Ummm ... Negotiating With Terrorists? $400 Million to Iran

Obama will do anything to assist the worlds leading sponsor of terrorism.

I cannot bear to so imagine------I prefer to imagine that he is as clueless about the real issues as was BUSH---when he funded
the Taliban ~~~~~ he didn't know------did he? ----tell me he didn't know................

I cannot bear to so imagine------I prefer to imagine that he is as clueless about the real issues as was BUSH---when he funded
the Taliban ~~~~~ he didn't know------did he? ----tell me he didn't know................

Obama loves Iran..He's so happy in this video kissing ass

You wingnuts should ask the men and women released from Iran their take on freedom. Oh and last I checked we have a congress that helps in these decisions.

You wingnuts should ask the men and women released from Iran their take on freedom. Oh and last I checked we have a congress that helps in these decisions.

I didn't hear about it-------did you?

So when more Americans are kidnapped by Iran, why don't you ask them why Obama put a target out on all Americans. Libidiots are totally clueless.

I did. US govt claimed we owed it and it saved us money. But not one word about it being cash flown in. Kirby says its all good, just as he did then. And says Iran is lying when they say it is ransom. And it just happened to be coincidental they were released at the same time.
Says we will be giving $1.3 billion more as well. Asked will it be flown in as cash as well. He wouldn't answer, really.

I didn't hear about it-------did you?

Last edited:
I did. US govt claimed we owed it and it saved us money. But not one word about it being cash flown in. Kirby says its all good, just as he did then. And says Iran is lying when they say it is ransom. And it just happened to be coincidental they were released at the same time.
Says we will be giving $1.3 billion more as well. Asked will it be flown in as cash as well. He wouldn't answer, really.

I still don't like it......Iran is an enemy of the USA.

[

They were on our side against the USSR at the time.

BIG MISTAKE-------"we" used the same logic in aiding the TALIBAN <<<<< big mistake. disclaimer>> the WHITE HOUSE FORGOT TO ASK ME.......

I don't either. Many of us were pissed. It was just too coincidental. And many in Congress got upset back then calling it ransom. Another one of those deals not approved by Congress this pres made.

Republicans slam prisoner deal with Iran as ‘ransom’ and ‘negotiating with terrorists’
Iran Hostages: Honorable Deal - or Ransom?

these articles were from the time of the deal.

I still don't like it......Iran is an enemy of the USA.

[

Obama sent $400m to Iran as American prisoners freed
The pallets, which were stuffed with euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currencies, arrived in Tehran on January 17. That same day, four US citizens were released in exchange for seven Iranians held in the United States.

Obama paid Iran $400 million ransom for American hostages: report
The Obama administration secretly airlifted $400 million in cash to Iran in January at the same time Tehran was releasing four jailed Americans, payment that a top congressional Republican is calling “ransom.”

Reports: Obama paid $1.7 billion ‘ransom’ to Iran for hostages’ release
The Obama administration has paid a “ransom” of $1.7 billion in U.S. taxpayers’ funds to Iran for the release of American hostages, critics and Iran officials said.
Now that Obama has set the standards that America will pay ransoms for US citizens, every US citizen is now a target for being taken as a hostage.

Story will be buried by the Olympics. Probably not a coincidence it was revealed now.

Except Bush never funded the Taliban, so Obama stands alone.

You can't pay someone with their own money. When Iran took American embassy hostages, Carter froze their assets. But legally, the money never belonged to the US. It's been explained before many times. Why can't the GOP "get it"?
You're an idiot. This is SEPERATE from the frozen assets.

I also believe his swap for Bergdahl was ridiculous. If I recall correctly those prisoners from gitmo are already back at it. And don't think we know everything behind that deal.

In January, CNN was first to report, and U.S. officials later confirmed, that one of the five fighters was making phone calls to militants. The latest claim indicates those efforts were more widespread.
Official: At least 3 members of 'Taliban 5' tried to reconnect with terror networks | Fox News
Gitmo detainees traded for Bergdahl have tried to resume terror activities | New York Post
and they actually did make contact. I remember readig where they were even visited in Qatar by Taliban.
Even the Pentagon said at least 4 of them would return to help fight again.

So every time the terrorists take hostages we give them what they want? How will that end?

FYI, Pastor Saeed has raised the story but has not commented yet. I'm sure he soon will.

And the Hague has never validated that debt they claim we owe. In other words no court has found us responsible for this money.

This is separate deal from the frozen assets included in the Iran deal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back