Twitter To Censor Trump Tweets Ahead Of 2020 Election

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

What do YOU think should be done about a private business doing something?

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

They are not altering anything, they are adding a warning about the content. They are well within their rights to do so

This is too much.... all I want to know.....what will be done about this?

When enough will be enough??

WHEN?:mad-61:

When they stop acting as a platform and more like a publisher, like exercising editorial control, maybe some of their congressional exemptions should go away.

The moment they do one modification to any one of the candidates tweets they will find themselves in federal court and an injunction keeping them from making any further alterations imposed. The Moment they take "editorial control" they then will lose the freedoms they have as a private provider. The FCC could shut them down totally for this as it violates their license to operate.

Alls good til the FCC part.. They are NOT a "communication" provider.. They are simply a lewd type of noise maker....
My Bad... I thought the FCC was responsible for this area as well..

THey'd LIKE to be.. You don't want that..

I was thinking about this last night.. When leftists with power get outraged and act as censors, monitors, naggers or Santa Claus -- MOST of the time, they make horrible solutions to problems that dont exist...

This thread is a prime example of that. Twitter is just the Mother Ship of trolls and there would be no reason to pull this power trip other than -- they HATE the Troll in Chief... So what do they do? They decide to shadow ban or restrict his Tweet dissemination based on their judgement..

Which is likely anything crude, insensitive or stupid that the Prez tweets... Now think a bit about what this means. They are actually MODERATING the Prez so that the public can't SEE or react to the WORST of his Tweet fetishes... How damn stupid is that? Their doing the job that 24 people in the WH TRY to do which is to save the Prez from his trollish self...

If ANYTHING -- when the Most Powerful Troll on the planet sticks his Tweeter up his own ass and farts out something sinister or evil -- THE OPTIMUM solution would be to BROADCAST that to the WIDEST audience possible. Not try to "punish him" by restricting his Tweet reach.. The effect is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the proper response to the problem....

Censor liberal tweets the same way? Would that be too much to ask?

Yes, how about let free speech reign?

There is no free speech on a private server. I just ask that if one person is censored that all be censored the same way.

Read the statement from Twitter, they are not doing it to one person only

True.. But they are doing this BECAUSE of one person.

And the stupid morons are taking this power trip in the exact WRONG direction.. See my post above...

Alls good til the FCC part.. They are NOT a "communication" provider.. They are simply a lewd type of noise maker....

I was thinking about this last night.. When leftists with power get outraged and act as censors, monitors, naggers or Santa Claus -- MOST of the time, they make horrible solutions to problems that dont exist...

This thread is a prime example of that. Twitter is just the Mother Ship of trolls and there would be no reason to pull this power trip other than -- they HATE the Troll in Chief... So what do they do? They decide to shadow ban or restrict his Tweet dissemination based on their judgement..

Which is likely anything crude, insensitive or stupid that the Prez tweets... Now think a bit about what this means. They are actually MODERATING the Prez so that the public can't SEE or react to the WORST of his Tweet fetishes... How damn stupid is that? Their doing the job that 24 people in the WH TRY to do which is to save the Prez from his trollish self...

If ANYTHING -- when the Most Powerful Troll on the planet sticks his Tweeter up his own ass and farts out something sinister or evil -- THE OPTIMUM solution would be to BROADCAST that to the WIDEST audience possible. Not try to "punish him" by restricting his Tweet reach.. The effect is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the proper response to the problem....

I agree with that! :clap2:

Time has come to regulate social media ...... remove section 230 protections, then we'll see what happens!:thup:

Time has come to regulate social media ...... remove section 230 protections, then we'll see what happens!:thup:
Parler

Twitter will only censor tweets where Trump lies

Guess that means all of them

regulate them how?

regulate them how?

Remove section 230 protections, for a start.

Forum List

Back