Elon Musk withdrawals his bid for Twitter

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Elon Musk has pulled the plug on his $44billion Twitter takeover as he accused the firm of refusing to hand over details about the number of spam bots on its site.
The billionaire blasted the social media giant for refusing to 'comply with its contractual obligations' throughout the acquisition process.
He also claimed the company had failed to operate normally over the past two months as it froze its hiring process and fired senior staff.

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal accused of racism over tweet asking …

NEW Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal has been accused of racism over a tweet asking, "why should I distinguish between white people and racists?"

Comment:
What a shame.
I was hoping that Musk would buy Twitter and clean it up.
But, it looks like Twitter is a sham.
They are like a bot farm, with a high percentage of fake users.
They could be sued for charging too much for their advertising for their inflated number of users.
Twitter's censorship policy is an admission that the Left's backwards philosophy cannot survive any scrutiny.
Twitter's CEO is another dumb liberal racist and he should not be in that position.
Maybe Twitter can be bought at a bargain in the future.

Musk exposed Twitter
musktwitterskjnskjckcs.JPG

I hoped he'd buy it too. I use Twitter very sparingly--I haven't sent a tweet since the Dobbs decision. I don't see much utility in the app unless there is breaking news. Analysis is not well transmitted in a tweet.

I did hope he would have bought it though because My hope, as foolish as it was, was that it would give right wing lunatics one less thing to complain about and to be victimized by. They live to portray themselves as having been victimized so this would have dealt that safe house a major blow. So look for more "woe is me" from them.

Elon Musk has pulled the plug on his $44billion Twitter takeover as he accused the firm of refusing to hand over details about the number of spam bots on its site.
The billionaire blasted the social media giant for refusing to 'comply with its contractual obligations' throughout the acquisition process.
He also claimed the company had failed to operate normally over the past two months as it froze its hiring process and fired senior staff.

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal accused of racism over tweet asking …

NEW Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal has been accused of racism over a tweet asking, "why should I distinguish between white people and racists?"

Comment:
What a shame.
I was hoping that Musk would buy Twitter and clean it up.
But, it looks like Twitter is a sham.
They are like a bot farm, with a high percentage of fake users.
They could be sued for charging too much for their advertising for their inflated number of users.
Twitter's censorship policy is an admission that the Left's backwards philosophy cannot survive any scrutiny.
Twitter's CEO is another dumb liberal racist and he should not be in that position.
Maybe Twitter can be bought at a bargain in the future.

Kewl. I hope Twitter's stock takes a dump Monday.

The libs are so triggered that Elon didn't buy Twitter......

He totally owned them and exposed Twitter because Elon is so smart and powerful, like a God......

#TRUMPMUSK2024

He didn't really expose anything. His excuses have been well known for a long time.

Yes, Twitter numbers are bogus but Musk knew that going in.

Much like the Democrat's "81 million votes" in 2020.

Musk had no intention of going through with it.
He might not have a choice..an offer has been made..and Twitter is planning to hold Musk to it. Given the loss of value due to this news..he could take quite a loss! At the least he appears to be on the hook for a 1B dollar break-up fee~

Twitter Chairman Bret Taylor responded Friday that the board is still committed to the terms of the agreement
"The Twitter Board is committed to closing the transaction on the price and terms agreed upon with Mr. Musk and plans to pursue legal action to enforce the merger agreement," he said on Twitter. "We are confident we will prevail in the Delaware Court of Chancery."
Musk reached a deal to purchase the platform at $54.20 a share on April 25, after quickly becoming the largest shareholder of Twitter with a 9.2% stake.
On May 13, he said his plan to buy Twitter is "temporarily on hold," citing concerns about spam accounts. He shortly clarified that he remained "committed to acquisition," though the price of Twitter shares closed more than 9% down that same day.
Fake accounts make up less than 5% of users, Twitter stated in a public filing in May while noting that its estimation "may not accurately represent the actual number of such accounts, and the actual number of false or spam accounts could be higher than we have estimated."
Musk, a prolific Twitter user with some 100 million followers, has yet to publicly comment on his plans to end his takeover.
If he walks away from the deal, Musk could be on the hook for a $1 billion breakup fee.

Twitter stock is down about 6% in after-hours trading on Friday.

We'll be saying the same thing to you after the midterms and next presidential election. :laughing0301:

View attachment 668083
Cool.....what policies do you think the Republican house is going to pass after they win in the midterms??

A federal ban on gay marriage, declare war on Sesame Street, what??

Or do you not care about policies, just waving poms poms for politicians

Cool.....what policies do you think the Republican house is going to pass after they win in the midterms??

With that idiot sitting in the WH? Probably not much. But after 2024 and with a Republican President, you can expect policies that will give you a normalization of inflation and CPI rates, an end to this recession, your retirement accounts increasing in value, the price of oil dropping back down, far lower gasoline prices, no more dependence on Venezuela and the Saudis for oil, no more shortages or supply line disruptions, millions of illegals high-tailing it back over the border, solutions to the epidemic of crime and drugs, no more dishonorable withdrawals like we did from Afghanistan, a strengthened military, fixing the trade imbalance with China, Iran's nuclear program ended for good, North Korea minding their damned manners, and Russia deciding that their war in Ukraine isn't really worth it.

As the system treat people like shit who have followed the rules than the quality of production is reduced. This is not the union ways after WW 2 and for a few decades after. And there are corrupted unions now that give back little compared to cost. America must die and you are accomplishing it.

With that idiot sitting in the WH? Probably not much. But after 2024 and with a Republican President, you can expect policies that will give you a normalization of inflation and CPI rates, an end to this recession, your retirement accounts increasing in value, the price of oil dropping back down, far lower gasoline prices, no more dependence on Venezuela and the Saudis for oil, no more shortages or supply line disruptions, millions of illegals high-tailing it back over the border, solutions to the epidemic of crime and drugs, no more dishonorable withdrawals like we did from Afghanistan, a strengthened military, fixing the trade imbalance with China, Iran's nuclear program ended for good, North Korea minding their damned manners, and Russia deciding that their war in Ukraine isn't really worth it.
So..you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well eh?

Forum List

Back