Typical Dose Of Right Wing Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cammmpbell, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    This E Mail is circulating. If one researches it they will find that the change was made by the military in the interest of convenience and also that the change was implemented in 2007 while Bush was president:

What did America do to deserve such a piece of S&%# as a Commander in Chief and spokesperson for the Great US of A.!!?? He and his wife are a disgrace. Wish they were citizens.

That is my opinion and I am hoppng America comes to it's senses and gets rid of him. 2012 elections can't come too soon

10:24 pm
    Subject: Fwd: Fwd: Military Funeral Protocol

Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox funeral for my beloved 85 year old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served in the US Army during The Korean Conflict. During the committal service at a Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual, then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt. As I'm sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins "On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's service." However, today the dialogue was "On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a grateful nation...". After the service I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my aunt to inquire about the change in language. His response was "The White House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately remove 'the President' and insert 'the Secretary of Defense".

2. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    I smell horseshit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
  4. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Why do you refer to it as right wing bullshit?
    The author of the email asked a soldier "why" and he answered him. The author of the email had valid reason to believe it was THIS administration for he was not informed that it happened years ago.
    Heck, even I did not know the origin of the original words nor was I aware of the change in words.
    You are seeking to make a bigger deal out of this than needs to ber made. The author of the email obviously does not appreciate the Obamas (nor do I) and he immediately assumed this was action of theirs.
    That does not make it "right wing" anything. It is all about a man jumping to conclusions.

5. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    The E Mail was sent to me by one of the biggest Republican supporters I know. Go figure.

Like other Republican bullshit they figure nobody will research or question what is said. Like Fox news...once it's said or in print it's a fact.

Ann Coulter is one of the biggest liars I know. Still...because the Republican base already believes the shit she spews her books are sold to them by the million. I love it when Bill Maher talks about having sex with her.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  6. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    there you go again...spewing "facts" without backing them up...or at least explaining them.

Sort of like you did yesterday...I explained to you how the conservative individual sees things and all you can respond with was "thats bullshit"...nothing more.

As if YOU know better than I do as it pertains to the way I think.

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Old rocks...spend more time reading the thread before calling someone else a dumb ass cause it makes you look like...well...a dumb ass.

I never disagreed with anything he said....I simply explained to him as to why he should not link it to "right wingers"....

9. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    Is this what prompted the anti war movement to sit down. Or was it democrats getting soldiers killed just isnt important ?

10. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Wow.

Some people are easily "incensed".

Regardless of who made the change, SFW? I don't really see the big deal. Does this somehow mean that the President (whoever it is) is not grateful for military service.