Two Thugs Terrorized by 13 y.o. Boy Who Caught Them Breaking into Neighbors House

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Guess this kid doesnt suffer from White Guilt

Men Traumatized After Walking Into Strange Scene At Wrong House

They went through back door and discovered they wouldn’t be chilling out any time soon.

According to the Post and Courier, the two thugs pulled up behind the small home in their silver Chevy sedan. They got out and were making entrance from a back door, when to their horror, a 13-year-old boy was standing there with his mom’s handgun. The child had been told what to do to defend himself, and without hesitation, he fired multiple shots into the intruders, three of which hit Brown’s body, sending him and his friend running for their lives. But the boy had more in store for them.

So much for chilling. It turns out the little fella wasn’t through with the punks.

The would be robbers took off, but the unnamed teen was right behind them on foot, firing several more rounds out of his mother’s Colt .45 that she kept in the house for protection. Bennett was the driver of the gangster mobile and b-lined for the nearest hospital where he dumped his friend, before blazing off and trying not to be caught in the crime, WACH reported.

WARNING: Whenever I read about someone attempting to use deadly force to stop a fleeing felon, I feel obligated to warn everyone of the possible legal consequences, including a charge of murder. The following South Carolina law applies to the use of deadly force during a home invasion or attempted invasion:

"Section 16-11-440.(A) A person is presumed to have a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to himself or another person when using deadly force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury to another person if the person:

(1) against whom the deadly force is used is in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or has unlawfully and forcibly entered a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if he removes or is attempting to remove another person against his will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

(2) who uses deadly force knows or has reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act is occurring or has occurred.”

The laws of every state permit the use of deadly force when – at the time the deadly force is used – one has a reasonable belief that deadly force is necessary to prevent death or serous bodily injury. In South Carolina and other states there is a presumption that someone who is attempting to break into your home, or has already broken into you home, intends to commit such harm. However, the law does not apply to an intruder who has broken into your home and is fleeing the scene. If the young man had shot and killed the second intruder who was running away, he would be guilty of homicide and would have no legal defense.

Even the police lack the authority to use deadly force against all fleeing suspects. In Tennessee v. Garner, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled the police can use deadly force only to prevent the escape of a “dangerous felon.” A dangerous felon is defined as a suspect who has either committed or threatened to commit death or serious bodily injury.

I hope that the young man in South Carolina is not charged with a crime, but what he did was wrong. Period.

WARNING: IF SOMEONE BREAKS INTO YOUR HOME AND IS FLEEING THE SCENE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STOP HIM WITH DEADLY FORCE.

WARNING: Whenever I read about someone attempting to use deadly force to stop a fleeing felon, I feel obligated to warn everyone of the possible legal consequences, including a charge of murder. The following South Carolina law applies to the use of deadly force during a home invasion or attempted invasion:

"Section 16-11-440.(A) A person is presumed to have a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to himself or another person when using deadly force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury to another person if the person:

(1) against whom the deadly force is used is in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or has unlawfully and forcibly entered a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if he removes or is attempting to remove another person against his will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

(2) who uses deadly force knows or has reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act is occurring or has occurred.”

The laws of every state permit the use of deadly force when – at the time the deadly force is used – one has a reasonable belief that deadly force is necessary to prevent death or serous bodily injury. In South Carolina and other states there is a presumption that someone who is attempting to break into your home, or has already broken into you home, intends to commit such harm. However, the law does not apply to an intruder who has broken into your home and is fleeing the scene. If the young man had shot and killed the second intruder who was running away, he would be guilty of homicide and would have no legal defense.

Even the police lack the authority to use deadly force against all fleeing suspects. In Tennessee v. Garner, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled the police can use deadly force only to prevent the escape of a “dangerous felon.” A dangerous felon is defined as a suspect who has either committed or threatened to commit death or serious bodily injury.

I hope that the young man in South Carolina is not charged with a crime, but what he did was wrong. Period.

WARNING: IF SOMEONE BREAKS INTO YOUR HOME AND IS FLEEING THE SCENE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STOP HIM WITH DEADLY FORCE.
That is the benefit of being 13... he will get away with it. I always like a happy ending.

This is why thugs get away with stuff. Good for the boy.

That is the benefit of being 13... he will get away with it. I always like a happy ending.

I like happy endings too and this, in my humble opinion, will be one

I am 77 years old with a JD (Juris Doctorate) and if a home invasion happened to me today I would not shoot the fleeing intruder because I know the law. While it is difficult to assess what I would have done 64 years ago, I am reasonably certain I would have done the same thing as the young man. Sometimes, common sense and a child-like sense of justice are superior to the written law. No one can ever suppose that a 13-year old knows anything about the law other than a sense of fairness and unfortunately the the intricacies of the law are not always fair.

At any rate, no one was injured other than the the idiot the young man had the right to use deadly force against. No harm, no foul. End of story. I hope.

Last edited:
Guess this kid doesnt suffer from White Guilt

Men Traumatized After Walking Into Strange Scene At Wrong House

They went through back door and discovered they wouldn’t be chilling out any time soon.

According to the Post and Courier, the two thugs pulled up behind the small home in their silver Chevy sedan. They got out and were making entrance from a back door, when to their horror, a 13-year-old boy was standing there with his mom’s handgun. The child had been told what to do to defend himself, and without hesitation, he fired multiple shots into the intruders, three of which hit Brown’s body, sending him and his friend running for their lives. But the boy had more in store for them.

So much for chilling. It turns out the little fella wasn’t through with the punks.

The would be robbers took off, but the unnamed teen was right behind them on foot, firing several more rounds out of his mother’s Colt .45 that she kept in the house for protection. Bennett was the driver of the gangster mobile and b-lined for the nearest hospital where he dumped his friend, before blazing off and trying not to be caught in the crime, WACH reported.
Good story. Next time choose a site that doesn't throw up a bunch of ads that can't be closed out while you're trying to read the story.

I like happy endings too and this, in my humble opinion, will be one

I am 77 years old with a JD (Juris Doctorate) and if a home invasion happened to me today I would not shoot the fleeing intruder because I know the law. While it is difficult to assess what I would have done 64 years ago, I am reasonable certain I would have done the same thing as the young man. Sometimes, common sense and a child-like sense of justice are superior to the written law. No one can ever suppose that a 13-year old knows anything about the law other than a sense of fairness and unfortunately the the intricacies of the law are not always fair.

At any rate, no one was injured other than the the idiot the young man had the right to use deadly force against. No harm, no foul. End of story. I hope.
Prosecutions are rare against people defending their homes and many states have Castle Doctrine laws that give home defenders additional protections against prosecution. And as far as the boy being "wrong" that's a moral judgment. I find what he did a great service to the community and to future potential victims of these thugs and so his actions were intrinsically good.

Forum List

Back