U.S. releases illegal immigrants who are sex offenders

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
So part of our present course of action with illegal immigration is to release prisoners onto our own soil (and not track many of them) because Mexico refuses to take them back? 2,837 are convicted sex offenders. Isn’t this just so responsible of our congress and president and courts?

Notice from the excerpts of the article I posted that there is retribution towards a nation that refuses to take back its own citizens who are illegally in our country? Notice we do not even attempt to use such a measure? I guess being a coward is the only sensible solution in the world of politics, especially if the senator or president or federal official does not want to dirty his own hands or risk his own status?

U.S. releases illegal immigrants who are sex offenders - Washington Times

The news last week that federal authorities had to release 2,837 convicted sex offenders back onto the streets has renewed focus on a Supreme Court case that requires the government to release immigrants whose home countries won't take them back.

A report released last week by the Government Accountability Office said the nearly 3,000 sex offenders are part of the 59,347 immigrants who the courts have ruled cannot be held, whom the U.S. has been unable to send home, and who instead were released under some sort of supervision as of September 2012.

…Under existing law, once another country refuses to accept its people for repatriation, the government is supposed to begin refusing to issue travel visas for citizens of that country to visit the U.S.

"When you start denying student visas — any narrow category that you want, that hits people in the ruling elite in that other country — they start paying attention," Ms. Vaughan said. "That is the best leverage we have with people in other countries, is visas, because they all want to come here, go to school here, go to Vegas, Disney World, whatever."

But Ms. Vaughan said the Department of Homeland Security hasn't been proactive in pushing the visa retaliation.

A Homeland Security spokesman didn't return a request seeking comment.

somewhere in here is some irony about illegals getting the aca and revealing their sexual habits but maybe someone smarter than me can connec the dots

Forum List

Back