U.S. official resigns over Afghan war

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Very interesting article. This guy is resigning for a variety of reasons, but primarily because he thinks we're not doing what we should be doing (bringing pressure to bear on corrupt gov't), establishing ourselves in areas where we aren't needed or wanted, and making what is essentially a civil war worse.

Biden is already getting his hooks into him, I imagine we'll be hearing a lot from this guy (his name is Hoh. Hehe..."hoh", sorry, that's funny) as the partisan hacks parade him around.

THe thing is, he admits to terrible post-traumatic stress sydrome and some issues with depression, so one wonders if he's thinking entirely clearly. Not that anyone is ever thinking entirely clearly, but seems he's pretty vulnerable now and perhaps not in a position to make the best judgment calls in the world.

But what he has to say is VERY interesting. He does not seem to be a partisan hack or a looney tune, and nobody who has known him over the years will say a bad word about him. In fact, other than saying he's a good guy, they say remarkably little...which is a bit odd in and of itself.
U.S. official resigns over Afghan war - washingtonpost.com

Interesting read.

The shitty part of his ordeal,is that the partisan hacks will parade him around and use his story for their own purposes. He's going to be crucified by the Right, as he's painted as a "traitor", since we know that the far right is just as kooky as the far left.

The answers in Afghanistan aren't simply by any means. Personally I'd like the current adminstration to decide whether the goal is to eliminate terrorist training camps, recruitment, and aid....or removing the Taliban and "Spreading democracy"...because as many people don't realize, the Taliban and Al Qaeda are two different entities entirely.

• Banned
I don't think the far right will portray him as a traitor, since what he is saying is exactly what we've been saying all along....EITHER FUCKING GET IT DONE OR GET THE FUCK OUT. Piddling around is doing nothing to solve the problems of the region. Either get rid of the corrupt government, put the smackdown on the civil war by establishing a regime and stabilizing the region (and we need 140,000 more troops for that) or just get the fuck out.

Forum List

Back