Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/dec/12/tony-blair-iraq-chilcot-inquiry

Now we need Bush and Cheney to come forth and admit it.

WMD were not vital for war says ex-PM ahead of appearance at Chilcot inquiry.

Tony Blair has said he would have invaded Iraq even without evidence of weapons of mass destruction and would have found a way to justify the war to parliament and the public.

The former prime minister made the confession during an interview with Fern Britton, to be broadcast on Sunday on BBC1, in which he said he would still have thought it right to remove Saddam Hussein from power.

"If you had known then that there were no WMDs, would you still have gone on?" Blair was asked. He replied: "I would still have thought it right to remove him [Saddam Hussein]".

ignificantly, Blair added: "I mean obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments about the nature of the threat." He continued: "I can't really think we'd be better with him and his two sons in charge, but it's incredibly difficult. That's why I sympathise with the people who were against it [the war] for perfectly good reasons and are against it now, but for me, in the end I had to take the decision."

He explained it was "the notion of him as a threat to the region" because Saddam Hussein had used chemical weapons against his own people.

And so it begins. Discuss.

Bush/Cheney started planning as soon as they took office. First question after 9-11 was "how can we blame this on Iraq?"

Bush/Cheney started planning as soon as they took office. First question after 9-11 was "how can we blame this on Iraq?"

I disagree. From what I've read through history, England has brought us into their wars. I bet Blair wanted to invade Iraq because they had a lot more to gain by saddam being dead. We always protect our mother country, England.

We are side by side with them which makes both countries more powerful.

Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway | UK news | The Guardian

Now we need Bush and Cheney to come forth and admit it.

WMD were not vital for war says ex-PM ahead of appearance at Chilcot inquiry.

Tony Blair has said he would have invaded Iraq even without evidence of weapons of mass destruction and would have found a way to justify the war to parliament and the public.

The former prime minister made the confession during an interview with Fern Britton, to be broadcast on Sunday on BBC1, in which he said he would still have thought it right to remove Saddam Hussein from power.

"If you had known then that there were no WMDs, would you still have gone on?" Blair was asked. He replied: "I would still have thought it right to remove him [Saddam Hussein]".

ignificantly, Blair added: "I mean obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments about the nature of the threat." He continued: "I can't really think we'd be better with him and his two sons in charge, but it's incredibly difficult. That's why I sympathise with the people who were against it [the war] for perfectly good reasons and are against it now, but for me, in the end I had to take the decision."

He explained it was "the notion of him as a threat to the region" because Saddam Hussein had used chemical weapons against his own people.

And so it begins. Discuss.

Uhhhhhh...I don't see any direct quote from Blair stating "I would have invaded Iraq anyway." All I see is sensationalist reporting and a couple quotes from someone close to Blair that still don't say "I would have invaded Iraq anyway."

and..

more babbling lies from rightwinger.....go figure.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHH!!!!!!! FOX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!!!!! My God,can the Hopey Changeys get any more boring? Yikes!

Uhhhhhh...I don't see any direct quote from Blair stating "I would have invaded Iraq anyway." All I see is sensationalist reporting and a couple quotes from someone close to Blair that still don't say "I would have invaded Iraq anyway."

He said he would of found a way to justify the war to Parliament and the People. He would of not stopped his attempt to invade Iraq. Bush leading the way was perfect for Blair.

Grow up and stop starting threads with the word 'discuss'. We are in school.... oh, wait, you are... Hmmmm. Ok. The rest of us are grown ups and don't need to be instructed to 'discuss'. Idiot.

We should have a discussion about that. Discuss.

(Note: You really need to look up the Streisand effect)

By the way, you just said "we are in school". Nice of you to share that with us. :)

Look,it's all BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHH and FOX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ. We get it. So what is there to discuss? Lets just call it BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHH and FOX NOOOOOOOOOOOZ and then lets call it a day. Time for you Hopey Changeys to get some new material. Now you just sound loony and boring. So get back to us when you get some new material ok? Thanks.

He said he would of found a way to justify the war to Parliament and the People. He would of not stopped his attempt to invade Iraq. Bush leading the way was perfect for Blair.

Oh reeeeeally...I suppose your inside man who is best friends with Blair when he was the PM of the UK is telling you minute by minute what was transpiring at 10 Downing St. from 2002 till he left office.....must be nice to be privy to all that inside stuff....

So you are saying Bush said...its not going to be hard to pull this off, my fans are idiots and republicans have no singular thoughts, so lets go with WMD's. Cheney laughed at first and said no way, they arent that dumb. They wont believe that.

Bush stuck with it and said yes, and we will have Fox to back us up. They have people I call "Hannity stupid" there.

They both smiled and did it. Guess what, hannity still to this day says, Bush was a great president.

Dont even get me started on Rush.

Oh reeeeeally...I suppose your inside man who is best friends with Blair when he was the PM of the UK is telling you minute by minute what was transpiring at 10 Downing St. from 2002 till he left office.....must be nice to be privy to all that inside stuff....

Significantly, Blair added: "I mean obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments about the nature of the threat." He continued: "I can't really think we'd be better with him and his two sons in charge, but it's incredibly difficult. That's why I sympathise with the people who were against it [the war] for perfectly good reasons and are against it now, but for me, in the end I had to take the decision."

Though Blair has always argued that Iraq would be better off without Saddam Hussein, to parliament and the public, he always justified military action on the grounds that the Iraqi dictator was in breach of UN-backed demands that he abandon his weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programme.

Blair was "absolutely prepared to say he was willing to contemplate regime change if [UN-backed measures] did not work", Sir David Manning, Blair's former foreign policy adviser, told the inquiry. If it proved impossible to pursue the UN route, then Blair would be "willing to use force", Manning emphasised.

I don't have inside information. However, Blair's Former Policy Adviser and Blair's own words will do quite nicely. :)

Look,it's all BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHH and FOX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ. We get it. So what is there to discuss? Lets just call it BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHH and FOX NOOOOOOOOOOOZ and then lets call it a day. Time for you Hopey Changeys to get some new material. Now you just sound loony and boring. So get back to us when you get some new material ok? Thanks.

The irony of YOU saying this is just....wow.

Significantly, Blair added: "I mean obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments about the nature of the threat." He continued: "I can't really think we'd be better with him and his two sons in charge, but it's incredibly difficult. That's why I sympathise with the people who were against it [the war] for perfectly good reasons and are against it now, but for me, in the end I had to take the decision."

Though Blair has always argued that Iraq would be better off without Saddam Hussein, to parliament and the public, he always justified military action on the grounds that the Iraqi dictator was in breach of UN-backed demands that he abandon his weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programme.

Blair was "absolutely prepared to say he was willing to contemplate regime change if [UN-backed measures] did not work", Sir David Manning, Blair's former foreign policy adviser, told the inquiry. If it proved impossible to pursue the UN route, then Blair would be "willing to use force", Manning emphasised.

I don't have inside information. However, Blair's Former Policy Adviser and Blair's own words will do quite nicely. :)

Yes they do...they say absolutely nothing about "I would have invaded Iraq anyway." Thank you.:lol:

Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway

Which is why that fool isn't Prime Minister of England and found it wise to move here. Seems England is even more unappreciative of their leaders lying than our country.

What did we gain? The majority of the Christian population wiped out or chased out from Iraq? A theocratic hard right Islamic government by constitution, a government of people who hate us? Women reduced to property? Is this success? For the Republicans it is. We have turned Iraq into Iran and the Republicans hate Iran. Odd that.

Forum List

Back