Unabomber Dead at 81. Why Was He in Supermax Florence ?

Kaczynski had been held at Supermax in Florence, Colorado, before he was transferred to FMC Butner in North Carolina on December 14, 2021.

"FMC Butner is a federal medical center for inmates, according to its website, though BOP said, “for safety and security reasons, we do not discuss the specific conditions of an inmate’s confinement, to include medical information or reasons for transfer/redesignation.”

Why why why. I doubt even Ted knew why he was sent to FL. I know people that were in Federal lockup. They weren't told where they were going, either.
Congrats for being the first attempt at a logical explanation. Still sent to a federal prison is a matter of federal law, but being sent to supermax needs a further reason. As far as I can tell, Kaczynski was not a threat once incarcerated.

The fact he was highly intelligent and a danger is the most likely reason to keep him in a maximum security facility. If someone like him were to escape people's lives would be in danger.
Escape? He'd be a danger in a medium security prison. The MacGyver of Bomb Making.

Congrats for being the first attempt at a logical explanation. Still sent to a federal prison is a matter of federal law, but being sent to supermax needs a further reason. As far as I can tell, Kaczynski was not a threat once incarcerated.
The reason, IMO, is because he's a mark. In solitary where a crazy lifer can't get to him.

The fact he was highly intelligent and a danger is the most likely reason to keep him in a maximum security facility. If someone like him were to escape people's lives would be in danger.
Do you have any idea of how many dangerous people are in prison but not in supermax? I mean the guy no longer has access to chemicals or free mail.

Anyone who ISN'T disgusted with the status quo should definitely see a shrink. (Not that there's any help for them).
You've been disgusted with life , for so very long you have lost the ability to even attempt self reflection. Self-awareness is lost on you.

You've been disgusted with life , for so very long you have lost the ability to even attempt of self reflation, self-awareness is lost on you.
I realize you have great difficulty with comprehension and word association, but “life” and “the establishment” are two, very different things. Unless, that is, your life depends on the establishment. You truly are a mouth breathing goon.

Do you have any idea of how many dangerous people are in prison but not in supermax? I mean the guy no longer has access to chemicals or free mail.
Some like Scott Peterson. Is he a threat to others? No, I don't think so, but he's a HUGE mark in San Quentin for what he did to his wife and unborn child. He wouldn't last long anywhere outside the library.

For those old enough to remember the Unibomber, Theodore Kaczynki, why was he placed in the highest security prison in the world.

The guy was a genius, a PHD from Harvard, and not given to violence on a personal level. I know math is racist, but cannot be said to be necessarily violent.

So why?

Because he murdered three people, seriously injured/maimed dozens more, terrorized a nation, and forever required extra caution in sending packages in the mail. It was intentional, it was malicious, it was viscious.

People have received life sentences in maximum security prisons for far less.

I realize you have great difficulty with comprehension and word association, but “life” and “the establishment” are two, very different things. Unless, that is, your life depends on the establishment. You truly are a mouth breathing goon.
You can't be this fucking stupid.

You've been disgusted with life , for so very long you have lost the ability to even attempt self reflection. Self-awareness is lost on you.

Because he murdered three people, seriously injured/maimed dozens more, terrorized a nation, and forever required extra caution in sending packages in the mail. It was intentional, it was malicious, it was viscious.

People have received life sentences in maximum security prisons for far less.
I get that, but Florence ADX is for only the highest security prisoners. Three murders is relatively nothng.

Forum List

Back