ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Turkish Leader Says Russian Arms Found on Syrian Jetliner
By ELLEN BARRY, ANNE BARNARD and SEBNEM ARSU
Published: October 11, 2012 125 Comments
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/world/middleeast/syria.html?_r=0

MOSCOW — Escalating a confrontation with Russia, Turkey’s prime minister said Thursday that Russian military equipment and munitions bound for Syria’s Defense Ministry had been confiscated from a Syrian civilian jetliner on a Moscow-to-Damascus flight, which was forced to land in Ankara on suspicion of illicitly carrying war material.

The accusation by the prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, also inflamed Turkey’s already difficult relationship with Syria, where a 19-month-old uprising against President Bashar al-Assad has expanded into a civil war that is threatening the stability of the Middle East.

Mr. Erdogan’s accusation, reported by Turkey’s semiofficial Anatolian News Agency, came only hours after the Russian Foreign Ministry accused the Turks of illegally searching the plane and demanded an explanation. A leading Russian arms export company denied that military equipment from Russia could have been aboard.

I could see if NATO jumps in with Turkey that Russia joins Syria, Iran. This would be a very bad event in human history.

It's possible that within the next year that. I won't say it.

MOSCOW — Escalating a confrontation with Russia, Turkey’s prime minister said Thursday that Russian military equipment and munitions bound for Syria’s Defense Ministry had been confiscated from a Syrian civilian jetliner on a Moscow-to-Damascus flight, which was forced to land in Ankara on suspicion of illicitly carrying war material.

The accusation by the prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, also inflamed Turkey’s already difficult relationship with Syria, where a 19-month-old uprising against President Bashar al-Assad has expanded into a civil war that is threatening the stability of the Middle East.

Mr. Erdogan’s accusation, reported by Turkey’s semiofficial Anatolian News Agency, came only hours after the Russian Foreign Ministry accused the Turks of illegally searching the plane and demanded an explanation. A leading Russian arms export company denied that military equipment from Russia could have been aboard.

I could see if NATO jumps in with Turkey that Russia joins Syria, Iran. This would be a very bad event in human history.

You know this was previewed in the Book of Revelation, right?

It would be a good opportunity to show the world how easily a few front line Russian combat divisions could be decimated.

Forum List

Back