UCF Are The 2017-18 NCAA Football Champions

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
13-0. Beat every challenger. Others too scared to even try to take them on!

UCF = The champions.

Apparently, Alabama and Georgia will be playing for second place. They've already lost. Not everyone can be undefeated like the champions. Looks like neither will even be the champs of the Southeastern United States, though.

AFP-Getty_Chick-fil-APeachBowl-AuburnvCentralFlorida-1.jpg

UCF pounded Auburn and should have won by a much bigger score. Their Defense came up big and Auburn never found its rhythm

They showed what an insult being rated #12 with a perfect record was

Auburn had beaten both Alabama and Georgia who are playing for the Championship

It would have been great to see how UCF would have done in a playoff

if I am being honest, I wouldn't mid seeing the AP voters get together and rank them 1st, because I love chaos

I called it weeks ago - this is basically the perfect storm for proponents of a 6 or 8 team playoff

we will hear about this for a long time

They played a helluva game.

It'll be weird to see the only undefeated team not in the top three or four.

When the final rankings come out, I bet they still don't crack the top 5

I don't know about that

1. UGA/Bama winner
2. UGA/Bama loser
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. UCF/Ohio State
6. UCF/Ohio State

if I HAD to bet money, I would wager on the Knights in the top 5

if their game with GA Tech had not been cancelled, they would almost certainly be in if they had won it

but I think they would have likely lost; the GA Tech team from the start of the season was a lot better than the team that ended the season

we'll never know...

I don't know about that

1. UGA/Bama winner
2. UGA/Bama loser
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. UCF/Ohio State
6. UCF/Ohio State

if I HAD to bet money, I would wager on the Knights in the top 5

if their game with GA Tech had not been cancelled, they would almost certainly be in if they had won it

but I think they would have likely lost; the GA Tech team from the start of the season was a lot better than the team that ended the season

we'll never know...
I bet they do not jump any of the four playoff teams and Ohio State gets into the top 4
They also have to jump Wisconsin and Penn State and will face the same prejudices

Who did they play all year to get that undefeated record?

Uh, Memphis was ranked #20 when they barely beat them in overtime.

Other than that? Nobody!

If you want to play with the big dogs, you better schedule some non-conference games against some SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, or PAC 10 teams.

They re a decent team, but UCF should not have won yesterday. They got all the right calls and some lucky bounces. If one or two plays had gone differently, they could have lost by 3 touchdowns.

Who did they play all year to get that undefeated record?

Uh, Memphis was ranked #20 when they barely beat them in overtime.

Other than that? Nobody!

If you want to play with the big dogs, you better schedule some non-conference games against some SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, or PAC 10 teams.

They re a decent team, but UCF should not have won yesterday. They got all the right calls and some lucky bounces. If one or two plays had gone differently, they could have lost by 3 touchdowns.

They crushed Auburn
They should have won by 13 points

Let's see how UCF does next year since they will be building an entirely new team from scratch since the coach and the entire staff are leaving for Nebraska. I'll bet they don't have a winning season in the next 4 years.

Doesn't negate what they accomplished this year

Let's see how UCF does next year since they will be building an entirely new team from scratch since the coach and the entire staff are leaving for Nebraska. I'll bet they don't have a winning season in the next 4 years.

Agreed, and consider they beat Auburn with a part time coach and mostly a part time coaching staff.

This is the final poll even though 1 will have never played 2:

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

Agreed, and consider they beat Auburn with a part time coach and mostly a part time coaching staff.

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

You have more faith in the ranking committee than I do
They will admit they were wrong about UCF and then turn around and rank them 6 or 7

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

They will admit they were wrong about UCF and then turn around and rank them 6 or 7

Likely, but hoping there are enough real football people to see this is needed to be done.

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

Likely, but hoping there are enough real football people to see this is needed to be done.

The last thing the committee wants to see is a small school like UCF finishing in the top 4
That would pressure them the next time a small school goes undefeated and wants to be in the playoffs

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

Auburn should not have lost that game. Despite all of their troubles, they could have tied the game in the last few seconds and we then won in overtime, and then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. If the QB could have gotten more on the ball and thrown it out of bounds, he still had time for more shots into the end zone.

UCF is a good team, but they are not on par with Clemson OK, Bama, or UGA.

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

Auburn should not have lost that game. Despite all of their troubles, they could have tied the game in the last few seconds and we then won in overtime, and then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. If the QB could have gotten more on the ball and thrown it out of bounds, he still had time for more shots into the end zone.

UCF had their number from the start
Auburn dogged it and deserved to lose

UCF was up two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and Auburn picked up a TD in garbage time
UCF also missed two easy FGs late in the game that would have iced it
Auburn did not belong on the same field

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

Just on par with the team that beat the two in the National Championship?

Look at where UCF's defense was rated, even playing "nobodies".

There is no doubt that they belonged in the playoffs.

Alabama/Georgia winner
UCF
Alabama/ Georgia loser
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State

Just on par with the team that beat the two in the National Championship?

Look at where UCF's defense was rated, even playing "nobodies".

There is no doubt that they belonged in the playoffs.

They played nobodies, and that is why they were not ranked. Their entire season was made up of playing patsies that Auburn schedules for filler, like Mercer and ULM.

Forum List

Back