Tx AG Paxton & Parkland Dad Say This Would Have Better Protected School Children - And They're Right

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Corey Booker said today that considering the idea of 'hardening' schools was surrendering to impotence.

Booker, like many anti-2nd Amendment would-be liberal gun grabbers. believes any idea except stripping Americans of their right to bear arms is to be mocked and rejected.

This only shows that he and other Democrats really don't give a damn about protecting our children and are only interested in disarming law-abiding citizens. If they truly cared about protecting our kids all options would be on the table and they would be willing to do anything to protect them.

While Democtats did not even wait for the bodies to get cold or until families had time to grieve, serious people came up with serious ideas on how to better protect out children.

Tx AG Ken Paxton and Parkland Father Andrew Pollack, whose daughter was killed in the Parkland, FL school shooting, 'issued a plea for enhanced security measures and funding at schools across the country'.

Their ideas on how to better protect our children at school were spot-on.

1. Armed Guards, Single Point of Entry
Schools should have a single point of entry with metal detectors and an armed guard station.

(- If you want to make entry into schools even more secure have a 'man-trap' at the entrance. Kids who attend school show an ID to get through rhe 1st door and into a room with another secured door giving final access into the school. In this room metal detectors scan for weapons prior to the students being allowed through the next door and into the school. This would probably be viewed as excessive ... unless perhaps in violent areas like in Chicago.)

2. More secure classrooms, emergency exits
Reinforced, securable doors teachers can lock if gunshots are heard, ground floor windows that can be popped out to give kids a quick escape route.

3. Teacher Training, Advance planning
We pretty much know what happens in these attacks so all schools should have a plan - this latest school had one but when the chaos starts panic takes over. Teachers should be given training so they know the plan well enough where executing it is second nature.

Other ideas include:

Cameras throughout the school monitored by the police or security.

Intercoms in the classrooms to give teachers alerts, status updates, and / or directions.

Thorough background checks, training, and allowing teachers to conceal carry or have guns locked up in the classroom has been suggested.

If protecting our children is the top priority rather than simply taking the right to bear arms away from law-abiding citizens then every serious idea should be considered, not mocked / rejected like Corey Booker did.

I also agree with the comment about how if we can send $40 billion dollars to Ukraine, if Democrats can use millions of dollars of COVID Relief funds to spend on a library or pet project that helps them politically then we can afford to spend money on upgrading rhe security at our children's schools and on doing more to protect them.

I like it. Basically what I advocated on another thread.

My difference would be that the first checkpoint would be a gate to get into a fence. Don't even let people get to the front door with weapons.

Every school that I've ever worked in had a large safe, for the book keeper to keep cash in that they kids would turn in for library fines, lunch money, sports fees, etc. The cash would be picked up by armed men. We're talking probably less than a thousand dollars a week that a school would collect. Our kids are worth way more.

Corey Booker said today that considering the idea of 'hardening' schools was surrendering to impotence.

Booker, like many anti-2nd Amendment would-be liberal gun grabbers. believes any idea except stripping Americans of their right to bear arms is to be mocked and rejected.

This only shows that he and other Democrats really don't give a damn about protecting our children and are only interested in disarming law-abiding citizens. If they truly cared about protecting our kids all options would be on the table and they would be willing to do anything to protect them.

While Democtats did not even wait for the bodies to get cold or until families had time to grieve, serious people came up with serious ideas on how to better protect out children.

Tx AG Ken Paxton and Parkland Father Andrew Pollack, whose daughter was killed in the Parkland, FL school shooting, 'issued a plea for enhanced security measures and funding at schools across the country'.

Schools should have a single point of entry with metal detectors and an armed guard station.

(- If you want to make entry into schools even more secure have a 'man-trap' at the entrance. Kids who attend school show an ID to get through rhe 1st door and into a room with another secured door giving final access into the school. In this room metal detectors scan for weapons prior to the students being allowed through the next door and into the school. This would probably be viewed as excessive ... unless perhaps in violent areas like in Chicago.)

Reinforced, securable doors teachers can lock if gunshots are heard, ground floor windows that can be popped out to give kids a quick escape route.

We pretty much know what happens in these attacks so all schools should have a plan - this latest school had one but when the chaos starts panic takes over. Teachers should be given training so they know the plan well enough where executing it is second nature.

Other ideas include:

Intercoms in the classrooms to give teachers alerts, status updates, and / or directions.

Thorough background checks, training, and allowing teachers to conceal carry or have guns locked up in the classroom has been suggested.

If protecting our children is the top priority rather than simply taking the right to bear arms away from law-abiding citizens then every serious idea should be considered, not mocked / rejected like Corey Booker did.

I also agree with the comment about how if we can send $40 billion dollars to Ukraine, if Democrats can use millions of dollars of COVID Relief funds to spend on a library or pet project that helps them politically then we can afford to spend money on upgrading rhe security at our children's schools and on doing more to protect them.

Yep, gun grabbers are gun grabbers.

Other ideas include:

I was agreeing with you until you went off the rails for politics. This is NOT a left nor a right wing issue. How dare you to attempt to make it.

You will find that in Colorado, we have already done the above things. And we have thrown out the BS about arming the teachers. Every place that's been tried, the accident rates far exceeded the safety rate. We left it up to the Teachers and the Teachers Union unanimously voted against it. More Guns is not the answer. More guns in the wrong hands is the problem. Guns in the right hands is the correction. And we no longer have school shootings in Colorado.

I was agreeing with you until you went off the rails for politics. This is NOT a left nor a right wing issue. How dare you to attempt to make it.

I did not attempt to make it anything that it already isn't.

You can watch the video of 'Sick SOB' Beto O'Rourke carry out his pre-planned political theatrics by attacking the TX Gov during an update news conference about the shooting, using those dead kids in front of their grieving families for his owl political benefit and STILL try to tell me this is not political, that it's not a right versus left thing?!

How dare I try to make this a right versus left thing? Get f*ing serious - The party that coined the phrase 'never let a crisis go to waste' was pushing gun control before the victims had been identified and before the bodies were even cold in Texas and were attacking / cursing conservatives / Republicans.

I did not attempt to make it anything that it already isn't.

You can watch the video of 'Sick SOB' Beto O'Rourke carry out his pre-planned political theatrics by attacking the TX Gov during an update news conference about the shooting, using those dead kids in front of their grieving families for his owl political benefit and STILL try to tell me this is not political, that it's not a right versus left thing?!

How dare I try to make this a right versus left thing? Get f*ing serious - The party that coined the phrase 'never let a crisis go to waste' was pushing gun control before the victims had been identified and before the bodies were even cold in Texas and were attacking / cursing conservatives / Republicans.

And yet you continue. Shame on you. You deserve Cruz.

You're still trying to claim I am the one making this shooting political?

Again, get f*ing serious!

Beto got hammered for trying to use these dead kids and the shooting for his political benefit as he runs for gov...

...While Obama gets dragged for trying his damnedest to connect the shooting to George Floyd and that mess...

WTF?

You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about.

You're still trying to claim I am the one making this shooting political?

Again, get f*ing serious!

Beto got hammered for trying to use these dead kids and the shooting for his political benefit as he runs for gov...

...While Obama gets dragged for trying his damnedest to connect the shooting to George Floyd and that mess...

WTF?

You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about.

Do you remember typing

It's not up to the Feds to make our schools safe. It's up to the States. We have done that. You can't sneek a firearm into our schools anymore than you can sneek a 5 foot sword into a school. Chances are, if you are carrying that AR (not real easy to hide) you will be surrounded by the cops before the front gate in the 1000 foot parameter. That's already happened not more than a few miles from where I live where a 17 year old was headed for a middle school with his daddy's AR and 4 30 shot mags. There is NOTHING Political about a school shooting nor the fixes to stop it. Shame on you.

Better Cruz than Beta, Xiden, Pisslosi, or any other disgusting Dem who didn’t even wait for the bodies to cool before trying to blame Republicans for this. Shame on YOU.

Better Cruz than Beta, Xiden, Pisslosi, or any other disgusting Dem who didn’t even wait for the bodies to cool before trying to blame Republicans for this. Shame on YOU.

The more you fight this, the more you murder children. There should be no politics involved here.

Do you remember typing

It's not up to the Feds to make our schools safe. It's up to the States. We have done that. You can't sneek a firearm into our schools anymore than you can sneek a 5 foot sword into a school. Chances are, if you are carrying that AR (not real easy to hide) you will be surrounded by the cops before the front gate in the 1000 foot parameter. That's already happened not more than a few miles from where I live where a 17 year old was headed for a middle school with his daddy's AR and 4 30 shot mags. There is NOTHING Political about a school shooting nor the fixes to stop it. Shame on you.
Why are you continuing to say Shame on ME for trying to make the shooting political when it has been pathetic Democrats like Beto and Obama who did so and were hammered for doing so by everyone from CBS to CNN?

Stop accusing me of what Democrats have pathetically done, snowflake.

Why are you continuing to say Shame on ME for trying to make the shooting political when it has been pathetic Democrats like Beto and Obama who did so and were hammered for doing so by everyone from CBS to CNN?

Note: In this exchange I have not said a thing about the one side or the other Political spectrum. You keep doing it. YOU give people the power to grab an AR with extra 30 round mags and go shoot up schools because you won't accept any blame yourself. You enable them. As long as you keep playing politics, the shootings will continue.

Sure, you fucking retard.
LYING retard.

1653550617514.png

10:39 PM · May 24, 2022·Twitter Web App

The same fucking day, moron.

Then, teabaggers regurgitated the idiots opinion.

Note: In this exchange I have not said a thing about the one side or the other Political spectrum. You keep doing it. YOU give people the power to grab an AR with extra 30 round mags and go shoot up schools because you won't accept any blame yourself. You enable them. As long as you keep playing politics, the shootings will continue.

Um, no. You accused him of making it political and then you do the exact same thing. What’s more, you place the blame for the shooting squarely on him:

“YOU give people the power to grab an AR with extra 30 round mags and go shoot up schools because you won't accept any blame yourself. You enable them. As long as you keep playing politics, the shootings will continue.”

You were obviously referring to Republicans here so you have no room to preach about keeping politics out of it.

Um, no. You accused him of making it political and then you do the exact same thing. What’s more, you place the blame for the shooting squarely on him:

“YOU give people the power to grab an AR with extra 30 round mags and go shoot up schools because you won't accept any blame yourself. You enable them. As long as you keep playing politics, the shootings will continue.”

You were obviously referring to Republicans here so you have no room to preach about keeping politics out of it.

I am referring to HIM and to YOU. I am not saying it's a Republican or Democratic thing. What I am saying is Politics is the reason that it can't be fixed in Texas. It just happens that the GOP is in control in Texas and hasn't taken the blame for it and blames everyone else so the problem continues. In Colorado, we have a mix and both sides owned up to it and we no longer have school shootings. After 3 back to back school shootings we had to do something fast and we did. We didn't blame any one party or look for the Federal Government to send us money. We took care of it. Yes, we still have shootings just not in our schools.

Stop blaming and start owning up and fix the damned problems.

Other ideas include:

My demand is to remove all armed guards from courthouses and other government building till the children are protected

WTF are you talking about?

Again, I dif not make this political - I pointed out pathetic Democrats who have...

....and I haven't given anyone power to do shit, snowflake, and I have no blame in this matter. You want to try to say it's my fault now this nutbag shot up a school? Damn, you sound as crazy as he was.

My demand is to remove all armed guards from courthouses and other government building till the children are protected
Good.

Here's my idea: no leftwinger who wants gun-grabbing can call for protection by guns. Not owning guns himself (okay, or herself) and no armed police responses. He could still report burglaries and muggings himself at the station, but no calling 911 for help with a car-jacking or home invasion, or any other crime that requires an armed response. Nobody to do it for them if they aren't willing for people to defend themselves with guns.

WTF are you talking about?

Again, I dif not make this political - I pointed out pathetic Democrats who have...

....and I haven't given anyone power to do shit, snowflake, and I have no blame in this matter. You want to try to say it's my fault now this nutbag shot up a school? Damn, you sound as crazy as he was.

You have done this for so long you don't even realize what you are doing. It's time to send you to the bleachers. You ARE the weakest link.

I am referring to HIM and to YOU.

Wait, you’re referring to me? If so, how am I connected in any way to this issue in Texas? If not then I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.
I am not saying it's a Republican or Democratic thing. What I am saying is Politics is the reason that it can't be fixed in Texas. It just happens that the GOP is in control in Texas and hasn't taken the blame for it and blames everyone else so the problem continues. In Colorado, we have a mix and both sides owned up to it and we no longer have school shootings. After 3 back to back school shootings we had to do something fast and we did. We didn't blame any one party or look for the Federal Government to send us money. We took care of it. Yes, we still have shootings just not in our schools.

Stop blaming and start owning up and fix the damned problems.

On the one hand you say you’re not making it political and on the other you’re blaming the Texas GOP.

Forum List

Back