Two 12 year old arrested for killing a 15 year old in NC

It wouldn't open for me. Apparently another teen found in a lake and another murdered in GA. Gangs or what?
2 NC 12-year-olds arrested after teen shot dead behind church

the journal article
>>Two 12-year-old boys were each charged Monday with conspiracy to commit murder in Friday’s shooting death of a teenage boy, authorities said.

Winston-Salem police arrested the boys early Monday.

Investigators are not releasing any further information about the boys because they are juveniles, police Lt. Eric Montgomery said. Officers are not looking for any more suspects.

Friends and family are remembering Jose Angel Chegue Mendoza as a “good kid.” The 15-year-old was shot in an open area behind the Progressive Apostolic Church at 432 Crews St. — not far from his home — around 8:45 p.m. Friday, police said.

Mendoza, of the 3400 block of Old Greensboro Road, was shot several times, police said. He was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, where he died.

Investigators said that the shooting was not random, and they believe that the victim and shooters knew each other.

Montgomery said he didn’t know if investigators had recovered the gun used in the shooting.

The charges against the boys could be upgraded, Montgomery said. The Forsyth County District Attorney’s Office will decide whether to ask a judge if prosecutors can try the boys as adults, he said.

“We will present what we learned in our investigation to the DA’s office,” Montgomery said. “It is still early in investigation.”

Mendoza was going to be a freshman at Carver High School, something his sister said he was excited about.

In a GoFundMe page raising money for the Mendoza family, Yazlin Mendoza called Jose her “best friend” and wrote that her little brother was “excited to start high school this year.”

“He wasn’t a bad child,” she wrote. “He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

The GoFund Me page has a $2,000 goal for Jose’s funeral expenses. As of Monday night, $1,607 had been raised from 32 donors.

His middle school principal remembers Jose as a good kid, trying to do the right thing.

“I always had very positive interactions with him,” said Danyelle Parker, the former principal at Mineral Springs Middle School, where Mendoza attended school. “He was very respectful, quiet. I think he was a social butterfly. I think he talked quite a bit with his peers, but when it came to adults, he was quiet.”

Parker said that Jose had developed special relationships with several of his teachers at the school. The news of his death had shaken everyone, she said.

“People are upset,” she said. “He’s one we were rooting for.”

Deena DeShazor, his seventh-grade reading and language arts teacher, said Mendoza was one of her “special boys,” who she kept tabs on, even after he left her class.

“At his eighth-grade graduation, I told him: ‘You’re going to be great,’” she said. “I said, ‘These are going to be your best years.’”

Though he was an average student, DeShazor said he was a smart kid who did well on his end-of-grade exams. He wouldn’t always raise his hand in class, she said, but he knew the answer when she called on him. The nickname for him was “Rico Sauve,” because of his laid-back personality and good looks. She said he was quiet, respectful and a good kid.

“You couldn’t help but fall in love with him,” she said. “Jose was a special boy and I just hate that his life ended so soon because I know he was going to be phenomenal.”

Mendoza also attended Middle Fork Elementary, Ibraham Elementary and Walktertown Middle schools, according to Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.

Yazlin Mendoza said that her brother was a good person and didn’t get into trouble.

“Jose had a good heart. Didn’t mess with anyone,” she said. “Only God knows why he took my sweet brother back home.”<<

yes there is a gang problem in nc...but the gop has focused on bathroom problems that dont exist...
Politicians and investment bank types want the focus on anything but the real problems. A friend just reported in San Angelo, Texas that he just went out and replaced six broken windows from thugs who did not like the lady having a Trump sign in here yard. They threw rocks through her windows after tearing down the signs.

It wouldn't open for me. Apparently another teen found in a lake and another murdered in GA. Gangs or what?
2 NC 12-year-olds arrested after teen shot dead behind church

the journal article
>>Two 12-year-old boys were each charged Monday with conspiracy to commit murder in Friday’s shooting death of a teenage boy, authorities said.

Winston-Salem police arrested the boys early Monday.

Investigators are not releasing any further information about the boys because they are juveniles, police Lt. Eric Montgomery said. Officers are not looking for any more suspects.

Friends and family are remembering Jose Angel Chegue Mendoza as a “good kid.” The 15-year-old was shot in an open area behind the Progressive Apostolic Church at 432 Crews St. — not far from his home — around 8:45 p.m. Friday, police said.

Mendoza, of the 3400 block of Old Greensboro Road, was shot several times, police said. He was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, where he died.

Investigators said that the shooting was not random, and they believe that the victim and shooters knew each other.

Montgomery said he didn’t know if investigators had recovered the gun used in the shooting.

The charges against the boys could be upgraded, Montgomery said. The Forsyth County District Attorney’s Office will decide whether to ask a judge if prosecutors can try the boys as adults, he said.

“We will present what we learned in our investigation to the DA’s office,” Montgomery said. “It is still early in investigation.”

Mendoza was going to be a freshman at Carver High School, something his sister said he was excited about.

In a GoFundMe page raising money for the Mendoza family, Yazlin Mendoza called Jose her “best friend” and wrote that her little brother was “excited to start high school this year.”

“He wasn’t a bad child,” she wrote. “He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

The GoFund Me page has a $2,000 goal for Jose’s funeral expenses. As of Monday night, $1,607 had been raised from 32 donors.

His middle school principal remembers Jose as a good kid, trying to do the right thing.

“I always had very positive interactions with him,” said Danyelle Parker, the former principal at Mineral Springs Middle School, where Mendoza attended school. “He was very respectful, quiet. I think he was a social butterfly. I think he talked quite a bit with his peers, but when it came to adults, he was quiet.”

Parker said that Jose had developed special relationships with several of his teachers at the school. The news of his death had shaken everyone, she said.

“People are upset,” she said. “He’s one we were rooting for.”

Deena DeShazor, his seventh-grade reading and language arts teacher, said Mendoza was one of her “special boys,” who she kept tabs on, even after he left her class.

“At his eighth-grade graduation, I told him: ‘You’re going to be great,’” she said. “I said, ‘These are going to be your best years.’”

Though he was an average student, DeShazor said he was a smart kid who did well on his end-of-grade exams. He wouldn’t always raise his hand in class, she said, but he knew the answer when she called on him. The nickname for him was “Rico Sauve,” because of his laid-back personality and good looks. She said he was quiet, respectful and a good kid.

“You couldn’t help but fall in love with him,” she said. “Jose was a special boy and I just hate that his life ended so soon because I know he was going to be phenomenal.”

Mendoza also attended Middle Fork Elementary, Ibraham Elementary and Walktertown Middle schools, according to Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.

Yazlin Mendoza said that her brother was a good person and didn’t get into trouble.

“Jose had a good heart. Didn’t mess with anyone,” she said. “Only God knows why he took my sweet brother back home.”<<
Life has become cheap to so many and it is a shame.

Forum List

Back