TSA threatens fine if man leaves airport

So a terrorist can walk up to a checkpoint and see if he can sneak through. Once he sees he is going to be frisked he stops them and walks away? No checkpoint works like that....try it at a drunk driving checkpoint

Exactly right... but they are going to talk trash day after day after day....

the process starts, it has to be completed. someone can't just walk away if they think they're going to get caught.

Here's a thought, abolish the TSA and allow the airlines to provide their own security. Private security guards on the plane perhaps, or allow the pilots to be armed.
It isn't the job of a commercial airline to provide national security.

It's not national security. It's the security of the aircraft. If mass transit of any sort was a matter of national security then we'd be strip searched before boarding a bus or train or cruise ship. In fact we've seen that one can rent a truck and kill hundreds of people yet only on airplanes are we subjected to being groped in the name of security.

really? protecting airliners isn't a matter of national security?

i think there are about 3,000 dead folk and their families and friends, etc., who might disagree

For crying out loud people....can't you see what is going on

The TSA tried to provide non-intrusive searches. The terrorists saw this as a weakness and devised an underwear bomb. If you are going to stop the search at certain "private" zones of the body...that is where they will hide the bomb

The TSA tried to provide non-intrusive searches. The terrorists saw this as a weakness and devised an underwear bomb. If you are going to stop the search at certain "private" zones of the body...that is where they will hide the bomb

you understand they don't care, right?

As soon as we have an incident because the TSA wasn't thorough enough in their screenings, we will have a hundred threads whining about how they are not keeping us safe.

The checkpoints are there. You have a choice of method. If you do not like either method, you are free to seek other means of transportation

As soon as we have an incident because the TSA wasn't thorough enough in their screenings, we will have a hundred threads whining about how they are not keeping us safe.

The checkpoints are there. You have a choice of method. If you do not like either method, you are free to seek other means of transportation

Hmmm... let's reword that just for shits and giggles...

As soon as we have an incident because the NSA wasn't thorough enough in their wire taps, we will have a hundred threads whining about how they are not keeping us safe.

The technology is there. You have a choice of method. If you do not like either method, you are free to seek other means of communication.

And you'd be the first bitch to bitch about it if somebody like Reid was successful and blowing up an airliner.

You claim to be a libertarian, but you have the hallmarks of a conservative - bitch and moan, but offer no alternatives. but "no!"...

Here's a thought, abolish the TSA and allow the airlines to provide their own security. Private security guards on the plane perhaps, or allow the pilots to be armed.

That rationale can apply to anything. We should have armed-bureaucrats waiting to molest us at every single public place we go if it's not up to private businesses to provide their own security. Take the mall for example, especially around this time of year. I went the other day and was not fondled by a single government employee. That's dangerous.

One thing's for certain: "Don't Touch My Junk" is now part of the popular lexicon in response to overreaching Big Government.

That rationale can apply to anything. We should have armed-bureaucrats waiting to molest us at every single public place we go if it's not up to private businesses to provide their own security. Take the mall for example, especially around this time of year. I went the other day and was not fondled by a single government employee. That's dangerous.

Do you think private security guards would not have to scan or frisk you?

How do you propose they keep the bombs off the planes?

Armed pilots? :eek:

I don't think they'd have to look at naked pictures of me or molest me before I could board an airplane.

What's wrong with an armed pilot?

So we now have more extensive security measures. Don't like it ...stay home

You bought a ticket...nobody forced you. One of the conditions of that ticket is you have to pass security checkpoints

The guy didn't like it, tried to leave, which even you will admit is a perfectly legitimate option, and got threatened with a fine. I suppose you think that is a good idea now since the government thinks it is.

So a terrorist can walk up to a checkpoint and see if he can sneak through. Once he sees he is going to be frisked he stops them and walks away? No checkpoint works like that....try it at a drunk driving checkpoint

Thank you for admitting this is not about searching people who choose to fly, it is actually about government intrusion into people's lives, decimating the Constitution, and petty politics.

By the way, the courts have ruled repeatedly that checkpoints have to be avoidable to be legal. In other words, you cannot force a person to be searched simply because he is somewhere, and a simple avoidance of a search is not probable cause to search someone. I will admit that cops routinely ignore the law in this area, but it does not make it legal.

Exactly right... but they are going to talk trash day after day after day....

the process starts, it has to be completed. someone can't just walk away if they think they're going to get caught.

I thought you knew something about law. What part of the Constitution, or even case law, makes it illegal for a person to change his mind? In this particular instance the guy was perfectly happy to go through screening, and made an effort to avoid going through a procedure that he believes is hazardous to his health. When he was pulled out of the line for the metal detector he refused to go through the scanner, which the TSA says is perfectly acceptable. He then told the guy searching him that if he was sexually assaulted he would press charges.

What part of this do you think he was wrong about?

It's not national security. It's the security of the aircraft. If mass transit of any sort was a matter of national security then we'd be strip searched before boarding a bus or train or cruise ship. In fact we've seen that one can rent a truck and kill hundreds of people yet only on airplanes are we subjected to being groped in the name of security.

really? protecting airliners isn't a matter of national security?

i think there are about 3,000 dead folk and their families and friends, etc., who might disagree

What about the thousands of dead from other airline disasters? Are all of those a matter of national security also? If not, why not?

They saw it as a weakness?

Let me give you a timeline on how the AIT scanners were deployed. After the DHS was formed security companies went to Congress and lobbied to sell these things to the US government. Michael Chertoff approved the purchase of the AIT scanners using a process that raised some ire because it was a no bid contract. There have been serious cost overruns and delays since the contract was fist inked, but the DHS, as is normal for government contracts, kept paying for something they had already paid for. Now we are finally getting these scanners, which were developed before terrorists supposedly saw weaknesses in our system, and will do nothing to detect the liquid explosives that you think are designed to get past those weaknesses.

Tell me again why I should go along with this.

I care. I just care more about other things.

I don't think they'd have to look at naked pictures of me or molest me before I could board an airplane.

What's wrong with an armed pilot?

He might hijack the plane.

tell what American city did the jock strap jihadist fly out of?

OOOH that's right he boarded the plane in another country. So tell me why are we subjecting John Smith, his wife and teenage daughters to an intimate groping to fly from Miami to LA???

The problem is that here in America we have adopted an everyone or no one philosophy. In order to increase security we have to treat everyone like a fucking terrorist because we can offend no one.

The security measures we have taken are inefficient and costly. Rather than spending limited resources on methods to catch people who are actually a threat we have to grope grandma so as not to offend a fucking terrorist.

We should be copying Israeli security protocols because they are proven to work.

I don't....The assholes signed up to be tools of the bureaucracy.

And you'd be the first bitch to bitch about it if somebody like Reid was successful and blowing up an airliner.

You claim to be a libertarian, but you have the hallmarks of a conservative - bitch and moan, but offer no alternatives. but "no!"...

Did the TSA stop Reid? I thought he managed to get on the plane, and was only stopped because his fellow passengers, civilians, stopped him. why do people insist on giving the government credit for something it had nothing to do with?

I didn't know the TSA had folk on the ground in London...

Yeah because airlines can be trusted to make sure the right people are chosen, right? They don't worry about bottom line profit and therefore scimp on security, right?
Right...And they have every motivation to have the reputation for allowing miscreants to murder their customers and destroy their airliners. :rolleyes:

No, but they are a business first and foremost. When they are building airplanes with less leg room, cutting back to serve crappy food, charging for things that used to be free, then it suggests to me that budgets are always looking to be trimmed...

Forum List

Back