Typical Dose Of Right Wing Bullshit

Why do you refer to it as right wing bullshit?
The author of the email asked a soldier "why" and he answered him. The author of the email had valid reason to believe it was THIS administration for he was not informed that it happened years ago.
Heck, even I did not know the origin of the original words nor was I aware of the change in words.
You are seeking to make a bigger deal out of this than needs to ber made. The author of the email obviously does not appreciate the Obamas (nor do I) and he immediately assumed this was action of theirs.
That does not make it "right wing" anything. It is all about a man jumping to conclusions.

The email is misleading, false and damaging. It's perfectly understandable to characterize it as "bullshit". If the writer didn't realize that the changes were instituted under the Bush administration he or she had a responsibility to check before he delivered his broadside. Is it right-wing? Almost certainly. It's a public attack on the patriotism and commitment to soldiers of a Democratic president. The overwhelming majority of such communications come from the right rather than the left. Is it typical? It's not typical of the average Republican, but it is typical of anonymous internet chain mails.
[Bolding mine]
You have a link to those stats?

The author of the forwarded email asked a question and he's a 'rightwinger'?

I see that the one who forwarded it is, but unless there is something more to see than the words of the forwarded email, I have no idea how someone could conclude anything about his politics.

He just buried a son. And, he asked a question about the change from what it was to what he got, obviously disappointed. But, he just buried a son, so I imagine his emotions were a tad raw.

he actually had just buried his 85 year old uncle.

Or he could be completely full of shit.

Funny thing...I didnt think of him maybe being full of shit for even if he was, it wouldnt make a difference.

This was a case where a man jumped to conclusions due to his emotional distrust and likely hate for Obama.

Nothing really special here at all...which is what I tried to say in my first response.

Not sure why you have him possibly "bullshitting".....but whatever works for you, I guess.

he actually had just buried his 85 year old uncle.

Or he could be completely full of shit.

Funny thing...I didnt think of him maybe being full of shit for even if he was, it wouldnt make a difference.

This was a case where a man jumped to conclusions due to his emotional distrust and likely hate for Obama.

Nothing really special here at all...which is what I tried to say in my first response.

Not sure why you have him possibly "bullshitting".....but whatever works for you, I guess.

Nothing special, except fanatics on both sides are famous for generating (and being hoodwinked) by these e-mails to stoke up the base. As I said, it could be bullshit.

Or it could be true. Either way, someone completely unreasonable and out of proportion response to a minor thing isn't really my concern.

The author of the email asked a soldier "why" and he answered him. The author of the email had valid reason to believe it was THIS administration for he was not informed that it happened years ago.
Heck, even I did not know the origin of the original words nor was I aware of the change in words.
You are seeking to make a bigger deal out of this than needs to ber made. The author of the email obviously does not appreciate the Obamas (nor do I) and he immediately assumed this was action of theirs.
That does not make it "right wing" anything. It is all about a man jumping to conclusions.

The email is misleading, false and damaging. It's perfectly understandable to characterize it as "bullshit". If the writer didn't realize that the changes were instituted under the Bush administration he or she had a responsibility to check before he delivered his broadside. Is it right-wing? Almost certainly. It's a public attack on the patriotism and commitment to soldiers of a Democratic president. The overwhelming majority of such communications come from the right rather than the left. Is it typical? It's not typical of the average Republican, but it is typical of anonymous internet chain mails.

Public attack?
He emailed it to his friend....who decided to make it public.

So I am curious...do you fact check everything you hear before you repeat it to a friend?

Me? I say "I heard"....I never repeat as fact....

But I dont carry Snopes around with me./......so maybe we should all not communicate until we get home and check n the validity of things we hear.

Gonna rain today?
Mums the word.

What is good on their menu?
Mums the word.

Jets gonna win this weekend?
Mums the word.

I dont know...I think you are just ranting without thinkoing about what you are saying....my opinion.

Last edited:
So somebody sends an email attacking Obama and his wife, based on misinformation. You don't suppose a few lefties were doing the same thing to Bush when he was in office? You're going to smear everybody on the right with the actions of one guy? Bet you'd be screaming bloody murder if the shoe was on the other foot.

Yea, right. People fact check everything they send in private emails.... on what planet?

How fucking ridiculous.

For all we know, the OP wrote it himself in order to get all hyperbolic about some fantasy 'lie'.

Jarhead, you dumb ass, go to the site that he linked. This change was made under President Bush in 2007, and this site explains the why of the change;

snopes.com: Change in Military Funeral Protocol

Is this what prompted the anti war movement to sit down. Or was it democrats getting soldiers killed just isnt important ?

We effectively forced a Democratic President from making a run for a second term over Vietnam. President Obama inherited two wars. Winding down a war without creating an even greater problem is not easy. But now we are finally getting out of Iraq. And will probably get out of Afghanistan pretty soon. Libya was an example of how to conduct a policy that extracts justice from dictators that have had a hand in killing Americans by terrorist support. Cost no American lives, and it is up to the Libyans to take advantage of the freedom they have gained. If they fail to, the blame is on their heads, not that of the Americans and Europeans that helped them.

You're exactly right but guess what? Limited involvement and no boots on the ground will not continue the need for a trillion dollar a year defense budget. No Republican worth his/her salt would ever do anything to interfere with the massive military/industrial complex. Blackwater and Halliburton have to eat too.

Forum List

Back