U.S. Marines Urinating On Taliban Video Brings Criminal Charges

They need to drop these ridiculous charges.

r-MARINES-URINATING-TALIBAN-VIDEO-large570.jpg

I don't see in your link exactly what criminal charges they are facing. Please explain.

It said in the headline they face criminal charges.
Yes, I saw that but the story itself doesn't explain it. Nor did the other link I posted.

HG, read these alleged actions and tell me you don't think they should be punished.
Staff Sgt. Joseph Chamblin and Staff Sgt. Edward Deptola were charged last week with violating several sections of the code for their actions in Afghanistan's Helmand province July 27, 2011, including not reporting that grenade launcher discharged accidentally, Stars and Stripes reported Monday.

Other charges filed Friday against Chamblin and Deptola, both with the Camp Lejeune, N.C.-based 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, include dereliction of duty for failing to properly supervise junior Marines, failing to stop indiscriminate firing of weapons, and failing to stop and report the misconduct of junior Marines, Marine spokesman Col. Sean Gibson said.

Marines charged for urinating on corpses - Businessweek

I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished but theres no need to make a spectacle out of it to appease people that hate us. Like Warrior said I would give these guys a suspended bust, extra duty, dock some pay, thats about it. Most of these men have served on multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and are under stress and hard ships we can only imagine, I can't get mad at these guys for pissing on the bodies of some worthless Talibs.

HG, read these alleged actions and tell me you don't think they should be punished.
Staff Sgt. Joseph Chamblin and Staff Sgt. Edward Deptola were charged last week with violating several sections of the code for their actions in Afghanistan's Helmand province July 27, 2011, including not reporting that grenade launcher discharged accidentally, Stars and Stripes reported Monday.

Other charges filed Friday against Chamblin and Deptola, both with the Camp Lejeune, N.C.-based 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, include dereliction of duty for failing to properly supervise junior Marines, failing to stop indiscriminate firing of weapons, and failing to stop and report the misconduct of junior Marines, Marine spokesman Col. Sean Gibson said.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished but theres no need to make a spectacle out of it to appease people that hate us. Like Warrior said I would give these guys a suspended bust, extra duty, dock some pay, thats about it. Most of these men have served on multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and are under stress and hard ships we can only imagine, I can't get mad at these guys for pissing on the bodies of some worthless Talibs.

I think they should get dishonorable discharges. There's no reason in the world for people that represent us to act like they acted or get away with violating the code of conduct of the Marines.

At the same time, unless they really did something criminal they shouldn't be charged under criminal law, and from the articles, I don't see how they can be.

I think they should get dishonorable discharges. There's no reason in the world for people that represent us to act like they acted or get away with violating the code of conduct of the Marines.

At the same time, unless they really did something criminal they shouldn't be charged under criminal law, and from the articles, I don't see how they can be.

They won't be getting dishonorable discharges, a dishonorable discharge is quite rare in the Military, thats something for a Maj Nidal Hassan type, these guys will probably get General Discharges at best.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't think criminal charges or jail time should be handed out ,but a dishonorable discharge will be punishment enough.

Depending on who they get as a jury they may get off. This is trivial and political. The extra charges are just an attempt to get them for something. What they did is stupid, especially allowing it to be video taped. But it is not criminal even in the Marine Corps.

I agree video taping this wasn't the brightest idea however putting these men on trial and basically ruinining their lives and careers over this is insane.

The min. this video came out their military careers were over. Most likely the charges will be quietly dismissed and they will be dishonorably discharged, which is what should happen.

Why should they?? It not much of a stretch to say,that they,the US troops could have been the ones on the ground dead,you think those Taliban were not trying to put them there!!!??

We send these people over there,fulling knowing that some will have their guts blown out,legs shredded, hearts and souls crushed,and we want to get all uppity when they piss on some dead terrorist,that just got killed trying to kill them??!!

You don't deserve to lick thier boats let alone pass judgement on them.

I agree video taping this wasn't the brightest idea however putting these men on trial and basically ruinining their lives and careers over this is insane.

The min. this video came out their military careers were over. Most likely the charges will be quietly dismissed and they will be dishonorably discharged, which is what should happen.

Why should they?? It not much of a stretch to say,that they,the US troops could have been the ones on the ground dead,you think those Taliban were not trying to put them there!!!??

We send these people over there,fulling knowing that some will have their guts blown out,legs shredded, hearts and souls crushed,and we want to get all uppity when they piss on some dead terrorist,that just got killed trying to kill them??!!

:clap2::clap2:

My sentiments exactly.

I don't think criminal charges or jail time should be handed out ,but a dishonorable discharge will be punishment enough.

What is this fetish you have for dishonorable discharges?:confused:

My sentiments exactly.

What is this fetish you have for dishonorable discharges?:confused:

I don't. I just happen to think that's what they'll get.

My sentiments exactly.

So what if the video was of a solder fighting hand to hand ,showing him thrusting his knife into a Taliban's neck,you going to compaian about that??

The only thing wrong ,they should have never taped it.

How long have you served? How many people have you lost in these wars?

My sentiments exactly.

So what if the video was of a solder fighting hand to hand ,showing him thrusting his knife into a Taliban's neck,you going to compaian about that??

Fighting with the enemy, and taking joy in pissing on their dead bodies, are not the same, but I'm sure you know that.

Whats next,restyle thier uniforms,so they look more friendly??

Those people have to be mean ornery and take no prisoners,or they die

Its just that simple.

My sentiments exactly.

Bingo.

Relevance?

My sentiments exactly.

How many times must it be explained to you... without criminal charges and VERY serious ones, they simply can NOT BE DISHONORABLE DISCHARGED. They have to be convicted IN a General Court Martial. And the charges do not rise to that level. ALL they supposedly have them on is dereliction of duty. With no loss of life.

We shouldn't have sent them over there in the first place. Why you would want them to act badly because the Taliban is evil is a mystery.

Relevance?
Yeah that's what I thought.

Forum List

Back