Turning Points In Life

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Have you ever done something that was so unexpected and alien to your beliefs that you shocked yourself? I'm talking about something that made you sit back an re-evaluate what you were truly capable of.

I think Christian people do it all the time......

Mostly, I have tried stuff I thought I would never do but it was not life changing, only disappointing because most things as you imagine them are never as good as they turn out to be in reality....

Can someone give a specific example? I guess other than a belief in God (which I even doubt at time or at least my commitment) I don't have many beliefs that I cling to.

I suppose I subscribe to the say about life....

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing......

All I have to hold on to is a belief in God and that there is a beautiful ending.......

Can someone give a specific example? I guess other than a belief in God (which I even doubt at time or at least my commitment) I don't have many beliefs that I cling to.
That pretty much fits what I was asking for. Something life altering.

I used to be a common bitch.
Filthy mouth
No moral compass
As long as I had a job, the bare minimum and was able to do what I wanted, I was happy.
I never cared what others thought
I lived for myself, and, thought when I died that was it. Game over.
I was happy thinking that and doing what I wanted.

Then, I ran into God.
I became a different person, but, I feel caged.
The things I enjoyed will not longer be options as I get older
So I wonder

a lot of people don't seem to want to be "real" here ....
not sure if it's for lack of want to or maybe they just don't think on that deep a level....
Maybe they don't want to....

I find what the mind thinks, how the person feels, the unspoken lovelies and uglies of people to be fascinating.
Like hidden treasure
Untapped resources....

Much to be learned..... we may find we are all much more similar than we think.....

Last edited:
not sure if it's for lack of want to or maybe they just don't think on that deep a level....

I find what the mind things, how the person feels, the unspoken lovelies and uglies of people to be fascinating.
Like hidden treasure
Untapped resources....

Much to be learned..... we may find we are all much more similar than we think.....
I think most people are preoccupied with getting their point across on different issues. Every now and then someone reveals something about themselves that intrigues or surprised me. Even the people I think are buffoons.

I find what the mind things, how the person feels, the unspoken lovelies and uglies of people to be fascinating.
Like hidden treasure
Untapped resources....

I think most people are preoccupied with getting their point across on different issues. Every now and then someone reveals something about themselves that intrigues or surprised me. Even the people I think are buffoons.

Message board are set up for that.
Debate. Confrontation.
I don't mind that if it can remain civil and logical, and people can admit when someone else has a point, or, that they just don't know .... but egos get in the way and decent interesting conversation (one you can actually learn from) is a rarity - but it does happen from time to time, you are right you just have to be patient.... and keep on reading.... sometimes, between the lines.....

Like hidden treasure
Untapped resources....

Message board are set up for that.
Debate. Confrontation.
I don't mind that if it can remain civil and logical, and people can admit when someone else has a point, or, that they just don't know .... but egos get in the way and decent interesting conversation (one you can actually learn from) is a rarity - but it does happen from time to time, you are right you just have to be patient.... and keep on reading.... sometimes, between the lines.....
I find it highly entertaining. People let some of the best things slip when they are heated. :laugh:

Always best to not let anyone get to you.....
Or at least, not let them know it .... ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back