U.S. Army should take control of American Govmnt, From President Obama.

Some officers and NCOs, I am sure, left because of the abandonment of the Kurds to Saddam's slaughter. Whether Ollie was one, who knows?

I personally know officers and NCOs left because of Iran-Contra when it became public. That was a betrayal of our armed forces by the commander-in-chief.

Lol. You want to twist my personal criticism of you into saying I hate america? Golly.

Yes you got forced out under Clinton's drawdown plan. After 22 years your highest rank was an E-7. I don't need to read your 201 File to see based on your performance you were forced out. I entered as an E-1 and made E-4 in under three years. Don't try to sell any of that played out DD214 garbage either.

We saw quite a few of your kind get the boot. That's not attacking your Service. It's pointing out your soapboxing bullshit won't fertilize any free passes. Next time you try to tell others you retired based partly on what we did to the Kurds in Desert Storm you might want to remember not everyone on here will happily buy your rat trap. Dont try to get fucking personal on me or I'll make sure you go to bed on a wet pillow.

Hey there Curve, not for nothing, but lots of people were downsized at that point, and I believe it was actually Bush senior who started the drawdown.

Though I disagree with this guy on most points, I don't think his service should be called into question like that.

I never called his Service into question. A while ago I saw him claim what we did to the Kurds in DS was "one of the reasons" he retired. He's a dyed in the wool Nationalist. There is no way he can sell that as a reason for retirement. I called him on what I believe to be nothing but posturing to score unbelievably petty points in a political discussion. Look at anything he has ever said about our actions....not once has he denounced it when we have clearly been wrong. The illegal no-fly zones caused a hell of a lot more death and suffering than what happened to the Kurds yet we are supposed to believe concern for them was a reason for retiring while he is right now defending those same actions? He's full of shit and 22 years of active duty service doesn't give anyone a license to be dishonest or misleading.

I even respect his right to free speech which is why I have not thrown my Combat Service in his face every time he has accused me of siding with our enemies.

Some officers and NCOs, I am sure, left because of the abandonment of the Kurds to Saddam's slaughter. Whether Ollie was one, who knows?

I personally know officers and NCOs left because of Iran-Contra when it became public. That was a betrayal of our armed forces by the commander-in-chief.

Iam sure there are some who left but they did so out of a concern for non-Americans. Even in the short time of reading his posts it's clear he's not one of them. See my above reference.

It's a "fact" I'm taking the side of our enemies because I pointed out the real fact the no-fly zones were illegal? No wonder you got forced out of the military.

Hey dumb fuck, 22 years on active duty and retiring by choice is not being forced out of the Military. Now why the fuck would you want to attack my service to this great country? Do you truly hate America that much? You still wouldn't make a pimple on a SFC's ass.

Lol. You want to twist my personal criticism of you into saying I hate america? Golly.

Yes you got forced out under Clinton's drawdown plan. After 22 years your highest rank was an E-7. I don't need to read your 201 File to see based on your performance you were forced out. I entered as an E-1 and made E-4 in under three years. Don't try to sell any of that played out DD214 garbage either.

We saw quite a few of your kind get the boot. That's not attacking your Service. It's pointing out your soapboxing bullshit won't fertilize any free passes. Next time you try to tell others you retired based partly on what we did to the Kurds in Desert Storm you might want to remember not everyone on here will happily buy your rat trap. Dont try to get fucking personal on me or I'll make sure you go to bed on a wet pillow.

Now that's funny, you are going to bragg about making E-4 in under three years...WOW what a remarkable feat. I made E4 in 2 and E5 in 4. pinned on E 6 after 6 and E7 With 12 years in. And that was from the Secondary zone of consideration first time eligible. As far as Clintoin there you are half right I decided to retire when Clinton took office. It was a moral decision on my part. I refused to serve under a draft dodger any longer than I had to. It took me 9 months to get out. For a while it looked like my request would be disproved.

Now as for retiring as an E7, I think that's probably about the average. Unless you stay for 30 years. Not that I hadn't seen a few make E8 in less than 20, but very few.

At any rate, anytime you want to take your 3 years as a nobody against my 22 years. I think I know a bit more about it than you ever will. E4 LOL That's funny.......

Hey there Curve, not for nothing, but lots of people were downsized at that point, and I believe it was actually Bush senior who started the drawdown.

Though I disagree with this guy on most points, I don't think his service should be called into question like that.

I never called his Service into question. A while ago I saw him claim what we did to the Kurds in DS was "one of the reasons" he retired. He's a dyed in the wool Nationalist. There is no way he can sell that as a reason for retirement. I called him on what I believe to be nothing but posturing to score unbelievably petty points in a political discussion. Look at anything he has ever said about our actions....not once has he denounced it when we have clearly been wrong. The illegal no-fly zones caused a hell of a lot more death and suffering than what happened to the Kurds yet we are supposed to believe concern for them was a reason for retiring while he is right now defending those same actions? He's full of shit and 22 years of active duty service doesn't give anyone a license to be dishonest or misleading.

I even respect his right to free speech which is why I have not thrown my Combat Service in his face every time he has accused me of siding with our enemies.

That's right asswipe, I happen to believe that we are still the greatest country on earth And many things make one think about retiring from the military, But you have nothing to talk shit about.

Ollie, you are not more or less patriotic than any other veteran here, whether they agree or disagree with you. At 22 years, you were probably offered an assignment you did not want, and elected to resign. That is your business. Was your final duty recruiting or retention?

My final Duty was Operations Sergeant and Senior Instructor at one of the Courses at the Signal School. Which is why I almost was refused my request for retirement. I had to wait for a viable replacement.

Geez. Okay. Slow. Down. Read. My. Actual. Post.

I never said you told anyone to leave. I pointed out your false dichotomy of "take america's side or our enemy's side" is no less ridiculous than "love it or leave." Both send the same exact message:

AGREE WITH ME OR YOU ARE MY ENEMY.

That's fucking childish. The no-fly zones were never part of the Cease Fire thus illegal. You're justifying illegal actions based solely on saying you're taking "our government's side." Did it ever occur to you our government can be just as strong of an enemy to America as any other group or nation in the world? The Founding Fathers realized this which is why they created a checks and balances system. Naw. You're prolly right...I'm just proving how stupid I am. (I even saved you the trouble of responding and good job on admitting you fucked up. Oh wait....you didn't. Just like back in the day when we pwned E-7 lifer rejects like you on a regula basis.)

I didn't say agree with me or else I pointed out that I am taking the side of the US Government and you are taking the side of our enemies. That just happens to be the facts here. I believe that we had just cause for the no fly zones, you do not. I believe you couldn't make a pimple on an E7's ass. That's just more fact.

I'll give CurveLight the ability to state his/her belief, but stating that the no-fly zones were a violation of international law (no doubt about it, they were) isn't the same as saying there wasn't a moral justification for supporting the policy.

If we look at key moves we can see the no-fly zones were another way of trying to force an uprising from within iraq. That never hurt saddam.....nor did the sanctions. I have no idea what moral justification could be made for the nfz or sanctions.

I would agree as a general principle, but the guy kinda does invite it on himself with that flamethrower "if you disagree with me, you're a traitor" rhetoric.

Hey dumb fuck, 22 years on active duty and retiring by choice is not being forced out of the Military. Now why the fuck would you want to attack my service to this great country? Do you truly hate America that much? You still wouldn't make a pimple on a SFC's ass.

Now that's funny, you are going to bragg about making E-4 in under three years...WOW what a remarkable feat. I made E4 in 2 and E5 in 4. pinned on E 6 after 6 and E7 With 12 years in. And that was from the Secondary zone of consideration first time eligible. As far as Clintoin there you are half right I decided to retire when Clinton took office. It was a moral decision on my part. I refused to serve under a draft dodger any longer than I had to. It took me 9 months to get out. For a while it looked like my request would be disproved.

Now as for retiring as an E7, I think that's probably about the average. Unless you stay for 30 years. Not that I hadn't seen a few make E8 in less than 20, but very few.

At any rate, anytime you want to take your 3 years as a nobody against my 22 years. I think I know a bit more about it than you ever will. E4 LOL That's funny.......

So you got out (partially) because you refused to serve under a draft dodger. That must mean you never supported Cheney. Why do I have a feeling you have been a staunch supporter of the Bush admin? So we have draft dodging bill and the kurds...what's next...you didn't like the way the new kevlar fit? Also, I never said I served only 3 years....but hey....your track record of trying to slam me on really stupid shit isn't too strong.

Really looking forward to hearing how often you bashed cheney for dodging the draft!

I would agree as a general principle, but the guy kinda does invite it on himself with that flamethrower "if you disagree with me, you're a traitor" rhetoric.

That is what my major beef has been.

So you got out (partially) because you refused to serve under a draft dodger. That must mean you never supported Cheney. Why do I have a feeling you have been a staunch supporter of the Bush admin? So we have draft dodging bill and the kurds...what's next...you didn't like the way the new kevlar fit? Also, I never said I served only 3 years....but hey....your track record of trying to slam me on really stupid shit isn't too strong.

Really looking forward to hearing how often you bashed cheney for dodging the draft!

I could care less about Mr Cheney. He was not the CIC, nor was I on active duty. But You are so wrong on so many counts. But believe what you will. If you last you will learn what I disagreed with the Bush Admin about, and there were several things. But Mr Obama has already passed that number by and he and his administration are the problem now. Not Mr Bush and Mr Cheney.

So you served more than 3 years and made E4.. OK we got it.:eusa_whistle:

Do you always place words in other peoples mouths? Never once have I called anyone a traitor. I said they took the enemies side in an argument. But hey if you want to call them traitor go right ahead.

I could care less about Mr Cheney. He was not the CIC, nor was I on active duty. But You are so wrong on so many counts. But believe what you will. If you last you will learn what I disagreed with the Bush Admin about, and there were several things. But Mr Obama has already passed that number by and he and his administration are the problem now. Not Mr Bush and Mr Cheney.

ROTFL! Thank you! It didn't matter cheney was a draft dodger....that's fucking rank hypocrisy. As for the claim cheney was not the CIC.....never mind. Let's stick to your "I'm taking America's side" songs. See ya.

Do you always place words in other peoples mouths? Never once have I called anyone a traitor. I said they took the enemies side in an argument. But hey if you want to call them traitor go right ahead.

Sometimes when you say something that practically means something else worded differently, it's fair to use the other term. Now looks like one of those of those times. If you don't mean someone's a "traitor", then just what do you mean when you say someone "takes the enemies side in an argument"?

ROTFL! Thank you! It didn't matter cheney was a draft dodger....that's fucking rank hypocrisy. As for the claim cheney was not the CIC.....never mind. Let's stick to your "I'm taking America's side" songs. See ya.

OK Dipshit Cheney had legal deferments, Prove otherwise? Mr Clinton Admits that he "Evaded" the Draft. Do you see the difference here? I was a civilian when Mr Cheney was never the CINC, Understand that? I don't give a shit about Cheney he was the empty seat.

Sometimes when you say something that practically means something else worded differently, it's fair to use the other term. Now looks like one of those of those times. If you don't mean someone's a "traitor", then just what do you mean when you say someone "takes the enemies side in an argument"?

I mean we both posted the same link, the link argued both sides of the No fly zones, I accepted the US Governments reasoning CL does not. He took the enemies side of the argument. If I believe someone to be a traitor believe me you will see me tell them, Probably in large dark type and several times.

OK Dipshit Cheney had legal deferments, Prove otherwise? Mr Clinton Admits that he "Evaded" the Draft. Do you see the difference here? I was a civilian when Mr Cheney was never the CINC, Understand that? I don't give a shit about Cheney he was the empty seat.

Dick Cheney gamed the system in order to get new legal deferments. However, considering his actions as a whole, it was evading the draft.

I mean we both posted the same link, the link argued both sides of the No fly zones, I accepted the US Governments reasoning CL does not. He took the enemies side of the argument. If I believe someone to be a traitor believe me you will see me tell them, Probably in large dark type and several times.

Fair enough....

Iam sure there are some who left but they did so out of a concern for non-Americans. Even in the short time of reading his posts it's clear he's not one of them. See my above reference.

Are you talking about those who left because of Iraq I or because of Iran-Contra? If the former, then, yes, Ollie is making brownie points, but that does not invalidate his service.

Ollie, you are not more or less patriotic than any other veteran here, whether they agree or disagree with you. At 22 years, you were probably offered an assignment you did not want, and elected to resign. That is your business. Was your final duty recruiting or retention?

My final Duty was Operations Sergeant and Senior Instructor at one of the Courses at the Signal School. Which is why I almost was refused my request for retirement. I had to wait for a viable replacement.

That jives with what I remember during my service days. I heard that Gordon was a hole and that Huachuca was a dream assignment.

Forum List

Back