U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

:cuckoo::cuckoo:by War News Updates Editor @ War News Updates: U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

www.reuters.com1.jpg
Photo: U.S. Senator John Kerry

Obama Considering John Kerry For Job Of Defense Secretary -- Washington Post

President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus.

Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Read more .... Obama considers John Kerry for job of defense secretary - The Washington Post

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Exactly what Qualifies him for the Position? Other than his loyalty to the left?

No, not EVERY man who served with him backed him.

I'm sure Kerry has the ones that back him did paid off by now for lying for him.

the men who served with in the swiftboats do. I know. I met them.

After Brinkley wrote his book, [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tour-Duty-John-Kerry-Vietnam/dp/0060565233]Tour of Duty: John Kerry and the Vietnam War: Douglas Brinkley: 9780060565237: Amazon.com: Books[/ame] A few asshole Officers who looked bad in the book got together.

You ignore Jim Rassman. You are calling men who actually served in combat with Kerry liars

shame on you and your kind

And i know all the guys that spoke up against him, I met them.

See how that goes?

Kerry should NOT be in charge of our military! He should be no place near the White house!

And....thanks for the neg :)
I'd let you hold my pecker if it were possible. now, the people I met and talked to...records prove they served with Kerry.

you? men you most likely met in a Vets Post Bathroom

Hey I'm not a John Kerry or Obama fan at all but why is this a dumb move for obama?

I just think its a good move for him, get the clintons out of his admin and bring in a guy who is well respected amongst the democrat party.

Hillary had an 80% approval rating & the foreigners loved Bill Clinton.

....But, they've gotta start packing for The Whitehouse.

:cool:

WOW I agree with shaman....maybe the world is going to end next month :lol:

No they don't say that.....like i told you in my little "message" i left, i tend to believe my husband who was a Marine in VN and my son who is in SF.....not some asshole on a messageboard.

Senator Kerry can have the job if he truly wants to answer the call of duty .. If the President of the United States of America asks him...there will be a bogus fight, but...

No GOP led Senate will deny another Senator the consent

The GOP would be smart to support this move, it would open up a senate seat in MA for a special election, last time we had one of those a Republican won the seat Ted Kennedy had........ (and that answers something I alluded to in the above post)

It was a shame that Obama could not have been born sooner as he might could have held Kerry's hand when he was winning all those battles and medals. (killing all the VC barbers)

James Rassmann (born ~1948) is a former Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department lieutenant who served with the U.S. Army's 5th Special Forces Group in the Vietnam War in 1968 and 1969.[1] Now a resident of the U.S. state of Oregon, he has credited U.S. Senator John Kerry with having rescued him from the Bay Hap River on March 13, 1969.[1]

Rassman recommended Kerry for a Silver Star medal, but the two did not maintain a relationship for the following 30 years. Rassman gained national prominence during the 2004 Presidential election when he publicly denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's campaign against Kerry.

Rassman is now a retired Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputy sheriff and an "avid" orchid grower.[1]

If Rassman believes everything that Kerry said about the American military then he has been smoking those orchid's.

Nobody has said that Kerry was not in Vietnam even though it was a short period of time. His heroics are what is in question.

I never met Kerry or Rassman in Vietnam but some vets did even though he was there for such a short period of time and they have every right to speak to his so called valor.

No man has the right to question another man's valor or honor if that man served in combat

wingnut website with myths and leis all debunked. :lol:

wingnut website? :lmao:
It's a military website;
Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine (Enlisted and Officer), now have a place to come to "Sound Off."

Does not tow a favorable line for the democrat party = Wingnut website.

EDIT: Full disclosure I'm just being a wise-ass, I didn't even check what website is linked

Last edited:
Senator Kerry can have the job if he truly wants to answer the call of duty .. If the President of the United States of America asks him...there will be a bogus fight, but...

The GOP would be smart to support this move, it would open up a senate seat in MA for a special election, last time we had one of those a Republican won the seat Ted Kennedy had........ (and that answers something I alluded to in the above post)

hope

hope

...for change :lol:

Kerry's Appointment to Secretary Of Defense would be a slap in the face to Vietnam Veterans.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:by War News Updates Editor @ War News Updates: U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

www.reuters.com1.jpg
Photo: U.S. Senator John Kerry

Obama Considering John Kerry For Job Of Defense Secretary -- Washington Post

President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus.

Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Read more .... Obama considers John Kerry for job of defense secretary - The Washington Post

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

We can't let a war veteran who was smeared by SwiftBoat Vets for Lies be SecDef!

Do we need a Sec of Defense who made these statements to a Congressional Committee while Americans were still fighting and dying in Vietnam?

It is impossible to describe to you exactly what did happen in Detroit, the emotions in the room, the feelings of the men who were reliving their experiences in Vietnam, but they did. They relived the absolute horror of what this country, in a sense, made them do.

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, tape wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

That is called aiding and abetting the enemy.

Forum List

Back