Uncle Joe is Back!

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Joe Biden has joined Barack Obama and Kathleen Sebelius in apologizing for the ObamaCare website fiasco, although he did offer up an excuse for himself and the boss: They’re not “technology geeks.”

Yep, as has been customary for this administration from the beginning, even on the rare occasion when it pretends to take responsibility takes responsibility for something, Biden offered a caveat:

“Neither he and I are technology geeks, and we assumed that it was up and ready to run.”

Remember the old joke about what happens when you assume something? Yeah, that one.

“But the good news is although it’s not, and we apologize for that, we’re confident that by the end of November it will be and there will still be plenty of time for people to register and get online.”

Hey, Joe? You just said that you and the boss aren’t tech geeks. So, given the technical complexity of the issues plaguing HealthCare.gov – about which, professional computer techs and programmers cannot even agree – what gives you the “confidence” to say that the site will be functioning properly by the end of November?

Besides, Mr. Vice President, that “register and get online” thing you mentioned? It happens the other way around.

Biden: Hey, You Can't Blame Barack And Me For The Website Disaster; We're Not 'Tech Geeks,' You Know! | Independent Journal Review

Video at link

large_joe-biden-wink-wink-072809.jpg

Jumpin Joe is a helluva great guy. Smart too!!

Joe Biden's Greatest Gaffes - YouTube

He is no where as good as a Bushism.

1. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

2. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

3. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

4. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

5. "Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."—declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

The top 25 Bushisms of all time.

"His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." --Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

"I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway." --Joe Biden, providing handy tips to protect against the swine flu and freaking us out, "Today Show" interview, April 30, 2009

"Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." –Joe Biden, mistakenly referring to Justice John Paul Stevens, who swore him in as vice president, Washington, D.C., Jan. 20, 2009 (Watch video clip)

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008 (Source)

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007 (Source)

Bidenisms - Joe Biden Gaffes and Biden Quotes - Updated Frequently

Forum List

Back