Uh oh...somebody made BO mad

All of you are an excellent example of how Americans can no longer see the forest for the trees:

You've become so entrenched in playing Liberal vs. Conservative, Democrat, vs Republican, that you cannot see that All are playing us. Nothing Worthwhile has come out of the US Govt for so fucking long, we probably wouldn't recognise it if it bit us on our collective asses.

All of you are an excellent example of how Americans can no longer see the forest for the trees:

You've become so entrenched in playing Liberal vs. Conservative, Democrat, vs Republican, that you cannot see that All are playing us. Nothing Worthwhile has come out of the US Govt for so fucking long, we probably wouldn't recognise it if it bit us on our collective asses.
Speak for yourself, pal.

Obama blasts banks for opposing financial overhaul - Yahoo! News

He told "60 Minutes" that the banks were to blame for the financial fall out last year.

I thought it was Bush's fault.

Oh wait...later in the article, he singles out republicans and lobbyists as the ones that are opposed to stricter oversight. Which confuses me, since there were SO many democrats who benefitted from the risky moves that the banks were making on shakey loans in the first place.

I think the POTUS just has his panties in a wad because somebody decided to quit kissing his shiney little Nobel Peace Prized ass.

Well, let's see. For the first six years of Bush's presidency, the Republicans held the presidency and both houses. They also had a majority in the Supreme Court.
They never included the cost of either war in their budgets. They cut taxes for the rich, DURING A TIME OF WAR and and completely deregulated Wall Street.

Republicans ran up enormous deficits and yet did nothing to fix health care or our crumbling infra structure. Where did the money go? Who knows?

Minneapolis 35W Bridge Falls Into Mississippi River (12 Videos) « Video Pundits

Now, tell me again how it's the Democrats "fault".

3 times under Bush the Republicans ( twice by Bush, once by McCain) tried to get stricter regulations on the housing loan industry. All 3 times it was defeated by the Democrats, lead by Barney Frank in the House and Chris Dodd in the Senate.

In fact Frank was making TV appearances and statements just weeks before the collapse was so apparent that the housing loan Industry was sound and any further regulations would ruin the sector.

QFT.
Incredible that the man with the most power to reign in Fannie/Freddie instead "rolled the dice" and yet Obama never mentioned Barney Frank (D. Faygola).

Why are you stuck on DC? It is global now baby. Unions ahve no growth potential in the US it is internationally. Manufacturing in the US? Right. We are going to pay through cap and trade, and give the third world modern means of prodction to beat us with. How is that for the forest?

Well, let's see. For the first six years of Bush's presidency, the Republicans held the presidency and both houses. They also had a majority in the Supreme Court.
They never included the cost of either war in their budgets. They cut taxes for the rich, DURING A TIME OF WAR and and completely deregulated Wall Street.

Republicans ran up enormous deficits and yet did nothing to fix health care or our crumbling infra structure. Where did the money go? Who knows?

Minneapolis 35W Bridge Falls Into Mississippi River (12 Videos) « Video Pundits

Now, tell me again how it's the Democrats "fault".

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you.....But, both Democrats AND Republicans were in positions to stop the trainwrecks and did nothing.
In his world, the goons with the (D)s by their names are innocent bystanders.

While we're at it, Shrubbie had ZERO to do with the I-35 bridge collapse.

Rdean will regurgitate whatever BS his political masters spoon feed him.

The National Transportation Safety Board ruled that the 35W bridge collapsed because of under-designed gusset plates. But it also pointed to contributing factors, like too much weight from construction materials on the bridge.

What would a thread on the banking system be without Republicans screaming that the crisis is the fault of Democrats because minorities are a bad credit risk and ignoring the fact that the crisis is primarily caused the ability of banks to sell mortgages as securities while attaching false values to them, which is the result of deregulation policies the GOP pimped for years.

What would a thread on the banking system be without Republicans screaming that the crisis is the fault of Democrats because minorities are a bad credit risk and ignoring the fact that the crisis is primarily caused the ability of banks to sell mortgages as securities while attaching false values to them, which is the result of deregulation policies the GOP pimped for years.

Last I checked Barney Frank was head of the House committee that oversaw that. And the rest of that you made up on your own.

Last I checked Barney Frank was head of the House committee that oversaw that. And the rest of that you made up on your own.

Parties only chair committees when they are in the majority. The bill that allowed mortgages to be packaged as securities was passed while the Republicans still had the majority (though a lot of Democrats voted for it as well).

Total lie.

Mortgages to "D" credit risks were written up and undercollateralized as "A" paper.

Aside from the lax enforcement of reserve requirements (which in fact is merely lax enforcement and not deregulation), your leftist crackpot talking point dog don't hunt.

Total lie.

Mortgages to "D" credit risks were written up and undercollateralized as "A" paper.

Aside from the lax enforcement of reserve requirements (which in fact is merely lax enforcement and not deregulation), your leftist crackpot talking point dog don't hunt.

You're pretty funny. You call me a liar, and repeat what you had just called a lie.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you.....But, both Democrats AND Republicans were in positions to stop the trainwrecks and did nothing.
In his world, the goons with the (D)s by their names are innocent bystanders.

While we're at it, Shrubbie had ZERO to do with the I-35 bridge collapse.

Rdean will regurgitate whatever BS his political masters spoon feed him.

The National Transportation Safety Board ruled that the 35W bridge collapsed because of under-designed gusset plates. But it also pointed to contributing factors, like too much weight from construction materials on the bridge.

No....it was Boooooooosssshhhh who cut funding to pay for the war.

Just like it was Boooooooosssshhhh's fault that the National Guard couldn't get to New Orleans in time to save fat drowning black folks after Katrina because he cut funding to pay for the war.

And Booooooossssshhhh cut funding for the levies to pay for the war.

It was all Booooooosssshhh's fault.

Total lie.

You're pretty funny. You call me a liar, and repeat what you had just called a lie.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Polk again.

Total lie.

I'm saying that you're regurgitating a party man hack lie.

Failure to enforce existing regulations is not romoving those regulations and you have absolutely zero proof that republicans are behind such practices, in the face of overwhelming evidence that banks were passive-aggressively compeled to make those risky loans. Likewise, deregulation had zero to do with the credit default swap practices in and of themselves.

But then again, you and the facts are very seldom in the same zip code.

Total lie.

Failure to enforcee existing regulations is not romoving those regulations and you have absolutely zero proof that republicans are behind such practices, in the face of overwhelming evidence that banks were passive-aggressively compeled to make those risky loans. Likewise, deregulation had zero to do with the credit default swap practices in and of themselves.

It was both an enforcement failure (by allowing banks to misrepresent the value of the securities) and an issue of deregulation (since banks were not allowed to issue these sorts of securities before the passage of Gramm-Leach-Bliley). Banks were in no way, shape, or form compelled to make risky loans. The idea that they were goes back to a belief you and your fellow conservatives hold that minorities are, by definition, a bad credit risk.

Bullshit.

The CRA fingerprints are all over this mess and you know it.

Thanks for confirming my statement. The only way you can reasonable claim that the CRA caused the crisis is if you believe that minorities are a bad credit risk.

Total lie.

Failure to enforce existing regulations is not romoving those regulations and you have absolutely zero proof that republicans are behind such practices, in the face of overwhelming evidence that banks were passive-aggressively compeled to make those risky loans. Likewise, deregulation had zero to do with the credit default swap practices in and of themselves.

The Dems are looking for another crisis....so they can pass another Stimulus Bill to pay for some of the shit they promised the first one would pay for. But all of that money went out the back door.

So the Dems have passed a banking bill.....which will pretty much cause another financial crisis.....because it will be next to impossible to get loans.....unless you go to ACORN for one.

Bullshit.

The CRA fingerprints are all over this mess and you know it.

Thanks for confirming my statement. The only way you can reasonable claim that the CRA caused the crisis is if you believe that minorities are a bad credit risk.

New flash Polk: Low-income people ARE a bad credit risk on a $200,000 house EVERY time. It is called debt to income and banks use it everyday to determine loans in the real world. Creating an artifical environment didn't make it workable. Note the results we all saw a year ago October.

Fact is that I received one of those high risk loans to buy this house. The difference is I bought what I could afford and I haven't missed a payment in 9 years that we have had the house.

The mortgage has been sold twice, it was sold then repurchased by the original lender. Go figure. At any rate the house is now worth 20K more than when I bought it because of improvements to the property. I even refinanced once to get 5%

I didn't realize or I should say I didn't know about the loan actually being a sub prime loan, I just figured the banks must know what they are doing. I've learned a lot since then.

Oh and we live in a beautiful little village with a superb school system.

Forum List

Back