Ultimate energy source

I know the laws and I have not broken them; next
Wrong! People keep telling you but you refuse to believe. Law of conservation of energy -- look it up. Oh.. wait.. I will even do it for you
:)-

JoeMoma,

Is this process linear?

Btw- Thanks for your contribution here. Since you have changed my look at this I am going to include your handle as one of the designers; If you don't mind. :)-

Compressing air to get it down to where the buckets need to be filled will take more energy than you get out of it.
I understand where you are coming from but you also need to take into account that five (5) buckets with air in them will be pulling together. And to maintain the process all you need to do is fill the lower bucket to keep the process running.

right/wrong?

You will have to keep filling all the buckets, so all the compression of air to fill them will add up to more than you get out of it.
That is because of frictional losses.
The fact there are 5 buckets pulling together does not help because you still had to fill all five buckets.

About the only way to get energy out off the ocean, is either something that bobs up and down with waves but then uses a one way ratchet to turn a shaft one direction, or a thermal cline tube to take advantage of the heat difference from between the top of the ocean and down deep.

Have not read this, but know it has been done.
http://curry.eas.gatech.edu/Courses/6140/ency/Chapter2/Ency_Oceans/OTEC.pdf

Scuba tanks! Aren't you suppose to be pumping the air down via a pipe.
JoeMoma,
The method of getting the air to the bottom is not the real issue here but the costs of energy needed is. I decided that I could use scuba tanks as my starting point. It costs $5 to fill a scuba tank in the USA. In reference to costs, I thought I would start here.

Scuba tanks are a bad idea.
They get hot when you fill, then cool off, losing even more energy.
Better to run a pipe right to an air pump on the surface, so there is not as much heat loss over time.

Filling scuba tanks can cost more due to inspections, testing, etc.

Here is a real power generator using heat difference from different levels in ocean.

otec.jpg

You will have to keep filling all the buckets, so all the compression of air to fill them will add up to more than you get out of it.
You have to fill all of the buckets (balloons) once, when they are all full all you need to do is fill one (1) at any moment in time to keep it running.

[yes] or [no]

Below is an old idea I had----
wrong drawing, I deleted it

Attachments

• SEAFLUM9.pdf
    155.3 KB · Views: 45
Wrong! People keep telling you but you refuse to believe. Law of conservation of energy -- look it up. Oh.. wait.. I will even do it for you
Whether I prove myself totally wrong or not I will repost this revised version to see if the ending output is larger than the input.

It would be a violation of the law of conservation of energy for the ending output (of energy) to be larger than the input of energy. I

Seems to me that you don't now the laws.

JoeMoma,

Is this process linear?

Btw- Thanks for your contribution here. Since you have changed my look at this I am going to include your handle as one of the designers; If you don't mind. :)-
Doesn't matter to me. But don't include Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck because Disney will sue.

Is the process linear? Not sure what you mean. I would say your process is a cycle, thus it's not linear.

That's not the "device" this thread is about. That device is tapping into an energy source. It does not output more energy that is input to it.
I know that. I was just showing you an old idea I had.
I have included your name on the drawing as a contributor.
Hope you don't mind :)-

Here is the new version with the author's names

Attachments

• TEMP4.pdf
    73.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Compressing air to get it down to where the buckets need to be filled will take more energy than you get out of it.
I understand where you are coming from but you also need to take into account that five (5) buckets with air in them will be pulling together. And to maintain the process all you need to do is fill the lower bucket to keep the process running.

right/wrong?

but you also need to take into account that five (5) buckets with air in them will be pulling together.

(5) times less than perfect efficiency still loses useful energy.

Scuba tanks! Aren't you suppose to be pumping the air down via a pipe.
JoeMoma,
The method of getting the air to the bottom is not the real issue here but the costs of energy needed is. I decided that I could use scuba tanks as my starting point. It costs $5 to fill a scuba tank in the USA. In reference to costs, I thought I would start here.

It costs $5 to fill a scuba tank in the USA. In reference to costs, I thought I would start here.

How do you bring the tanks back to the surface?

How do you bring the tanks back to the surface?

There is an exchanger at the top that exchanges the empty tanks with full ones

Listen, I agree that my contraption does not work but I need to prove it to myself and you folks are helping me out a lot.

Still I am not there yet, I still believe that--
It takes (X) amount of energy to fill one balloon. Once the system is running it still takes only the energy needed to fill one balloon to keep the system running.
The five above balloons pulling in unison puts out five times more energy that it takes to keep the system running.
My son has arrived and he is on your side while I am here alone believing five (5) combined energy sources \pulling together puts out more energy that it takes to fill one.
I'm stubborn and lock-headed and at 70 my brain has gone numb.

Last edited:
(5) times less than perfect efficiency still loses useful energy.
I do not deny that energy is consumed while the process runs. I do not deny that water resistance to the rising balloons consumes energy, etc.

What I have not conceded to is the following:

for example-

It takes (X) amount of energy to put air in one balloon

(X)+(X) +(X)+(X)+(X) = more energy output at any moment in time than (X)

Together with on other fact. As the balloons rise they will expand creating more lifting force

Forum List

Back