really is silly because the people who are underemployed or stopped looking altogether will still be voting on Election Day and they aren't going to be fooled by these doctored, artificially low unemployment numbers.

Last edited:

They use the number because it is easier than facing the reality that we have a stagnant economy going nowhere. It makes there candidate look like he is actually doing something to help the situation, even though he is the reason why we have the stagnation.

The whole thing really is silly because the people who are underemployed or stopped looking altogether will still be voting on Election Day and they aren't going to be fooled by these doctored, artificially low unemployment numbers.

I think anyone who uses the number without mentioning both the unreality of it, and in context with the much more serious problem of underemployment is disingenuous at best. Like I say, even MSNBC clarifies the number.

Forum List

Back