Two Good Things About SF and GB...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Maybe a bit premature but maybe not. The Seahawks don't have to think ahead about who the might play after they crush Atlanta.

They have played both teams and beaten both teams this year.

I'm wondering if SF and GB are worried about Seattle as they play each other knowing that the winner this weekend will be winning a chance at getting to play the most feared defense in the NFL next.

Maybe a bit premature but maybe not. The Seahawks don't have to think ahead about who the might play after they crush Atlanta.

I'm wondering if SF and GB are worried about Seattle as they play each other knowing that the winner this weekend will be winning a chance at getting to play the most feared defense in the NFL next.

You know they are.Seattle beat themselves earlier when they lost to the niners in San Fran.they gave that game away.Plus Wilson was playing with a handicap at that time and they are a much different team than before.Plus that idiot Harbaugh is going to make Kapernick,a player that has no playoff experience and has only started like 5 games the starter.Once he gets in the playoffs and has to face real competition,he'll choke.

I dont expect them to get past the packers.Plus the Packers know if they win,they will have to go up to Seattle again and play them and again,the Hawks are a much better team then they were when they first played them at the start of the season so you know they are worried as well.

You know they are.Seattle beat themselves earlier when they lost to the niners in San Fran.they gave that game away.Plus Wilson was playing with a handicap at that time and they are a much different team than before.Plus that idiot Harbaugh is going to make Kapernick,a player that has no playoff experience and has only started like 5 games the starter.Once he gets in the playoffs and has to face real competition,he'll choke.

I dont expect them to get past the packers.Plus the Packers know if they win,they will have to go up to Seattle again and play them and again,the Hawks are a much better team then they were when they first played them at the start of the season so you know they are worried as well.

CK had a deer in the headlights look on his face early on in the 42-17 spanking SF recieved in CenturyLink 3 weeks ago. I'm sure that game is still fresh in the 9ers minds.

Arron Rodgers has tons of playoff experience but spent a lot of his last meeting with the Hawks on his back. I don't think GB fears the Seahawks like SF does. It was a close game and Wilson was still wearing his training wheels. We won't need any hail mary's again against the Packers..but it would be fun up by 4 TDs with a minute left to do it anyway. Just for laughs and old times..:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seattle is the 5th seed and the 6th seed Vikings are gone. No matter who they play, no one is going to have to play in Seattle in these playoffs. :tongue:

Neither GB nor SF know anything of the sort. I doubt the players on either team are certain Seattle is going to go to Atlanta and win. Especially with their best pass-rusher gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if players from both teams are hopeful to face Seattle, wanting a chance at revenge for their previous losses. It might not be a good plan, but I imagine most NFL players have a lot of pride and would want to show they are the better team.

Plus they won't have to play them in Seattle. :lol:

Neither GB nor SF know anything of the sort. I doubt the players on either team are certain Seattle is going to go to Atlanta and win. Especially with their best pass-rusher gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if players from both teams are hopeful to face Seattle, wanting a chance at revenge for their previous losses. It might not be a good plan, but I imagine most NFL players have a lot of pride and would want to show they are the better team.

What is it with you guys and "playing in Seattle"? It's not like the Seahawks have some special underwear like the Mormans they wear for home games...:lol:

What is it with you guys and "playing in Seattle"? It's not like the Seahawks have some special underwear like the Mormans they wear for home games...:lol:

Every team probably prefers playing at home, and Seattle happens to be one of the harder places to play because of the noise. They have also been a far more successful home team than road team. It's just a bit of an edge.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Hawks themselves have touted how much better it is to play at home for them, the whole '12th man' thing, yadda yadda. ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure the Hawks themselves have touted how much better it is to play at home for them, the whole '12th man' thing, yadda yadda. ;)

It's weird. Ya get em two steps outta CenturyLink and they are all drinkin latte's and are the most polite people in the country. :lol:

I doubt GB is looking ahead....They've been there, done that so often that they surely know to just take one game at a time......SF?....possibly. They're a young team.

SF should be most worried about containing Clay Matthews.....If he gets to that young QB early, and unloads a couple o' snot knockers on 'em, you just may see the youngster and team go into panic mode......SF's ends are going to have their hands full, and had better come ready to play.

I doubt GB is looking ahead....They've been there, done that so often that they surely know to just take one game at a time......SF?....possibly. They're a young team.

SF should be most worried about containing Clay Matthews.....If he gets to that young QB early, and unloads a couple o' snot knockers on 'em, you just may see the youngster and team go into panic mode......SF's ends are going to have their hands full, and had better come ready to play.

After the way SF gave up points to Seattle and NE, I'm worried that, even if they should get an early lead, they won't hold onto it. Of course, Justin Smith was out for most of that, and I believe he's supposed to play against GB. His presence is extremely important for the Niner defense.

I am guessing the the Packers and 49ers are concentrating on each other this week.

Seattle played well against the 49ers, splitting their two games. In Seattle's favor, they whipped SF in their last meeting. However they lost in SF and Seattle has no more home games left. The Gulls beat the Packers on a bad ref call, but really dominated the majority of that game.

Seattle-Atlanta is in an intriguing matchup. Atlanta is a one dimensional passing team. I like Seattle in a close game, but their best pass rusher out will hurt them in this one.

Seattle is a good team on a roll right now, just not as good as your make them out to be.

I am guessing the the Packers and 49ers are concentrating on each other this week.

Seattle played well against the 49ers, splitting their two games. In Seattle's favor, they whipped SF in their last meeting. However they lost in SF and Seattle has no more home games left. The Gulls beat the Packers on a bad ref call, but really dominated the majority of that game.

Seattle-Atlanta is in an intriguing matchup. Atlanta is a one dimensional passing team. I like Seattle in a close game, but their best pass rusher out will hurt them in this one.

Seattle is a good team on a roll right now, just not as good as your make them out to be.

Is there something better than "GODS" ???

Hey Huggy,I was under the impression if Green Bay beats the niners tonight, and our Hawks win tomorrow,the packers have to go to Seattle to play them since the hawks have the better record,is that not true? if its not,thats screwed up.

Hey Huggy,I was under the impression if Green Bay beats the niners tonight, and our Hawks win tomorrow,the packers have to go to Seattle to play them since the hawks have the better record,is that not true? if its not,thats screwed up.

It's not the case. Who plays where is based on seeding, not record. The Packers, as division winners, are automatically higher seeded than the wildcard Hawks.

Seattle will not play a home game in this playoff year.

Good post.The Falcons are harmless.a month ago I would have feared the Hawks going up to Atlanta and having to win there but The Hawks have got to be licking their chops even though they have their best pass rusher out just look at the way they played in their last two games.

They almost let The Lions back into the game and make a game of it in the second half when they should have easily put a team like that away and then lost the following week to the lowly pitiful Tampa Bay Bucs.This Falcons team is no different than any other of the past four years they have had.They cant win when it counts and as usual,they will be one and done like always.

You are right though,Seattle is good.Just not as good as Huggy makes them out to be.I was on The Seahawks bandwagon after they destroyed the niners 3 weeks ago but since then,they have come out and laid an egg.How do you just barely get by the The LAMBS and give up SIX sacks at HOME no less!!! and then the following week the defense goes out and lays an egg on the first two opening possessions by the redskins allowing them to march the ball down their throuts on their two opening drives without breaking a sweat?

Huggy if the Hawks have to go up to Green Bay and play the Packers again up there,I just dont feel good about them winning there.They can ill afford to go out and lay an egg on their first two opening drives against Aaron Rodgers and The Packers in Green Bay.

That defense seems to have dissapeared again now that they are away from seattle.

Getting by the niners in San Fran wont be a problem with kapernick making his first playoff start.Like I said before,The Hawks only beat themselves in that game before earlier in san fran.The Hawks outplayed them but if they have to play the packers in Green Bay and they havent fixed their problems on defense that they had in that Redskins game,its going to be a long day for the hawks up in Green Bay.

Last edited:

It's not the case. Who plays where is based on seeding, not record. The Packers, as division winners, are automatically higher seeded than the wildcard Hawks.

Like i said,thats fucked.

Like i said,thats fucked.

If the playoffs weren't determined by divisions, what would be the point of having them?

It can be annoying (look at the Seahawks winning the division with a losing record a few years ago!) but I don't think that doing away with the divisions and just having each conference ranked by record would be better. Division rivalries are a great part of the NFL and sports in general.

as much as I love the seahawks I was not happy to see them there that year.again thats screwed up especially when a team can have a losing record like they did back then and STILL make the playoffs,thats fucked.Thank God the Hawks did not advance to the superbowl that year.That would have been embarrassing for the league to field a a team with a losing record in the superbowl.

Forum List

Back