Undeclared recession

it's Fine..
Just please Don't LOOK at the u.s. Ten Year Bond: TMUBMUSD10Y | U.S. 10 Year Treasury Note Overview | MarketWatch
There is an Ugly Rumor that other Nations are DUMPING 'Dollars'
Still pretty much a spectator on that one. Try as I might I can't see how those Nations benefit themselves by doing that. I know that BRICS is trying to make an impact but their collective economies are in a shambles right now.
Any views on this?

Let's hope that's true however you ignored the pandemic. If you want to be credible you have to include that. I give Biden room for it whenever I mention the economy. Quite apart from that the most notable effect of the the money bomb now exploding in our faces is the incredible shrinking dollar. This is a direct result of volumetric unit expansion to create the illusion of wealth passed out to such hideously misplaced priorities like the war in Ukraine and other of such money furnaces that take wealth but give nothing back. We all pay for that through inflation ( official numbers are pure bullshit) shrinkflation and higher borrowing costs that absolutely gut the purchasing power of the median income family. No single administration is responsible for it and conversely no single administration is free from it. This is a decades long BAD POLICY HABIT authored by Western imperialist views of the rest of the world that happens to be a brand and a curse
Of the DC politicos who perpetrate this money theft.
Well said. The Ukraine thing is a poor choice as a foible. Russia will expand its sphere into countries that are currently independent if we allow it to occur, and will have 'Cold War' repercussions. Ukraine is only the beginning. My view is that trump told Putin that he would not stand in his way when he was reelected. Didn't happen.

I agree about employment. Something I have noticed in my area. Everyone is taking on side jobs because they are struggling to pay bills. So much so that if you apply for say…Uber,Sparks etc …there is a looong waiting list to get hired.
An easy way to make money without much effort.

I agree about employment. Something I have noticed in my area. Everyone is taking on side jobs because they are struggling to pay bills. So much so that if you apply for say…Uber,Sparks etc …there is a looong waiting list to get hired.
Yeah the foundation elements are horrible. Just because it hasn't hit total impoverishment at this point does not mean that the economy is good. As you noted the demand for man hours per Capita has skyrocketed with the average family needing as much as 100 man hours per week just to keep noses above water and even then only just.

Still pretty much a spectator on that one. Try as I might I can't see how those Nations benefit themselves by doing that. I know that BRICS is trying to make an impact but their collective economies are in a shambles right now.
Any views on this?
Yep.. I am a Novice Economist.. so take it with a grain of salt..
But, I think we're in for a Very Rough Time very soon.

Shrink and swell is typically a normal business cycle but this kind of shrinkage is substantial. Despite the bright and shining prognostications bellowing forth from the propaganda mills reality speaks in ways that cannot be buried in copious verbage.

Your information lacks context, since it doesn't say how many companies opened during this time. That is why you have to measure production, not a one-way look at a single aspect of the business output cycle.

I disagree that employment is strong. I measure employment by prosperity not by the regularity of punching a clock. Sixty percent of American families are struggling to make ends meet and putting more and more on their credit cards.
This smacks of underemployment and more importantly it points to the rotting value of the dollar unit in our closed loop economy.
A nebulous measure like percentage of American families struggling to make ends meet isn't a useful barometer of employment. Real wages are near historical highs despite the brief surge in inflation, which combined with low unemployment = employment is strong.

A nebulous measure like percentage of American families struggling to make ends meet isn't a useful barometer of employment. Real wages are near historical highs despite the brief surge in inflation, which combined with low unemployment = employment is strong.
Haha ... A typical administration puppet.

If you want to talk about nebulous...speaking in terms of real wages is about as nebulous as you can get.
Claim as they might to adjust for inflation they always miss the mark and quite on purpose IMO. The only true currency that can be measured decade after decade in terms of comparative effort is the man-hour. You don't need any complex math to understand that what used to take 40 man hours per capita family unit now takes 80 to 100 for less security, less purchasing power and a smaller share of prosperity. There are a lot of reasons for that...not all of them are evil or bad...but collectively people in general are very well aware of the financial stress they are facing and the constant inference of paradise economy does nothing but piss them off.

Your information lacks context, since it doesn't say how many companies opened during this time. That is why you have to measure production, not a one-way look at a single aspect of the business output cycle.
People are simple.... there's no need to bury the truth in complex analytics. Boys and girls in the 50's and 60's grew up with one paycheck and some left over. In the past 70 years since the need has become 2 paychecks plus ...
This is easy to identify. The wage earners of today were the children of yesterday...they are aware.

Shrink and swell is typically a normal business cycle but this kind of shrinkage is substantial. Despite the bright and shining prognostications bellowing forth from the propaganda mills reality speaks in ways that cannot be buried in copious verbage.

I’m curious… out of all the worlds major economies which nations do you think are doing the best right now?

I’m curious… out of all the worlds major economies which nations do you think are doing the best right now?
Lol....yes...of course it's us<>
Trust me I thought about that all through this complaining post. Perhaps I'm a bit ungrateful. I suppose Dubai and Saudi Arabia do a little better.....but I do understand what you are saying.

Lol....yes...of course it's us<>
Trust me I thought about that all through this complaining post. Perhaps I'm a bit ungrateful. I suppose Dubai and Saudi Arabia do a little better.....but I do understand what you are saying.
Not to say we don’t have our concerns and problems. They are very fair to look at and discuss. Not trying to divert from the focus of your thread. I was just curious how you saw our position in comparison to the rest of the world

Not to say we don’t have our concerns and problems. They are very fair to look at and discuss. Not trying to divert from the focus of your thread. I was just curious how you saw our position in comparison to the rest of the world
We are quite fortunate

F3V1FYSbkAAjtEN

I disagree that employment is strong. I measure employment by prosperity not by the regularity of punching a clock. Sixty percent of American families are struggling to make ends meet and putting more and more on their credit cards.
This smacks of underemployment and more importantly it points to the rotting value of the dollar unit in our closed loop economy.
Real wages have been down for over two years.

Alsoplustoo, look up "inverted yield curve"....A recession has never not happened in its wake.

Forum List

Back