U.S. Marines Urinating On Taliban Video Brings Criminal Charges

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
They need to drop these ridiculous charges.

r-MARINES-URINATING-TALIBAN-VIDEO-large570.jpg

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Two U.S. Marines, both of them staff sergeants, are facing criminal charges over their roles in a video showing American troops urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, the Marine Corps said on Monday.

Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, who were referred to trial by court martial, also face charges for failing to properly prevent or report misconduct of junior Marines, which included indiscriminate firing of weapons.

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Two U.S. Marines, both of them staff sergeants, are facing criminal charges over their roles in a video showing American troops urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, the Marine Corps said on Monday.

Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, who were referred to trial by court martial, also face charges for failing to properly prevent or report misconduct of junior Marines, which included indiscriminate firing of weapons.

Depending on who they get as a jury they may get off. This is trivial and political. The extra charges are just an attempt to get them for something. What they did is stupid, especially allowing it to be video taped. But it is not criminal even in the Marine Corps.

Criminal charges ??

Hell - it's just a book.

And a shitty one at that.

Dismiss these stupid fucking charges ASAP

This whole fucking thing is a joke, look at all the bullshit going on in Libya, the Middle East and Afghanistan and we are going to put these men on trial for pissing on some worthless piece of shit Talibs? these fucking charges need to be dropped IMMEDIATELY.

Depending on who they get as a jury they may get off. This is trivial and political. The extra charges are just an attempt to get them for something. What they did is stupid, especially allowing it to be video taped. But it is not criminal even in the Marine Corps.

I agree video taping this wasn't the brightest idea however putting these men on trial and basically ruinining their lives and careers over this is insane.

They're only getting NJPd.

No biggie.....

Then they should all receive Navy Commendation Medals.

I agree video taping this wasn't the brightest idea however putting these men on trial and basically ruinining their lives and careers over this is insane.

The min. this video came out their military careers were over. Most likely the charges will be quietly dismissed and they will be dishonorably discharged, which is what should happen.

The min. this video came out their military careers were over. Most likely the charges will be quietly dismissed and they will be dishonorably discharged, which is what should happen.

They won't be dishonorably discharged for pissing on that piece of shit book, shithead.

Sorry to disappoint you.

On the contrary -

They're probably being "High 5'd" in the barracks right now.

Getting a Dishonorable discharge is harder than you might think, you would have to pull some treason shit to get that. A friend of mine fucked up and sold weed when he was stationed at Los Angeles Air Base and he got a Bad Conduct discharge, and I think what he did was worse than what these Marines did. Warrior is correct, these guys are getting high fived right now.

They won't be dishonorably discharged for pissing on that piece of shit book, shithead.

Sorry to disappoint you.

On the contrary -

They will be dishonorably discharged for video taping themselves pissing on the bodies of dead Taliban. They are most likely scared shitless right now, because their CO's have tossed them under the bus to save themselves.

No, they did not do anything worth being dishonorably discharged. :mad:

Civilians with no knowledge of the Military dont understand how drastic a dishonorable discharge is and how hard it is to get one. The most these guys would get would probably be a General discharge, even though I would let them out with a Honorable one if it were up to me.

Sorry to disappoint you.

On the contrary -

They will be dishonorably discharged for video taping themselves pissing on the bodies of dead Taliban. They are most likely scared shitless right now, because their CO's have tossed them under the bus to save themselves.

They won't be dishonorably discharged.

Civilians with no knowledge of the Military dont understand how drastic a dishonorable discharge is and how hard it is to get one. The most these guys would get would probably be a General discharge, even though I would let them out with a Honorable one if it were up to me.

Here's what I'd give them (each) if I was the CO administering the Office Hours -

30 days restriction and extra duty
$100 fine (suspended for six months)
Reduction in rank to paygrade E5 (suspended for six months)

Getting a Dishonorable discharge is harder than you might think, you would have to pull some treason shit to get that. A friend of mine fucked up and sold weed when he was stationed at Los Angeles Air Base and he got a Bad Conduct discharge, and I think what he did was worse than what these Marines did. Warrior is correct, these guys are getting high fived right now.

A dishonorable discharge follows you the rest of your life. Most CO's understand this and if they can get you out without ruining your life, they will. However if for whatever reason your CO doesn't like you or is upset enough with you, you can bet you will be dishonorably discharged. The charges will be dropped, but these men embarrassed their CO's and the uniform they wear, on a global scale. They will be dishonorably discharged.

Here's what I'd give them (each) if I was the CO administering the Office Hours -

30 days restriction and extra duty
$100 fine (suspended for six months)
Reduction in rank to paygrade E5 (suspended for six months)

I would agree to all that, and I would also give them a stern talking to and make them watch videos on the ROE.

A dishonorable discharge follows you the rest of your life. Most CO's understand this and if they can get you out without ruining your life, they will. However if for whatever reason your CO doesn't like you or is upset enough with you, you can bet you will be dishonorably discharged. The charges will be dropped, but these men embarrassed their CO's and the uniform they wear, on a global scale. They will be dishonorably discharged.

No, they won't. Everyone forgot about this incident until this report came up, most people are supporting the Marines than condemning them.

Forum List

Back