U.S. Senator to President al-Assad:

Tehon

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2015
War on Syria was an unlawful war of aggression

Damascus, SANA – President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday received a letter from U.S. Senator for the State of Virginia Richard Black a letter in which he said “I was pleased by the Russians’ intervention against the armies invading Syria. With their support, the Syrian Army has made dramatic strides against the terrorists.”

“I bled, fighting to defend this nation’s honor. I will oppose American support for terrorists, like the Army of Conquest and ISIS that threaten Syria. Many Virginians join in praying that the Syrian Arab Army and its allies will triumph over the forces of evil, and that peace will soon return to Syria,” he said, concluding the letter by adding “Thank you for protecting the lives of Christians and of all good people of Syria.”
U.S. Senator to President al-Assad: War on Syria was an unlawful war of aggression | Syrian Arab News Agency

Is this Virginia State Senator a patriotic American, a conspiracy theorist, or something else?

Here is an interview he did with RT that expands on his point of view.

Damascus, SANA – President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday received a letter from U.S. Senator for the State of Virginia Richard Black a letter in which he said “I was pleased by the Russians’ intervention against the armies invading Syria. With their support, the Syrian Army has made dramatic strides against the terrorists.”

“I bled, fighting to defend this nation’s honor. I will oppose American support for terrorists, like the Army of Conquest and ISIS that threaten Syria. Many Virginians join in praying that the Syrian Arab Army and its allies will triumph over the forces of evil, and that peace will soon return to Syria,” he said, concluding the letter by adding “Thank you for protecting the lives of Christians and of all good people of Syria.”
U.S. Senator to President al-Assad: War on Syria was an unlawful war of aggression | Syrian Arab News Agency

Is this Virginia State Senator a patriotic American, a conspiracy theorist, or something else?

He is a patriotic American that says how the majority of America feels but he has the position being a politician to get attention when he says something.

He would really show his patriotism by insisting the USA stop fighting the UN's wars and withdraw our membership from the UN.

I think he is being honest, which very few seem to be now days.

I think he is being honest, which very few seem to be now days.
That's fair. I agree. He is being honest but the obvious solution, Penelope, is to withdraw from the UN. It's one of the most corrupt organizations on the face of the earth. I'd like to hear our Senators and Representatives get on board with that idea and make it a reality.

Sounds to me like that man should be removed from office. Pleased with Russia? Russia was not there to defeat terrorists, they went to support their puppet against the moderate uprising. Assad is an animal. Propping him up to defeat ISIS is unnecessary. And insulting America in his letter seals the deal. Dude sounds like a fruit loop

We already have a president & secretary of state and neither of them are named Richard Black.

I can't stand Obama's policies anymore than the next guy but boundaries must exist & this man crossed it. When we converse with world leaders we speak with ONE VOICE. That is how it's always been & how it should be. Partisanship should stop at the oceans edge.

Sounds to me like that man should be removed from office. Pleased with Russia? Russia was not there to defeat terrorists, they went to support their puppet against the moderate uprising. Assad is an animal. Propping him up to defeat ISIS is unnecessary. And insulting America in his letter seals the deal. Dude sounds like a fruit loop

Yes its been drilled in our heads how Assad is an animal, just like every other dictator we overthrew. Also its none of our business. Lets overthrow the SA King.
Let me see Russia is an ally of Syria and Assad; and they should get out? Russia was fighting our guys that we were backing, along with everyone else who wanted the Qatar gas pipeline to run through Syria to Turkey, and Israel who wanted Assad gone.

I've listened to half of what he is saying so far and he's SPOT ON......................

I would not have sent a letter to Assad, but our policy has been to Overthrow Assad............

Our policy in Libya was a disaster and a front to smuggle weapons into Syria........

Our STATED POLICY is the removal of Assad.

Our weapons kept ending up in ISIS hands.

The FSA has been in bed with Al Nusra........

I've read many articles about the FSA killing Christians.........and Christian groups saying they weren't killed because of Syrian Forces.
He mentioned Turkey killing the Kurds.......our allies............and I've said the same on other threads........where the Turks did raids primarily to kill our allies, the Kurds who have been fighting ISIS.............

Our policy there is WRONG..............Our air attacks are minimal in hopes of ISIS taking down Assad........

Russia is there because they said........ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT..........and they are right.........

ISIS needs to die.........the only legitimate force to hold the country is Assad and the Syrian Troops and this puts a buffer zone into the area for the Shiites...

And on and on................We have a VILLAGE IDIOT running our country..............and he has helped make this mess explode.........

Putin and Lavrov keep saying: It's impossible to defeat ISIS without Assad and Syrian Army.

Western expectations of Syrian President Bashar Assad’s imminent fall were misplaced, says Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. Assad has public support, meaning no peaceful resolution of the conflict is possible without his participation, he added.

“All the forecasts made by our colleagues in the West and some other parties that the people would rise up and oust him never came true. This means one thing: Assad represents the interests of a significant part of Syrian society. So no peaceful solution can be found without his participation,”the top Russian diplomat said on Thursday in an interview with Radio Russia.

No peace can come to Syria without Assad – Lavrov

We have a VILLAGE IDIOT running our country..............and he has helped make this mess explode.........

Even French President has chosen Putin, not Obama (!) as a partner for fighting ISIS.
Bravo to Fox News Strategic Analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters who said (discussing France's cooperation with Russia and Vladimir Putin over the conflict in Syria):

“If you’re in a knife fight, whom do you want to be in your team: a fighter or faculty lounge philosopher like president Obama?”

Also "You can fight terrorism with one hand and with the other practically play along with them,” Russia’s Ambassador to the UN Churkin said a couple of days ago.
UN calls on world to fight ISIS as Security Council unanimously adopts French-drafted resolution

We have a VILLAGE IDIOT running our country..............and he has helped make this mess explode.........

Even French President has chosen Putin, not Obama (!) as a partner for fighting ISIS.
Bravo to Fox News Strategic Analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters who said (discussing France's cooperation with Russia and Vladimir Putin over the conflict in Syria):

“If you’re in a knife fight, whom do you want to be in your team: a fighter or faculty lounge philosopher like president Obama?”

Also "You can fight terrorism with one hand and with the other practically play along with them,” Russia’s Ambassador to the UN Churkin said a couple of days ago.
UN calls on world to fight ISIS as Security Council unanimously adopts French-drafted resolution

The gigs up..............Russia is gonna hit the targets we have been avoiding...................and ISIS is gonna start going down.........

Our policy and objective are BS.

Excellent video..........France just joined Russia in the fight..............as they know that Obama is a joke...........as is our policy.

We already have a president & secretary of state and neither of them are named Richard Black.

I can't stand Obama's policies anymore than the next guy but boundaries must exist & this man crossed it. When we converse with world leaders we speak with ONE VOICE. That is how it's always been & how it should be. Partisanship should stop at the oceans edge.
You mean like when the republicans sent a letter to Iran in an effort to interfere with the nuke agreement?

You mean like when the republicans sent a letter to Iran in an effort to interfere with the nuke agreement?
A nuke agreement that Congress and the Senate would never ratify..........as the deal wasn't passed as a Treaty and is therefore not valid if the next President wants to shred it.

You mean that treaty that gave everything to the Iranians and nothing to us.............

More failure of foreign policy failure by Obama.

A moderate uprising never existed and by repeating the media lies it is you who insults the intelligence of Americans.

Last edited:

Yes, just like that. We don't need to be setting new standards that show our government in disarray when talking to other nations. That is why we elect presidents who then create cabinets to represent our nation.
If Republicans want to open this can of worms it will be their fault when liberals reciprocate under a republican president.

A nuke agreement that Congress and the Senate would never ratify..........as the deal wasn't passed as a Treaty and is therefore not valid if the next President wants to shred it.

You mean that treaty that gave everything to the Iranians and nothing to us.............

More failure of foreign policy failure by Obama.
There was a point to my post, I think you missed it.

Forum List

Back