U.S. missile plans to zap North Korean threats

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
U.S. missile defense plans to zap North Korean threats | The DEFCON Warning System
North Korea’s rapid march to develop a nuclear-armed ballistic missile capable of striking the United States has spurred the U.S. military and Congress to ramp up efforts to counter the threat.

upload_2017-7-25_21-20-4.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well nothing new guess we better just hope Clinton has sold them an entire Nuke LOL
Or Obama hell both of them probably have sold them enough to get one put together that might actually work.

What worried us also, this was years ago, was them selling nukes to Syria.
Now that is not as much a fear at this time due to financial limitations, but other unstable countries or groups they would be a threat to arm.

Missile Test Could Be Held Next Weekend...
thumbsup.gif

Coast Guard: Missile Test Could Be Held Next Weekend
23 Jul 2017 -- The U.S. will conduct as soon as next weekend another test of a missile defense system meant to counter threats from North Korea.
The launch from Alaska's Kodiak Island is scheduled to occur at the Pacific Spaceport Complex-Alaska, according to a U.S. Coast Guard notice. Mariners are advised to remain clear of swaths of ocean between Kodiak Island and Hawaii through the weekend. U.S. Army soldiers are stationed temporarily at the launch complex for U.S. Missile Defense Agency testing of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, the Kodiak Daily Mirror reported.

thaadlaunch072317-ts600.jpg

A Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) interceptor being fired during an exercise​

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency successfully completed a Flight Test THAAD-18 operation from Kodiak earlier this month. That test "validated THAAD's ability to intercept intermediate range ballistic missiles," said Chris Johnson, U.S. Missile Defense Agency director of public affairs. The FTT-18 test earlier this month included the launch of "two interceptors from two co-located launchers," Johnson wrote in an email to the Kodiak Daily Mirror. "The first missile engaged the target. The second interceptor was launched to test operational procedures."

A second test from the site, called the FTT-15, will test the system's ability to intercept a medium-range ballistic missile within the earth's atmosphere, said Leah Garton of U.S. Missile Defense Agency public affairs. THAAD, which currently has a 100 percent success rate in 14 tests, uses a direct hit to intercept a target in its final phase of flight. THAAD systems have been placed in Guam and South Korea to counter missile threats from North Korea.

Coast Guard: Missile Test Could Be Held Next Weekend | Military.com

I told ya'll Alaska's got your back. We are always ready to defend this nation, and our sister Canada, and have been since the 80s.

I'll agree there to a point, I don't think a "sane" individual, even a seemingly childish one such as Kimmy, is truly prepared to launch a nuclear war - the problem is determining just how "sane" Kimmy is... I am of the mind that Kimmy just wants attention, wants to be "recognized" as a "world power" - and thus we just humor him and roll our eyes behind his back, of course, if I'm wrong, and he's a fruit loop, we'll have to clean up a nuclear explosion (not that it'd end the world or anything, but it'd make a mess no doubt. And no, I don't think China would stand by NK if dipstick fired a nuke so NK isn't going to start any world wars, nor cause a global ecological disaster.)

Missile Test Could Be Held Next Weekend...
thumbsup.gif

Coast Guard: Missile Test Could Be Held Next Weekend
23 Jul 2017 -- The U.S. will conduct as soon as next weekend another test of a missile defense system meant to counter threats from North Korea.
The launch from Alaska's Kodiak Island is scheduled to occur at the Pacific Spaceport Complex-Alaska, according to a U.S. Coast Guard notice. Mariners are advised to remain clear of swaths of ocean between Kodiak Island and Hawaii through the weekend. U.S. Army soldiers are stationed temporarily at the launch complex for U.S. Missile Defense Agency testing of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, the Kodiak Daily Mirror reported.

thaadlaunch072317-ts600.jpg

A Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) interceptor being fired during an exercise​

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency successfully completed a Flight Test THAAD-18 operation from Kodiak earlier this month. That test "validated THAAD's ability to intercept intermediate range ballistic missiles," said Chris Johnson, U.S. Missile Defense Agency director of public affairs. The FTT-18 test earlier this month included the launch of "two interceptors from two co-located launchers," Johnson wrote in an email to the Kodiak Daily Mirror. "The first missile engaged the target. The second interceptor was launched to test operational procedures."

A second test from the site, called the FTT-15, will test the system's ability to intercept a medium-range ballistic missile within the earth's atmosphere, said Leah Garton of U.S. Missile Defense Agency public affairs. THAAD, which currently has a 100 percent success rate in 14 tests, uses a direct hit to intercept a target in its final phase of flight. THAAD systems have been placed in Guam and South Korea to counter missile threats from North Korea.

Coast Guard: Missile Test Could Be Held Next Weekend | Military.com
I'm sure glad that everybody, including the enemy, knows exactly what our military is doing.

mudwhistle I don't think anyone knows what we're up to, but it is prudent to show Kimmy that if he throws toys at us we are able to shoot them down. There's been a rumor for nearly a decade that we couldn't hit them. (One I cannot say I ascribed to because of my family connections. My father was the Commander of Alaska's missile defense for... a few years... under five I think, before he became Assistant, then Commander, at Fort Rich. He's always told me not to worry about incoming because "Nothing is landing on our soil without permission," or similar since I was a little kid; maybe idk since I was ten or so. I was a child of the cold war up here, used to have "bad" dreams about getting nuked because we're the heart of the Pacific Defense and our schools were practically hysterical over it; constant "nuke drills" and a huge emphasis on "surviving a nuclear blast." Like, I legit know how to build a bomb shelter. lol Anyway, no way Father lied to me, he's far to uhm, lets go with "blunt and pointed" to lie to anyone heh

Forum List

Back