Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Understanding the illegals' experience | CharlotteObserver.com
Understanding the illegals' experience
By Franco Ordoñez
[email protected]
Posted: Saturday, May. 23, 2009

Nearly two dozen residents, including mayoral candidate Anthony Foxx, participated in a pilot event Thursday night designed to simulate the illegal immigrant experience.

The role playing event, conducted at the Quaker Meeting House in North Charlotte, seeks to give non-Latinos a better understanding of why rural Mexicans migrate to the United States and the challenges they face here.

Denise Alvarez, an English as second language teacher, played a human smuggler capitalizing on the desperation of poor campesinos.

Bob Morgan, 39, a Charlotte graphic designer, played the role of a bean picker who felt forced to cross the border illegally to support his family.

“It's one thing to hear something on a news report,” he said. “It's another to try and experience what these people are going through to get here.”

Lori Fernald Khamala, director of the N.C. immigrant rights program at the American Friends Service Committee, hosted the event. She said the goal is to bring the program to other churches, schools and other organizations.

Charlotte City Councilman Foxx said city leaders, even those who may not agree with message, could learn from the program.

“The way the simulation is set up, you see that people really have to want to get here,” he said. “People on all sides of this issue should be willing to see it from this perspective.”

Hey Mr Foxx, how about if you had the perspective that they are illegal aliens. They are breaking the law you damn dumbass.

Bob Morgan, 39, a Charlotte graphic designer, played the role of a bean picker who felt forced to cross the border illegally to support his family.

Im sure old Bob knows his illegal aliens. Has he ever been to a cockfight ?

'Understanding the illegals' experience'

And?? Who needs this 'experience' to understand? Just turn on the 6 o'clock news and you will.

So tell this to their corrupt countries who do nothing to ease the plight of the illegal.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

ya--I'm never forgiving France for that either. Let them take some huddled masses.

ya--I'm never forgiving France for that either. Let them take some huddled masses.

do not confuse government measures against immigrants which have caused the social tensions you are likely to be implying with the freedom they have had to move there in the first place.

do not confuse government measures against immigrants which have caused the social tensions you are likely to be implying with the freedom they have had to move there in the first place.

once again---in English, please.

Illegal: /ɪˈligəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-lee-guhl] Show IPA
–adjective
1. forbidden by law or statute.
2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

I mean that when those news about France showed cars on fire and immigrant riots, what made those immigrants do that (even though their actions were unjustified) was new government regulation to restrict immigrants freedom and rights simply because they were immigrants.

I mean that when those news about France showed cars on fire and immigrant riots, what made those immigrants do that (even though their actions were unjustified) was new government regulation to restrict immigrants freedom and rights simply because they were immigrants.

Were they illegal immigrants?

I do not know. What does it matter? Why is there a need for government to catalog who comes from where and why? Shouldn't people be free to move wherever they see fit? If you're arguing on the basis that they will be enjoying resources such as taxes and hospitals and etc then fine, they can pay taxes as well, it doesnt mean they should restrict how many go by the border

I do not know. What does it matter? Why is there a need for government to catalog who comes from where and why? Shouldn't people be free to move wherever they see fit? If you're arguing on the basis that they will be enjoying resources such as taxes and hospitals and etc then fine, they can pay taxes as well, it doesnt mean they should restrict how many go by the border

Immigration to the US is available. There are legal and illegal means of doing it. The article I posted was about experiencing the illegal method, and trying to garner sympathy for law breakers. What part of that did you not understand?

Immigration to the US is available. There are legal and illegal means of doing it. The article I posted was about experiencing the illegal method, and trying to garner sympathy for law breakers. What part of that did you not understand?

Oh he understands all of it. he's telling you you don't have a right to a country with borders and laws.. so kiss that old mantra "we are a country with rules of law" goodbye.. now knowing democwats this will all change if suddenly 30 million AMericans sashayed down to Mexico and took over all their social welfare benefits (if they even have any.)

Hi MountainMan:

The Charlotte Observer is trying to paint a happy face on the Illegal Alien Invasion by advocating lawlessness and the displacement of U.S. Citizens from JOBS.

Understanding the illegals' experience | CharlotteObserver.com

Understanding the illegals' experience
By Franco Ordoñez
[email protected]
Posted: Saturday, May. 23, 2009

Nearly two dozen residents, including mayoral candidate Anthony Foxx, participated in a pilot event Thursday night designed to simulate the illegal immigrant experience.

In other words, nearly 24 people are actively engaged in helping forward the Open Borders Lobby Agenda, which is really no story at all. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and CA Senator Dianne Feinstein have been pushing the Open Borders Lobby Agenda for years . . . because their unscrupulous employers need a 20 Million-man Illegal Alien Foreign National Labor Pool and they are the best Govt Representatives that money can buy . . .

The role playing event, conducted at the Quaker Meeting House in North Charlotte, seeks to give non-Latinos a better understanding of why rural Mexicans migrate* to the United States and the challenges they face here.

The key to this silly Open Borders Lobby Propaganda here is ‘migrate*,’ when in reality Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are coming here by the millions through the ‘back door’ very much ‘illegally.’ Anyone using the term ‘migrate’ or ‘migration’ to characterize crossing sovereign borders ‘illegally’ is part of the cotton-picking Open Borders Lobby Propaganda Problem.

Denise Alvarez, an English as second language teacher, played a human smuggler capitalizing on the desperation of poor campesinos.

The smuggling of human beings across the Mexican/U.S. Border will continue to be a BIG problem, so long as nobody in the United States is ‘enforcing’ the Rule Of Law. We have plenty of perfectly good ‘immigration/employment’ laws (Wiki) that nobody cares to see enforced, so people are attracted by the “Lawlessness Magnet” that comes from our do-nothing president (Bush and now Obama) and our do-nothing Congress (Republicans and Democrats) simply looking the other way. Everybody in ‘law enforcement’ (what a joke) from the president down to the local sheriff is GUILTY of allowing the Illegal Alien Invasion . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfT5vJx8Vk&feature=related"]YouTube - Illegal Immigration; the Destruction of America[/ame]

. . . to continue unabated, while more and more U.S. citizens are ‘displaced’ from JOBS, going into foreclosure and bankruptcy and eventually into tent cities. Displaced Americans are suffering from lower wages and no wages, but these Open Border Lobby idiots are out here ‘playing a human smuggler’ that is empowered by Senor Obama’s complete disregard for the “Rule Of Law.”

No. The Illegal Alien Foreign National decided to cross the U.S. Border ‘illegally’ for the sole purpose of stealing a JOB from a real American Worker, so a U.S. Citizen and his family can be ‘displaced’ into poverty. Most people come out of banks with money ‘legally,’ but some people want to cheat the system and decide all on their own to leave the bank with money ‘illegally’ to the detriment of everybody else. These Charlotte people are pandering to lawlessness with absolutely no regard for the Rule Of Law, which makes them just like Senor Bushie and Senor Obama and our out-of-control Congress . . .

“It's one thing to hear something on a news report,” he said. “It's another to try and experience what these people are going through to get here.”

No. A real experience would include crossing the border into Canada in order to steal a Canadian Identity for the purpose of stealing a Canadian JOB, so you can ‘displace’ a Canadian Worker into poverty; so he can go out and ‘displace’ another Canadian from his JOB, so on and so forth.

Lori Fernald Khamala, director of the N.C. immigrant rights program at the American Friends Service Committee, hosted the event. She said the goal is to bring the program to other churches, schools and other organizations.

These people are conspiring together to commit treason against U.S. Citizens by encouraging others to come here illegally ‘and by encouraging citizens to aid, abet and harbor Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals in direct violation of Federal Law. These Illegal Aliens broke the law by coming here ILLEGALLY in the first place and then commit a second crime by obtaining illegal documentation to commit the third crime of working here ILLEGALLY.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWt74Lysgj4"]McDonald's Corp And Illegal Immigration[/ame]

The U.S. Govt is doing next to NOTHING to enforce our immigration/employment laws, which is simple to verify by the fact that many Illegal Aliens use the same Social Security numbers (story). If 81 people are using the SAME NUMBER (this is ridiculous), then at least 80 of those people are doing so ILLEGALLY. We have all of the addresses on the employment applications, but the Federal, State and Local ‘Law Enforcement’ people (what a joke) cannot do the cotton-picking math.

Charlotte City Councilman Foxx said city leaders, even those who may not agree with message, could learn from the program.

What a moron!!! This Foxx idiot right here is insulting our combined intelligence by even intimating that law-abiding U.S. Citizens can learn from his exercise in LAWLESSNESS that only seeks to pander to the Open Border Lobby idiots sending billions of dollars to bribe our elected (corrupt) Govt Officials.

“The way the simulation is set up, you see that people really have to want to get here,” he said. “People on all sides of this issue should be willing to see it from this perspective.”

The U.S.A. simply does NOT have accommodations for every GD Illegal Alien Foreign National wanting to come here in the middle of the night ILLEGALLY.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dB1IEbXqUA&feature=related"]Mexican Invasion Of California[/ame]

Take one look at California to see what happens when you allow millions and millions of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals to run around loose EVERYWHERE; until the U.S. Consumer Base is destroyed and overtaxed U.S. Citizens must leave the state for greener pastures.

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Do any of you bozos live by the border? Are you even aware of what it does to any country when there is uncontrolled migration??? I think not.]B]

Forum List

Back