UN human rights official urges end to Gaza blockade

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

"UN Humanitarian Coordinator James Rawley urged Israel to lift the Gaza blockade that has been in place since 2007, and to allow people and goods to move freely across the border."The cumulative impact of Israel's restrictions, some of which have been in place for more than a decade, has devastated the livelihoods of families in Gaza, such as farmers and fishermen," Rawley said, according to a UN report.The UN report also included an assessment which indicates that 57% of people in Gaza do not have money to buy sufficient food and 80% of families receive some form of international aid. " UN human rights official urges end to Gaza blockade | JPost | Israel News. We have had so very many calls by the international community for Israel to lift the illegal Blockade on Gaza, and here is another , by the United Nations. We have 1.6 to 1.7 million human beings living in Gaza, and I have read approximately 60% of them are children. No child or human being deserves to deliberately be denied their basic needs that are required to sustain human life, nor do they deserve to live every day of their lives deliberately denied their basic human rights established by international law. The International Red Cross has called the Gaza Blockade collective punishment, a war crime. The intl community has an obligation to end this continuing war crime Israel is perpetrating in Gaza and take steps to insure the illegal Blockade is lifted. Sherri

Last edited:

"UN Humanitarian Coordinator James Rawley urged Israel to lift the Gaza blockade that has been in place since 2007, and to allow people and goods to move freely across the border."The cumulative impact of Israel's restrictions, some of which have been in place for more than a decade, has devastated the livelihoods of families in Gaza, such as farmers and fishermen," Rawley said, according to a UN report.The UN report also included an assessment which indicates that 57% of people in Gaza do not have money to buy sufficient food and 80% of families receive some form of international aid. " UN human rights official urges end to Gaza blockade | JPost | Israel News. We have had so very many calls by the intl community for Israel to lift the illegal Blockade on Gaza, and here is another , by the United Nations. We have 1.6 to 1.7 million human beings living in Gaza, and I have read 60% of them are children. No child or human being deserves to deliberately be denied their basic needs that are required to sustain human life, nor do they deserve to live every day of their lives deliberately denied their basic human rights established by intl law. The Red Cross has called the Gaza Blockade collective punishment, a war crime. The intl vommunity has an obligation to end this continuing war crime Israel is perpetrating in Gaza and take steps to insure the illegal Blockade is lifted. Sherri
I think sanctions should be levied against Israel because of this blockade, which is a crime against humanity (collective punishment).

UN: Israeli forces killed 2,300 in Gaza under blockade. BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Israeli forces have killed nearly 2,300 Palestinians and injured 7,700 in Gaza over the last five years, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said Thursday. Some 27 percent of the fatalities in Gaza were women and children, the UN agency said in a report highlighting the effects of Israel's blockade." UN: Israeli forces killed 2,300 in Gaza under blockade | Maan News Agency. This Blockade is deadly, to men and to women and to children. Sherri

"UN Humanitarian Coordinator James Rawley urged Israel to lift the Gaza blockade that has been in place since 2007, and to allow people and goods to move freely across the border."The cumulative impact of Israel's restrictions, some of which have been in place for more than a decade, has devastated the livelihoods of families in Gaza, such as farmers and fishermen," Rawley said, according to a UN report.The UN report also included an assessment which indicates that 57% of people in Gaza do not have money to buy sufficient food and 80% of families receive some form of international aid. " UN human rights official urges end to Gaza blockade | JPost | Israel News. We have had so very many calls by the intl community for Israel to lift the illegal Blockade on Gaza, and here is another , by the United Nations. We have 1.6 to 1.7 million human beings living in Gaza, and I have read 60% of them are children. No child or human being deserves to deliberately be denied their basic needs that are required to sustain human life, nor do they deserve to live every day of their lives deliberately denied their basic human rights established by intl law. The Red Cross has called the Gaza Blockade collective punishment, a war crime. The intl vommunity has an obligation to end this continuing war crime Israel is perpetrating in Gaza and take steps to insure the illegal Blockade is lifted. Sherri
I think sanctions should be levied against Israel because of this blockade, which is a crime against humanity (collective punishment).

I agree. Israel needs to be given an ultimatum, lift the Blockade or face sanctions.

I just read that presently every crossing into Gaza is closed and the tunnels are closed. Complete deprivation of all basic human needs to survive is presently taking place in Gaza!

Once there is no aggression by Islamic Jihad and Salafis, there will be no issue to start with.

Since they refuse to stop committing war crimes against civilians in Israel, there is a blockade.

the blockade, by the way, is illegal and not considered a war crime.

Please, at least bring out correct facts when responding.

I just read that presently every crossing into Gaza is closed and the tunnels are closed. Complete deprivation of all basic human needs to survive is presently taking place in Gaza!

tunnels are closed, mostly due to the fact that many of them were used against Egypt. Egypt filled many of the tunnels with water and some were bombed.

They have Morsi to thank for that. Not us.

What are the tunnels for, anyway? smuggling weapons. Because food they have more than enough. Therefor, the destruction of the tunnels is nothing but cuts short their ability to harm Egyptians and Israelis.

I agree. Israel needs to be given an ultimatum, lift the Blockade or face sanctions.

I am for more efficient ultimatum.

Give all stocks of rockets to an international force, or all of Gaza will be used as a Parking-lot for the people of Ashdod. 48 hours.

There. much better:D

Sure !
Israel should let in all the jihadists so that they can blow up every single Israeli that they want.
What a stupid thing to say.
You actually think that Israel will let their people be blowen off the map like the people in Gaza want to do?

Once there is no aggression by Islamic Jihad and Salafis, there will be no issue to start with.

Since they refuse to stop committing war crimes against civilians in Israel, there is a blockade.

Nothing justifies Israels deliberate starvation of 1.7 million human beings in Gaza. Nothing. Justifies these continuing war crimes.

Sure !
Israel should let in all the jihadists so that they can blow up every single Israeli that they want.
What a stupid thing to say.
You actually think that Israel will let their people be blowen off the map like the people in Gaza want to do?

The issue is Israels actions in deliberately starving over 1 million children of food and water and other basic needs required for human survival.

Nothing justifies Israels deliberate starvation of 1.7 million human beings in Gaza. Nothing. Justifies these continuing war crimes.

I asked many times but yet any of you brought any proof that the people of Gaza are starving.

Will any of you finally bring base to this chewed false claim?

Or should I lost hope?:)

Forum List

Back