U.S. General Wants More Troops, More Time, in Afghanistan

I believed that with Trump we were done with this type of shit;
Trump better hold firm on his conviction that Afghanistan is a waste of time and money for the United States.

No, we will never be done with this, it's just bidness. Wall Street, Raytheon, Eric Prince/Blackwater and all the rest run what happens in america regardless of who you vote for. Don shot off 59 missiles into Syria at $1.4M each and Ratheon stocks surged. This is just what america is; empire exploiting its own population as well as the rest of the world.

Trump better hold firm on his conviction that Afghanistan is a waste of time and money for the United States.

No, we will never be done with this, it's just bidness. Wall Street, Raytheon, Eric Prince/Blackwater and all the rest run what happens in america regardless of who you vote for. Don shot off 59 missiles into Syria at $1.4M each and Ratheon stocks surged. This is just what america is; empire exploiting its own population as well as the rest of the world.

Very disappointing but I believe you are correct.

Not only is Trump planning on sending more troops into Afghanistan, he's also going to send arms to Syrian Kurds.

Wonder how THAT's gonna work out?
And we're training and supplying ISIS and al-Nusra in Syria along with providing the Saudis with the cluster bombs, known to have a 90% collateral casualty rate in the field, which the Saudis rain down on Yemen.

Wonder where "terrorism" comes from. Its a wonderful positive feedback loop. And on the home front we gave up civil liberties to be "safer". Brilliant. Keep watching your TV for more hysteria and anxiety.

This is pure insanity.

The US needs to completely withdraw from A-stan.

Same as the Russians did.

This would force the Russians to go back in and take over there.

After A-stan the Russian can have Iran too.

Nope he's going to send troops, when will we learn, Russia couldn't beat them and neither can we. Get out and build a wall around Afghanistan and let them have at each other.

You know, there is a reason that they call that area "the graveyard of nations".

It's because the land is super rugged, and they know it like the back of their hands, and they have been in constant conflict for decades.

And, sending munitions and ammo to the Syrian Kurds (who are fighting Assad who is supported by Putin), might just start something over there that Trump won't be able to fix.

This is pure insanity.

The US needs to completely withdraw from A-stan.

Same as the Russians did.

This would force the Russians to go back in and take over there.

After A-stan the Russian can have Iran too.
We're an empire, take a look at all the places we occupy around the globe. That's where all ya money goes. That's why you have the shittiest healthcare system in the world among advanced post-industrial nations. That's why other societies are able to invest in their own societies. That's why we turn our kids into debt peons for an education.

Nope he's going to send troops, when will we learn, Russia couldn't beat them and neither can we. Get out and build a wall around Afghanistan and let them have at each other.

You know, there is a reason that they call that area "the graveyard of nations".

It's because the land is super rugged, and they know it like the back of their hands, and they have been in constant conflict for decades.

And, sending munitions and ammo to the Syrian Kurds (who are fighting Assad who is supported by Putin), might just start something over there that Trump won't be able to fix.

Do you own a fucking map? Syrian Kurds in Afghanistan?

Aawwww...........how cute.............I've got my own personal troll following me around with reading comprehension problems.

Hey stupid................I was talking about two different things. First was the troop surge for Afghanistan, and the second one is that Trump is now sending arms to help out the Syrian Kurds, who are fighting Assad, who is supported by Putin.

Might help if you read the whole thread and can comprehend and retain it.

Against our friends the Turks, this ought to get good.

We're everywhere, who needs a fuggin' map.

globalmilitarism172_01_small.jpg

globalmilitarism172_02_small.jpg

Under the new Unified Command Plan instituted in 2002, the US has five geographical commands to cover and direct the US military forces overseas:

1. EUCOM for Europe,

2. CENTCOM for the Middle East,

3. PACOM for Asia-Pacific,

4. SOUTHCOM for Latin America,

5. NORTHCOM for North America.

NEW US BASES IN BULGARIA IN TERRITORY ONCE
CONTROLLED BY THE OLD SOVIET UNION

globalmilitarism172_04_small.jpg

Map of the 14 "ENDURING BASES" (i.e., permanent
bases) US military bases in Iraq:

1. Al Qayyarah air base

2. Camp Marez

3. [ name unknown ]

4. Camp Renegade

5. Camp Speicher

6. Balad air base

7. Al Asad air base

8. Camp Taji

9. Taqaddum air base

10. Green Zone

11. Camp Falcon

12. Camp Victory

13. Patrol base Shocker

14. Talil air base
These bases will remain after the US supposedly pulls out what is described as its "combat forces." The forces that will remain on these bases will be re-designated as "military assistance" forces and / or "logistics personnel." And this doesn't count the thousands of other "mercenary forces." Indeed, the US is slated to double its mercenary forces in Iraq after the so-called 2011 Military Pullout date.

Map showing US bases in Latin America, or bases that it can access.
globalmilitarism172_11.jpg

Bases of Empire - The Global Spread of US Military and Intelligence Bases

Well, you believed wrong.

Trump doesn’t have any ‘convictions’ and couldn’t care less about more dead Americans.

The coward Trump will go along with the U.S. general who wants more troops, more time, and more American deaths in Afghanistan.

Not only is Trump planning on sending more troops into Afghanistan, he's also going to send arms to Syrian Kurds.

Wonder how THAT's gonna work out?
It will be a disaster, just like Bush’s illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Indeed, in a few years America will end up fighting the Kurds who’ve become the new terrorists of the Region – Kurdish terrorists America helped to arm, just like the Taliban during the 80s.

Aawwww...........how cute.............I've got my own personal troll following me around with reading comprehension problems.

Hey stupid................I was talking about two different things. First was the troop surge for Afghanistan, and the second one is that Trump is now sending arms to help out the Syrian Kurds, who are fighting Assad, who is supported by Putin.

Might help if you read the whole thread and can comprehend and retain it.

You said:
"And, sending munitions and ammo to the Syrian Kurds (who are fighting Assad who is supported by Putin), might just start something over there that Trump won't be able to fix."

You never mentioned Syria before and then said "over there". Common sense says you need to be specific instead of using generic terms, such as "over there", when you did not identify where you are talking about.

My reading comprehension is fine, but your writing skills suck!

Against our friends the Turks, this ought to get good.
who are in cahoots with the russians against us.....tell me again why Obama got us into this

Under the new Unified Command Plan instituted in 2002, the US has five geographical commands to cover and direct the US military forces overseas:

1. EUCOM for Europe,

1. Al Qayyarah air base

2. Camp Marez

3. [ name unknown ]

4. Camp Renegade

5. Camp Speicher

6. Balad air base

7. Al Asad air base

8. Camp Taji

9. Taqaddum air base

10. Green Zone

11. Camp Falcon

12. Camp Victory

13. Patrol base Shocker

14. Talil air base
These bases will remain after the US supposedly pulls out what is described as its "combat forces." The forces that will remain on these bases will be re-designated as "military assistance" forces and / or "logistics personnel." And this doesn't count the thousands of other "mercenary forces." Indeed, the US is slated to double its mercenary forces in Iraq after the so-called 2011 Military Pullout date.

Very interesting maps :)
But the last one seems not to be correct...I can see US bases in Venezuela. :eek-52:
I think it's just a little mistake :)

1. EUCOM for Europe,

1. Al Qayyarah air base

2. Camp Marez

3. [ name unknown ]

4. Camp Renegade

5. Camp Speicher

6. Balad air base

7. Al Asad air base

8. Camp Taji

9. Taqaddum air base

10. Green Zone

11. Camp Falcon

12. Camp Victory

13. Patrol base Shocker

14. Talil air base

Very interesting maps :)
But the last one seems not to be correct...I can see US bases in Venezuela. :eek-52:
I think it's just a little mistake :)

Could be, show me what you got, be interested in seeing it.

Still, we're up to our usual shit across the globe, including Venezuela.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-09/

Forum List

Back