"Typical White person"

I guess that makes you a moron, heh heh.

One is tacitly giving Obama a pass for uttering what could be taken as a bigoted remark by not holding him to the same standard as say McCain would be held to if he made a remark about typical black people. You could argue that what Obama said wasn't bigoted, and maybe it wasn't, but it certainly was stereotyping white people in a negative way. And I'm not sure but it seems you are excusing it all by saying black people are more sensitive and therefore deserve to be treated with kid gloves.

One is tacitly giving Obama a pass for uttering what could be taken as a bigoted remark by not holding him to the same standard as say McCain would be held to if he made a remark about typical black people.

Who is giving him a pass?

Again, try to be specific...please?

You could argue that what Obama said wasn't bigoted, and maybe it wasn't, but it certainly was stereotyping white people in a negative way.

You do realize you contradict yourself here, right? So which is it? Was it bigoted or was it not?

And I'm not sure but it seems you are excusing it all by saying black people are more sensitive and therefore deserve to be treated with kid gloves.

I've excused nothing. I merely pointed out that I was not offended by the comment. And if I'm not offended by it, it seems pretty silly to get riled up over the fact that others are as equally unoffended as am I.

Aren't you giving him a pass? You haven't said either way so it's a bit hard to tell. Perhaps I'm reading you wrong but you seem to be rationalizing it away.

Sure, IMO, it was bigoted. But I'm not about to hold that against him simply because I believe everyone is bigoted to an extent even if they won't admit it.

I don't think I am.

For it to qualify as giving him a pass, I would first need to acknowledge a transgression has occurred. Since I already said I wasn't the least bit offended by the comment, there exists nothing for which to give him a pass.

Look, let's not make this into something that it isn't.

Yes it's true that if McCain said "typical black person" he'd be crucified. Mostly due to the handiwork of people like Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton.

I think most people here consider the matter settled that these two guys are race pimping racist bigots. No argument here.

What bothers me is the implied outrage over the fact that there doesn't exist a white counterpart to these assclowns looking to make mountains out of molehills every time a black person makes a possibly off-colored remark... pun intended. :)

The solution is for people (all people) to pay less attention to guys like Sharpton. The solution is not to elevate and support a white counterpart to Sharpton.

Get it?

I do actually get it. I was just trying to understand what you were getting at. IMO, it'd be better if everyone just admitted to harboring stereotypical views and made an effort to not let them rule their lives.

That is a good point about Sharpton, btw.

Fine. If it bothers you then it bothers you, I won't criticize you or pass judgement about that. However, that makes you the minority in this discussion so far. Most everyone else isn't bothered by the comment, their bothered by the fact that black people would be bothered by it if stated in reverse. And that is what I find retarded logic. So either take offense to it, or don't. But don't pull a Gunny and claim to be offended by the lack of offense taken by others. That's just plain idiotic.

Most everyone should be bothered by Obama's "typical white person" comment....he was essentially calling all white people a bunch of racists (along with his own grandmother).....then he used that as the excuse to forgive his pastor.....it also proved how much of a racist Obama is himself.

Most everyone should be bothered by Obama's "typical white person" comment....he was essentially calling all white people a bunch of racists (along with his own grandmother).....then he used that as the excuse to forgive his pastor.....it also proved how much of a racist Obama is himself.

So I guess this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and indeed you will not be voting for Obama should he win the democratic nomination?

So I guess this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and indeed you will not be voting for Obama should he win the democratic nomination?

The "proverbial straw" was broken for me long before his latest conniving speech.

who's going to come up with the "typical white person" t shirt?

i'll take 2 mens large please

But there is a stipulation on buying the typical white man's tee shirt. You have to provide your grandparents going back just 10 generations and we need to be sure they are lily white. As soon as we have confirmed all 1024 are of pure stock your t-shirt will be sent. Thank you for your patience.

But there is a stipulation on buying the typical white man's tee shirt. You have to provide your grandparents going back just 10 generations and we need to be sure they are lily white. As soon as we have confirmed all 1024 are of pure stock your t-shirt will be sent. Thank you for your patience.

You mean we just need to throw Grandma under the wheels of a fast moving truck?:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back