Zone1 Two Classic Movies Are Getting “Diverse” Remakes That No One Wants

At this point, only an idiot still believes the "go woke, go broke" rightwing meme is anything other than myth.

"Woke" movies have been making Corporate America rich!

i-am-rich.gif

I have no problem with Negroes being depicted in movies like they are in real life. Street thugs, fat ass diabetes afflicted welfare queens, prison inmates, deadbeat dads, silly ass jive talking con artists, robbing 7-11s, etc.

I have no problem with Negroes being depicted in movies like they are in real life. Street thugs, fat ass diabetes afflicted welfare queens, prison inmates, deadbeat dads, silly ass jive talking con artists, robbing 7-11s, etc.
Ummm... Those aren't movies Flash... Those are documentaries...

“Woke” means many things AND nothing all at the same time.
To racist whites, who's sole purpose was to bastardize it yes, but it has an actual meaning.

Definition: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)
Source: Definition of WOKE

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
At this point, only an idiot still believes the "go woke, go broke" rightwing meme is anything other than myth.

"Woke" movies have been making Corporate America rich!

i-am-rich.gif
Wrong

It is a consistent failure and the concept loses money

There is an exception or two such as the barbie movie but overhwelmingly it is a fact not a myth

You are simply out of touch and ignorant

That's not what "woke" means.

But you already know that.

You must be a pretty pathetic white man to not have found success in America, a country that's designed and setup for the white man not to fail.
yes that is essentially what it means

The fact that millions of white men fail proves that your description of America is delusional fantasy

In fact your description is the result of woke education which is in fact indoctrination with myth

To racist whites, who's sole purpose was to bastardize it yes, but it has an actual meaning.

Definition: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)
Source: Definition of WOKE
Lol

You racist blacks come up with many funny lines.

OP, can you explain how the movie industry works?

I mean, how do the creators "know what someone wants?"
It's not the creators who make the decisions anymore, it's the bean counters that want sure things. And their sure things generally tend to fail because they don't understand what makes a good movie. One of the major things they always get wrong is that a good movie needs a strong villain and the "woke" don't understand that there is a difference between good and evil. Die Hard wouldn't have been anyway near as good without Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber. A good or great villain can carry a mediocre move like the Morgan Freeman and Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood.

It's not the creators who make the decisions anymore, it's the bean counters that want sure things. And their sure things generally tend to fail because they don't understand what makes a good movie. One of the major things they always get wrong is that a good movie needs a strong villain and the "woke" don't understand that there is a difference between good and evil. Die Hard wouldn't have been anyway near as good without Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber. A good or great villain can carry a mediocre move like the Morgan Freeman and Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood.
There's been tons of what you'd call "woke" movies that's been very profitable in recent years.

More often than not they are.

The movie and gaming industries are businesses dude, they don't just do stuff out of feelings.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Yes, the “woke” are just astute business people that are making profitable decisions based on what people want.

B5F4E60D-0E76-42D1-9B29-FA665EF04A7E.jpeg

269406F4-A0A9-4EB0-8284-BDA26C424884.jpeg

I hear they even had a black Little Mermaid

What is this country coming to?
Don‘t they know white people dont want to see blacks in roles other than maids and servants?
A mermaid is a maid. :laugh:

More whining from the racist section.

The classic movies ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’ and ‘The Wizard of Oz’ are about to get remade for the sake of “diversity” according to a director and writer currently working on the scripts.

Variety reports that Kenya Barris, creator of the show ‘Black-ish’, wants to give the 1939 Judy Garland tale, as well as the 1946 Jimmy Stewart Christmas classic, a makeover which will involve telling the stories from a “different point of a view,” with “diverse characters.”

Two Classic Movies Are Getting “Diverse” Remakes That No One Wants - modernity

They already did the black Wizard of Oz in 1978. These woke culture creators of today have zero originality. They are a parasitic culture that feeds of the host culture.

cracka slaves.jpg

Well, they've remade It's a Wonderful Life before with Marlo Thomas as the lead...

As you pointed The Wizard of OZ was already redone...

Since neither title is a story of historical significance and are purely entertainment, and since I am not the target audience, I must say that I care enough to say... I don't care... except...

For too long Hollywood has been short of fresh ideas. Hell, some people would argue that there are on seven basic plots in story telling. So why should we be surprised/concerned/upset/whatever when they decide to retell some? If some movie company thinks they can find an audience and profits in recasting and updating a movie/script, so what? Isn't that the American way? Did anyone care when The Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price) was remade into The Omega Man (Charlton Heston) and then I Am Legend (Will Smith)? I didn't think so...

Hell, there are a few movies I would love to see remade... Soylent Green & Logan's Run come to mind...

Forum List

Back