Twitter Executives in Line for $100 Million Payout After Elon Musk Fired Them

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Under previously disclosed terms, CEO Parag Agrawal is likely to receive $57.4 million, including $56.4 million in equity that vests on an accelerated schedule, according to an estimate from Equilar, a compensation data and analysis company.

Departing CFO Ned Segal’s exit package is likely to total $44.5 million, including $43.8 million in accelerated equity, Equilar said.

Mr. Agrawal also would receive $1 million in cash and Mr. Segal would receive $600,000, reflecting a year’s salary apiece, a company securities filing shows. Both would also receive 12 months of health coverage, valued at $9,229 for Mr. Agrawal and $31,210 for Mr. Segal, the filing shows.

Both men are also likely to receive millions from the deal itself. Mr. Agrawal owned 128,753 Twitter shares as of late March, or about $7 million at the deal price of $54.20 a share, Twitter disclosures show. Mr. Segal owned 393,832 shares, or $21.3 million.

The two executives are also promised continued indemnification insurance for at least six years, which generally protects officers and directors from lawsuit claims related to alleged wrongdoing while managing or overseeing a company. Average prices of these insurance premiums for directors and officers in the U.S. dropped nearly 15% in the second quarter of the year, according to Aon PLC, an insurance company. As prices surged in 2020—up nearly 103% in the first three months of that year, according to Aon—Tesla Inc. briefly changed its insurance.

One thing sure... it will be the BEST 100 million Elon ever spent.

It never made sense to me. Here is a company that as I understand it, never actually ever made a profit and these guys are owed millions and millions of dollars

Blame compromised Boards full of morons and crooks.

Musk overpaid for this product, but it has endless potential. This is in spite of the executives and leaders of this company who I wouldn't allow to run a lemonade stand. It's these types of golden prachutes that hurt capitalism, investors and innovators.

It never made sense to me. Here is a company that as I understand it, never actually ever made a profit and these guys are owed millions and millions of dollars
When you have 7000 Wokesters making 100 grand a year to delete and shadowban Conservatives that's not a profitable model. Let's see if the profit picture changes when Elon kicks out the dead weight.

There is some speculation that Musk won't pay it, because I don't believe he is bound by any contract to do so, those were the terms set forth by board members before Musk bought them out. Of course, it would surely go to court if he does not pay, and there is also the bad press involved, so he will probably pay, but I don't think he has to.

Blame compromised Boards full of morons and crooks.

Musk overpaid for this product, but it has endless potential. This is in spite of the executives and leaders of this company who I wouldn't allow to run a lemonade stand. It's these types of golden prachutes that hurt capitalism, investors and innovators.

How does a company that has never made a profit pay out hundreds of millions in wages?

That's who you blame.

How does a company that has never made a profit pay out hundreds of millions in wages?

That's who you blame.
they dont make a profit because they pay their execs so much,,

in the world of business profit is optional and a choice,,, a smart owner knows how to run things and never pay income taxs,,,

Yeah, Elon is the richest man on the planet because he pisses away millions on unemployable shitstains.

Yeah, no. It's a private company now. He owns it. Outright. He's under no obligation to honor shit that they pulled out of their ass while they were running it like a country store. He ain't payin' those paki's jackshit.

1667011956603.png

Forum List

Back