TSA threatens fine if man leaves airport

And you'd be the first bitch to bitch about it if somebody like Reid was successful and blowing up an airliner.

You claim to be a libertarian, but you have the hallmarks of a conservative - bitch and moan, but offer no alternatives. but "no!"...

Did the TSA stop Reid? I thought he managed to get on the plane, and was only stopped because his fellow passengers, civilians, stopped him. why do people insist on giving the government credit for something it had nothing to do with?

I didn't know the TSA had folk on the ground in London...

I wasn't aware that I could keep my shoes on unless I am flying out of London.

Last time I flew, the person who was examining me was a beautiful woman.

She thought she'd found a pipe bomb in my pants.

Did the TSA stop Reid? I thought he managed to get on the plane, and was only stopped because his fellow passengers, civilians, stopped him. why do people insist on giving the government credit for something it had nothing to do with?

Strawman....you are arguing that the TSA didn't stop Reid. They never had the opportunity to...he flew in from London...

What about the thousands of dead from other airline disasters? Are all of those a matter of national security also? If not, why not?

What other airline disasters involved US air carriers in US airspace manned by terrorists who flew planes in buildings?

Can't answer my question, so you come up with one of your own? I seem to vaguely recall a rumor about some plane going down because a bomb was placed on it a few years ago. Why didn't we react with demands that no cargo or luggage be placed on airliners flying with passengers, and that all cargo planes be routed over non populated areas to protect national security? Were people smarter back then, or smarter now?

Strawman....you are arguing that the TSA didn't stop Reid. They never had the opportunity to...he flew in from London...

That, Dr, is where you are wrong. The TSA is responsible for security on all flights that originate, or terminate, in the US. Why do you think foreign nations are starting to complain about the new requirements to pass everyone through these new scanners.

Tell me again how the TSA keeps us safe from terrorists like Reid. Better yet, tell me how it is not their job.

That, Dr, is where you are wrong. The TSA is responsible for security on all flights that originate, or terminate, in the US. Why do you think foreign nations are starting to complain about the new requirements to pass everyone through these new scanners.

Tell me again how the TSA keeps us safe from terrorists like Reid. Better yet, tell me how it is not their job.

where are you getting your information?

because you're really a world of mis/disinformation.

Yeah because airlines can be trusted to make sure the right people are chosen, right? They don't worry about bottom line profit and therefore scimp on security, right?
Right...And they have every motivation to have the reputation for allowing miscreants to murder their customers and destroy their airliners. :rolleyes:

No, but they are a business first and foremost. When they are building airplanes with less leg room, cutting back to serve crappy food, charging for things that used to be free, then it suggests to me that budgets are always looking to be trimmed...

Or maybe less people are flying because they don't want to be harassed by the TSA so to stay in business the Airlines have to start charging for services that used to be free and cutting costs in other ways.

if you recall, they also never had people remove their shoes until after the shoe bombing attempt.

like the military "always fights the last war", security is always looking for the last breach.

if you recall, they also never had people remove their shoes until after the shoe bombing attempt.

like the military "always fights the last war", security is always looking for the last breach.

Then do we have to take off our underwear and put it in the bin? :lol:

Can't answer my question, so you come up with one of your own? I seem to vaguely recall a rumor about some plane going down because a bomb was placed on it a few years ago. Why didn't we react with demands that no cargo or luggage be placed on airliners flying with passengers, and that all cargo planes be routed over non populated areas to protect national security? Were people smarter back then, or smarter now?

Not answer your question because it is a non-sequetir...we're talking about checking people who could possibly blow up an airliner before they get on board, which is what this thread is about. How many other aeroplance crashes have their been involving US nationals? Planes crash quite frequently....usually due to human error, not human purposefulness....

So there are TSA staff at Heathrow? Yes or no. If the answer is no, then your assertion is superfluous and disingenuous to say the least...

where are you getting your information?

because you're really a world of mis/disinformation.

Are you trying to tell me the TSA does not regulate flights into the US? That they do not require passengers on those flights to go through screenings and background checks?

Not answer your question because it is a non-sequetir...we're talking about checking people who could possibly blow up an airliner before they get on board, which is what this thread is about. How many other aeroplance crashes have their been involving US nationals? Planes crash quite frequently....usually due to human error, not human purposefulness....

Why wasn't it an issue of national security after Libya bombed that Pan AM flight? Why wasn't it an issue of national security when planes were being hijacked, and Marines killed on board those flights? Is my question a problem just because it exposes the holes in your argument?

So there are TSA staff at Heathrow? Yes or no. If the answer is no, then your assertion is superfluous and disingenuous to say the least...

The TSA wrote the regulations that the screeners at Heathrow followed. If I am being disingenuous by pointing out the truth then what does that make you?

Then do we have to take off our underwear and put it in the bin? :lol:

Only you. :tongue: :razz: :clap2:

Forum List

Back