“UN Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked”

Real Climate Science

“UN Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked”​

Tony Heller

June 10,2022

Excerpt:

“June 29, 1989
UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

LINK

=====

No climate change in my area since 1989 it is still BSk Koppen.

Global warming trend has continued another 22 years after we all died.

:laughing0301:
From 1989 that was a reasonable estimate as to the point at which the process would become irreversible.

From 1989 that was a reasonable estimate as to the point at which the process would become irreversible.
It’s truly a miracle the planet ever transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet given how much more CO2 was in the atmosphere.

you still haven't explained why the Arctic and Antarctic still have ice.

I mean, I know, but I'm not the one screaming doom and gloom about their core value.

Yet they were wrong and year 2000 claims are completely unsupportable.

You sure like voodoo science.

Many of our problems are irreversible. We're circling 'The Big Drain'. :omg:
I think the ones I'm aware of are reversible but it's going to first call for extremist actions and measures to bring about a will to change.

Probably not a civil war but violence with guns that brings a horrible warning. I don't think Trump will accept defeat without attempting another coup.

I think the ones I'm aware of are reversible but it's going to first call for extremist actions and measures to bring about a will to change.

Probably not a civil war but violence with guns that brings a horrible warning. I don't think Trump will accept defeat without attempting another coup.
I agree. I don't think we have enough time for the present generation of 'leaders' to die out so we can return to some semblance of sanity.

Maybe if the Warming Cult had gotten one single prediction right in the last 50 years more people might be receptive to your message.
very few people are still shutting their eyes over climate change not least because they are feeling the result of it. We can no longer avoid serious problems. However if we are still putting the same amount of fossil fuel in the atmosphere by 2030 it could result in the extinction of humanity. Not all on that day but making it impossible to stop the continual destruction of this planet. One of the quickest things of course will be the destruction of cities by the sea. New York will not last long, nor will London.

Wars are believed to be what we are going to see looking for resources. We are fighting Russia now looking for her resources but that will be how it is with no intelligence just making the planet worse as nothing destroys the climate more quickly than war. Then it will be a fight for food which is why some towns are setting up food refuges so that when their town is in trouble they will be able to give people what they need and hopefully avoid people fighting.

I agree. I don't think we have enough time for the present generation of 'leaders' to die out so we can return to some semblance of sanity.
It could happen overnight, given the right circumstances. I could offer some possibilities but that would just make the discussion more politically charged.

Violence is already being mentioned on this board by certain individuals, and so it's tempting but it's still not license to start doing the same.

Wars are believed to be what we are going to see looking for resources. We are fighting Russia now looking for her resources but that will be how it is with no intelligence just making the planet worse as nothing destroys the climate more quickly than war. Then it will be a fight for food which is why some towns are setting up food refuges so that when their town is in trouble they will be able to give people what they need and hopefully avoid people fighting.
Russia's natural resources are a huge prize that will have to be the property of the world's greatest alliance.
I'm referring to the two great alliances that will be formed in the future.

I can see real hope for the future in M.A.D.

Even if some country makes the mistake of using a nuclear weapon, the deterrent will still exist that prevents a nuclear holocaust.

Fwiw, America has recently claimed that it is going to pursue regime change in Venezuela. Presumably in the interest of freeing the people as opposed to any interests in the oil.

very few people are still shutting their eyes over climate change not least because they are feeling the result of it. We can no longer avoid serious problems. However if we are still putting the same amount of fossil fuel in the atmosphere by 2030 it could result in the extinction of humanity. Not all on that day but making it impossible to stop the continual destruction of this planet. One of the quickest things of course will be the destruction of cities by the sea. New York will not last long, nor will London.

What a bunch of nonsense since the planet is getting healthier with increased CO2 and greening up too.

What a bunch of nonsense since the planet is getting healthier with increased CO2 and greening up too.
you should watch your drought and forest fires just for beginning. Is this the year the world is going to see the first big famine. I just don't understand why some people want to remain ignorant about something so important or maybe they still believe that what the fossil fuel people say is the truth. You are now a tiny section of society and as such not really worth trying to argue with as you would never change. Most other people have.

They have been trying Regime change on Venezuela since Feb 1992...but they still have neither managed that nor got the oil!

Yes, but they will unless Venezuela gains the protection small resource rich countries need to protect them from aggression by large powerful countries.

The world's most powerful countries compete for countries such as Venezuela.

Some compete with bombs from 3000 feet to liberate the people but others compete with friendly persuasion! Their objectives are the same.

you should watch your drought and forest fires just for beginning. Is this the year the world is going to see the first big famine. I just don't understand why some people want to remain ignorant about something so important or maybe they still believe that what the fossil fuel people say is the truth. You are now a tiny section of society and as such not really worth trying to argue with as you would never change. Most other people have/

No famine is projected your lies are quickly pegging you as a warmist/alarmist kook.

Droughts worldwide is decreasing slowly for years.

And here is the latest study from Nature Magazine showing, guess what? Globally, droughts are decreasing, not increasing.

1655313975473.png

Droughts in the US have been decreasing, not increasing.
1655314022572.png

Wet spring in the Pacific Northwest has ended the drought there thus only the DESERT Southwest is the only drought area in America.

LINK

The rest of the nation precipitation has been INCREASING since 1970.

Yes, but they will unless Venezuela gains the protection small resource rich countries need to protect them from aggression by large powerful countries.

The world's most powerful countries compete for countries such as Venezuela.

Some compete with bombs from 3000 feet to liberate the people but others compete with friendly persuasion! Their objectives are the same.
The people have never given their consent. The Military have never given their consent. They have been killing thousands of Venezuela's due to their sanctions. I have not been following for over a year so not up on what is going on now but what the US has done to those people already is beyond bestial and really that is why the US talk about other people being violent as laughable. Unfortunately the UK is usually one step behind and for whatever reason all of Europe appears to have been in on this one. I am not sure the US will have a victory over them. I would say the world would have had to be very changed for that to happen but these people have been made to suffer and suffer because of US's greed and that is disgusting.

The rest of the nation precipitation has been INCREASING since 1970.
The world of science has come a long way since 1900 on eliminating the effects of droughts.
That which would have been a drought in 1900 has become a bumper crop due to drought resistant genetically altered varieties.

The people have never given their consent. The Military have never given their consent. They have been killing thousands of Venezuela's due to their sanctions. I have not been following for over a year so not up on what is going on now but what the US has done to those people already is beyond bestial and really that is why the US talk about other people being violent as laughable.
The US has recently declared that it will pursue regime change in Venezuela.
Unfortunately the UK is usually one step behind and for whatever reason all of Europe appears to have been in on this one. I am not sure the US will have a victory over them. I would say the world would have had to be very changed for that to happen but these people have been made to suffer and suffer because of US's greed and that is disgusting.
America's war against Russia, using the Ukraine as it's proxy is the culmination of all of America's wars for natural resources.

America's plans have met with failure with it's use of other methods but this US approach is much more innovative. It's the final solution for America and they won't be denied easily.

That which is so interesting about the whole mess is that it requires Russia's cooperation on keeping it to a limited war.

And of course Russia fully understands that it's going to be their last big fight that they can never agree to losing.

Open and free discussion on the eventual possibilities needs to take place, without fear.

Forum List

Back