TX GOP budget slashing pushes elderly out

We really need some new talking points on here this one is very tired and boring.

You mean like the relentless OMG! OBAMA! talking points we're exposed to every day?

Sorry if you don't like to confront the truth. I know truth is poison to right wingers, but I'll keep on posting it anyhow. You don't have to look.

No you post liberal talking points not the truth just because you happen to believe the talking points you post does not make them true you feel free to keep posting them and I will feel free to call them what they are.

Ok, if they're just talking points and not fact, they should be easy to refute...right?

I await your response.

Reducing base line increases in school funding is hardly gutting education. There has been an increase in spending every year, some wanted to spend even less, some wants much more, just proves ya can't make everyone happy.

Not so. State spending on education was $4 billion less than the previous budget.

Not true, the state altered the formula for increases which lowered porjected increases which bent the increase curve down but there were no actual cuts, in fact spending increased year over year, just at a slower rate. Only in government where base line budgeting is used can a smaller than projected increase be called a cut.

Last edited:
listen ass hole, tax breaks for corporations means jobs for Texans

No, it doesn't. If anything, it means jobs for Mexicans. But what it mostly means is money in the pockets of the wealthy, which will continue to fuel a widening economic gap.

Get it right. Hussein cut Medicaid to fund his 3,000 page monstrosity that nobody read. For some reason libs believe that the Dept of Education actually educates people and the Dept of Energy furnishes energy etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Dept of education is a bloated bureaucracy that is in the business of creating stacks of regulations that impede education and the Dept Energy does the same thing to energy prices. Libs think government jobs stimulate the economy when all they do is shift confiscated money around. It's a zero sum gain. The federal government should not be an employment agency. Cut the dept of education in half and there won't be a ripple in the sub standard union based education system.

Get rid of it entirely. The dept of education wasn't around until Clinton and I for one haven't noticed our schools getting any better.

Get it right. Hussein cut Medicaid to fund his 3,000 page monstrosity that nobody read. For some reason libs believe that the Dept of Education actually educates people and the Dept of Energy furnishes energy etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Dept of education is a bloated bureaucracy that is in the business of creating stacks of regulations that impede education and the Dept Energy does the same thing to energy prices. Libs think government jobs stimulate the economy when all they do is shift confiscated money around. It's a zero sum gain. The federal government should not be an employment agency. Cut the dept of education in half and there won't be a ripple in the sub standard union based education system.

Get rid of it entirely. The dept of education wasn't around until Clinton and I for one haven't noticed our schools getting any better.

Actually the Dept of ED came into existence under Carter in 1980, it has cost more than 1.2 trillion dollars, and your right, they haven't accomplished a damned thing except higher drop out rates and lower test scores.

From your link:

Graves continued to express significant alarm about the ongoing budgetary chaos in Washington, whereby the fiscal cliff – and more deep cuts to Medicare -- has simply been postponed for two months. "It is disconcerting to see Texas seniors and facilities across Texas essentially held hostage to the frustrating budget process in Washington -- where deep cuts to seniors' critical funding are always a threat on the horizon," the THCA leader warned.

I'll state with all certainty you have no clue how Nursing Homes are operated.

Did you know that most Medicaid patients in nursing homes are given more care then the state reimburses the facility for? That means a loss to the facility.
Should that loss be made up in pay cuts or layoffs of staff?
Can't cut staff, because state's mandate the minimum amount of PPD. Go below your PPD and the Nursing Home loses payments.
Pay cuts for skilled nursing? The skilled nursing will go else where.

What's your solution?

Last edited:
Can't spend what you don't have.

It's not that the state doesn't have the money; it's that they spend it on something else...like tax breaks and subsidies to corporations.

It's a matter of priorities and the poor and elderly just aren't a very high priority for the GOP.

The State spent a tax break?
You do know they have no state income tax, right?

Your argument, once again, is completely invalid. You fall for the same appeal to emotion fallacy regularly.

Last edited:
ah yes, the same old scare tactics from the left

use children and old people

Reducing base line increases in school funding is hardly gutting education. There has been an increase in spending every year, some wanted to spend even less, some wants much more, just proves ya can't make everyone happy.

Not so. State spending on education was $4 billion less than the previous budget.

Not true, the state altered the formula for increases which lowered porjected increases which bent the increase curve down but there were no actual cuts, in fact spending increased year over year, just at a slower rate. Only in government where base line budgeting is used can a smaller than projected increase be called a cut.

Hey does Texas still have one of the lowest high school graduation rates in the country?

I believe they do. YOU getting a lot of value for the education dollar eh?

And how come no right wing whack jobs are talking about how it is a great thing for old people to be removed from their nursing homes. via funding cuts. Thats what you whackers want to happen all over the country. Right. One whacker wanted 15% cuts across the board. That'll teach them old folks they shouldn't have gotten old.

Snippy, anyone ever tell you that you look a lot like President Obama.

That is you whining and crying isn't it? You know, your avatar. You look like Obama.

Snippy, anyone ever tell you that you look a lot like President Obama.

That is you whining and crying isn't it? You know, your avatar. You look like Obama.

I bet a lot of people have told you, you are a dumb shit:eusa_shifty:

It's not that the state doesn't have the money; it's that they spend it on something else...like tax breaks and subsidies to corporations.

It's a matter of priorities and the poor and elderly just aren't a very high priority for the GOP.

oh please spare me the bs.....I thought OBamacare was fixing all this stuff......OOOPS

and taxbreaks to corporations are giving out by the assload by democrats pal..

oh please spare me the bs.....I thought OBamacare was fixing all this stuff......OOOPS

Now why in the fuk would you think that? In case you missed it, every right wing whacker in Congress has done eveything they can to stop Obama care. Every right wing whacked out gov. (like Perry) has promised to fight tooth and nail from letting Obamacare help anyone.

You don't read much legit news I take it.

Hey, is the Texas legislature controlled by Dems now? Who would have thunk it.

Now why in the fuk would you think that? In case you missed it, every right wing whacker in Congress has done eveything they can to stop Obama care. Every right wing whacked out gov. (like Perry) has promised to fight tooth and nail from letting Obamacare help anyone.

You don't read much legit news I take it.

Hey, is the Texas legislature controlled by Dems now? Who would have thunk it.

Daily KOS and HuffPo is not legit

Obamacare is the golden goose according to Libtards....They jammed it through congress....why cant they jam the implementation down as well?

And the implemenation, why arent congress or unions using it again? because it's soo good they dont want it? do they feel guilty for such a great piece of legislation, is that it?

Forum List

Back