Twitter Bans Alex Jones Permanently

Which has what to do with 'freedom of speech' exactly?

Well, in Zuck's case, he A Four Person NATO-Funded Team which Advises Facebook On Flagging 'Propaganda'

That, of course, is headed by a former National Security Council advisor for the last four years of the Obama administration, Graham Brookie, who is also its founder. This is no irony.

It was predictable that he'd seek government regulation because the platform already serves as a government propaganda mouth piece.

And the CEO of Twitter testified before Congress today. Can you cite him asking for the government to regulate Twitter?

Well, it's no irony that he's pulling a Zuck move. And no irony that as soon as he does, Jones gets banned.

It's the process that reflects what is going on. Not words.
So you admit you really never heard of them asking for regulation from the government then?

Twitter has permanently banned accounts for conservative radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars from the platform, the company said Thursday.

The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube.

Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days.

Twitter bans Alex Jones — permanently

I have to admit, I didn't see this coming.

Jones has been particularly.....unhinged, of late. His confrontation with Rubio was especially unbalanced.

His exchange today with the reporter from CNN was worse.

Do tell! Are you referring to his 'interview' with Oliver Darcy?

My mistake, it was yesterday:

Bravo to Alex for calling out that CNN punk.

What is systematically happening is that the government is gradually using companies to help them infringe liberties.

We have corporate gun control in the form of the companies echoing the government's anti-2nd crusade. This has been rather mainstream.

It should be of no surprise that companies would be used by the feds to popularize the destruction of other liberties like speech.

and it should be no surprise tha tthese companies are happy to oblige. They benefit from regulation.

It's a process of continuous decline.

So you admit you really never heard of them asking for regulation from the government then?

History speaks for itself. It's what always happens when a company wants to be regulated. And, of course, as always, they end up penning their own regulation while the feds get what they want out of the deal. Usually another anti-liberty piece of legislation. Actually, it's always another piece of anti-liberty legislation.

Twitter has permanently banned accounts for conservative radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars from the platform, the company said Thursday.

The accounts violated the company's abusive behavior policies, Twitter said in a series of tweets. The ban comes weeks after Jones was banned or suspended by other major tech companies like Apple, Facebook and YouTube.

Twitter had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Jones, saying the accounts had not violated community guidelines, but later suspended him for a period of seven days.

I for one am glad to hear Twitter BANNED Alex Jones; he is an abusive jackazz.
He is also one of those 'birther' jackazzes, like Trump.
Come to think of it, Trump is extremely abusive on Twitter; even makes threats on Twitter.
I hope Twitter will also ban that jackazz Trump.
Most web sites do NOT allow people to make threats.
WHY is Twitter still allowing the 'Jackazz In Chief' to continue to abuse Twitter for a venue for Trump's threats?

History speaks for itself. It's what always happens when a company wants to be regulated. And, of course, as always, they end up penning their own regulation while the feds get what they want out of the deal. Usually another anti-liberty piece of legislation. Actually, it's always another piece of anti-liberty legislation.
Youre dodging the question but thats pretty much what I expected you to do. Thanks for playing.

This is so odd. Trump supporters scream about how they want less government regulation... like the EPA, but now all of a sudden want to regulate the fuck out of companies like Twitter, Facebook, and Google.

Which has what to do with 'freedom of speech' exactly?

Well, in Zuck's case, he A Four Person NATO-Funded Team which Advises Facebook On Flagging 'Propaganda'

Freedom of speech has to do with government infringment of rights. You're citing a private think tank doing business with a private company.

So where is the 'government' in 'government infringment of rights'?

And the CEO of Twitter testified before Congress today. Can you cite him asking for the government to regulate Twitter?

Well, it's no irony that he's pulling a Zuck move. And no irony that as soon as he does, Jones gets banned.

Yeah, saying 'no irony' over and over isn't a quote of the CEO of Twitter asking Congress to regulate Twitter when giving testimony today.

Can you show us this citation? Or will you admit that it doesn't exist?

This is so odd. Trump supporters scream about how they want less government regulation... like the EPA, but now all of a sudden want to regulate the fuck out of companies like Twitter, Facebook, and Google.

Trump's supporters are just as brain dead as Trump is; they scream & shout shit & they don't even know WTF they are screaming.

Better wake up, it can go the other way once you let it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is systematically happening is that the government is gradually using companies to help them infringe liberties.

You haven't cited any government entity yet. You've cited a private think tank that is voluntarily doing business with a private company.

There's no 'government' in your 'government is gradually using companies to help them infringe liberties'. There are just private groups and private companies in everything you've cited.

It should be of no surprise that companies would be used by the feds to popularize the destruction of other liberties like speech.

So the Trump administration made Facebook ban Alex Jones? As the examples you cited were from this year. And the government in power is the Trump administration.

Again, your argument is a disjointed mess.

Better wake up, it can go the other way once you let it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if it does......it has nothing to do with freedom of speech. As freedom of speech is the freedom from government infringement.

And facebook isn't the government.

I'm not particularly trying to make an argument.

I'm just telling you how things are gonna go down. The difference between you and I is that in the end, I'll have been proven correct in my assessment.

History is on my side. I know what happens when industry comes to Washington in search of regulation. And I know what happens when the federal government obliges them. :)

In the end, the result is always another piece of anti-liberty legislation. Always bipartisan, of course. This time will be no different than any of the other times.

Unfortunately, the people will love them for it. They always do.

More government is not the answer, however. Too much government is the problem.

Last edited:

Jones has been particularly.....unhinged, of late. His confrontation with Rubio was especially unbalanced.

See? This is what passes for good behavior with Alt-Righties, Trumpanzees and INCELs now.

I'm just telling you how things are gonna go down. The difference between you and I is that in the end, I'll have been proven correct in my assessment.

History is on my side. I know what happens when industry comes to Washington in search of regulation. And I know what happens when the federal government obliges them. :)

In the end, the result is always another piece of anti-liberty legislation. Always bipartisan, of course. This time will be no different than any of the other times.

Unfortunately, the people will love them for it. They always do.

More government is not the answer, however. Too much government is the problem.

So why do you guys want to regulate Facebook?

See? This is what passes for good behavior with Alt-Righties, Trumpanzees and INCELs now.

Yup. Civil protest against un-Americans. He didn’t yell or attack him, he simply let him know what his opinion of him was.

I kinda got that impression by the way you rambled through half a dozen irrelevant topics.

Or how you imagine its going to go down. As nothing you've cited actually involves government. Every example you've cited is private organization and private organization.

There's no 'government' in 'government infringement of rights'. Which is what freedom of speech actually protects against.

History is on my side. I know what happens when industry comes to Washington in search of regulation. And I know what happens when the federal government obliges them.

Again, 'regulation' is so vague as to almost be meaningless. When I ask you to show me what regulation you're speaking of specifically, or cite specific examples of how said regulation would affect freedom of speech...

......you start talking about 2nd amendment rights. Or cite examples that have nothing to do with government.

Without any insult intended, it sounds like you haven't quite figured out your own position. Like you're using these boards as a way of fleshing it out. Because I get the impression there's a cohesive argument in there somewhere. But for the life of me, I can't yet see it.

Forum List

Back