Tyson to close four processing plants in US.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Two of the facilities being shuttered are in Missouri.

Tyson lost $417 million in the last year...which seems impossible with the cost of beef skyrocketing, pricing many out of the beef market and into pork and chicken.

Moonglow

Where are they building and opening plants? Or did the poppa die and the kids just let the business go to hell?

Like the concept of Walmart or..yeah, that one's a little too close to home to mention, nm.

Where are they building and opening plants? Or did the poppa die and the kids just let the business go to hell?

Like the concept of Walmart or..yeah, that one's a little too close to home to mention, nm.

They are building one here in Virginia that is supposed to start hiring sometime in the very near future. I wouldn't read too much in this announcement yet. Companies often build new plants before they shutter the old ones just to keep sales up during the transition. Otherwise, they would have to shut down and lose sales while existing buildings were overhauled.

They are building one here in Virginia that is supposed to start hiring sometime in the very near future. I wouldn't read too much in this announcement yet. Companies often build new plants before they shutter the old ones just to keep sales up during the transition. Otherwise, they would have to shut down and lose sales while existing buildings were overhauled.
They just closed one in Virginia a few months ago. 700 jobs lost. They closed another plant at that time in Van Buren Arkansas...900 jobs lost.

I hope Biden's Chinese buddies don't have anything to do with this. I heard they were buying or looking to buy some pork producing operations.

Ooooh no less chemical filled toxic chicken. I wouldn't mind seeing fast food chicken places struggle.

They just closed one in Virginia a few months ago. 700 jobs lost. They closed another plant at that time in Van Buren Arkansas...900 jobs lost.

"Tyson Foods (NYSE: TSN) will invest $300 million to build a new, fully-cooked plant in Danville, Virginia, company officials announced today. The project is part of the company’s commitment to meet increasing demand and deliver on its strategy of accelerating long-term growth. The new facility is expected to create nearly 400 jobs when production begins in the spring of 2023."

Jobs Listing: Danville Virginia

Do those jobs pay $30 plus benefits? No american should be paid less than that for working there.

Meat Processing Jobs by Hourly Rate​

Job TitleRangeAverage
Meat Cutter$12 - $22$17
Butcher$10 - $19$14
Production Worker$11 - $19$15
Maintenance Mechanic$15 - $32$25
Maintenance Technician$18 - $30$24
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician$19 - $35$26
Quality Assurance (QA) Technician$14 - $24$20

Do those jobs pay $30 plus benefits? No american should be paid less than that for working there.
Most of these jobs are now filled by illegals who can't afford decent housing, living in hovels, destroying good neighborhoods. I am surprised they can find that workforce in Virginia.

Meat Processing Jobs by Hourly Rate​

Job TitleRangeAverage
Meat Cutter$12 - $22$17
Butcher$10 - $19$14
Production Worker$11 - $19$15
Maintenance Mechanic$15 - $32$25
Maintenance Technician$18 - $30$24
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician$19 - $35$26
Quality Assurance (QA) Technician$14 - $24$20

Most of these jobs are now filled by illegals who can't afford decent housing, living in hovels, destroying good neighborhoods. I am surprised they can find that workforce in Virginia.

They were out on the eastern shore which is a rather curious place (Just google the watermen types on the Virginia shore. They are dodgy people). I think the new plant is just a turn the pink slime into nuggets facility as opposed to slaughtering or processing the raw meat.

Those are sad pathetic wages. No american should be doing that job for that wage. Time for Tyson to jack up it's wages. Big time.

Those are sad pathetic wages. No american should be doing that job for that wage. Time for Tyson to jack up it's wages. Big time.
Depends on where you live. Those kids don't slave away in lithium mines for your tesla batteries for their health. What we spend on starbucks in a week is big bucks in the third world.

Thanks to Gracie for posting this in another thread. Here Kennedy describes how China now controls 80% of hog production in the US.

I was just thinking about that, everyone should see it. Glad you posted it!

The Lykes family still has things here. I reckon they aren't a large percentage of nationwide stuff.

China should not be allowed to own Smithfield in America.

That Gracie link is very relevant to this thread.

Forum List

Back