UK ban on US chlorinated chicken 'to continue after Brexit'

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
UK's chlorine-washed chicken ban 'to remain'

Chlorine-washed chicken and hormone-treated beef will be kept out of the UK under any trade deal with the US, the environment secretary has promised.

Theresa Villiers told the BBC the current European Union ban on the two foods will be carried over into UK legislation after Brexit.

Until now the UK has been wavering on the issue.

But she told BBC Countryfile: “There are legal barriers to the imports and those are going to stay in place.”

Well we were told that we would not lower our food standards in any trade agreement. So of course we will do so.

This is being offered up to distract that we will be importing other Frankenstein foods from the States.

UK's chlorine-washed chicken ban 'to remain'

Chlorine-washed chicken and hormone-treated beef will be kept out of the UK under any trade deal with the US, the environment secretary has promised.

Theresa Villiers told the BBC the current European Union ban on the two foods will be carried over into UK legislation after Brexit.

Until now the UK has been wavering on the issue.

But she told BBC Countryfile: “There are legal barriers to the imports and those are going to stay in place.”

Well we were told that we would not lower our food standards in any trade agreement. So of course we will do so.

This is being offered up to distract that we will be importing other Frankenstein foods from the States.

As an American, I prefer my chicken to be washed with chlorine and my beef steaks supplemented with hormones.

I bet a lot of the people in Britain might like it too, if they were given a choice.

Sure, for those that don't like it, they should have a choice. But Britain needs to become a free nation , allowing people to have different culinary options.

Forum List

Back