TSA threatens fine if man leaves airport

Do you feel the same about those that join the military?
Irrelevant non sequitur.

Even you aren't that stupid.
Not. Public service in both cases and in both cases to prevent harm to Americans.

Why are you afraid to answer the quesiton?

:eusa_eh:
Bullshit.

When fatass Thugs Standing Around goobers put themselves through months of basic training, tech school, then agree to be sent to the four corners of the Earth, on whatever caprice the chain of command decides, to get their asses shot protecting someone else's dirt, then you might have half an argument.

But all you have is a non sequitur popcorn fart of a non-argument.

It would have been nice if you all bitched about this back in 2003.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. The TSA was originally organized in the U.S. Department of Transportation but was moved to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003. The agency is responsible for security in all modes of transportation.[1]
wikipedia

I wouldn't want to touch that guy's junk...shudder...I feel sorry for the TSA employees that have to do the pat downs.

This seems the appropriate post to respond to with this:

TSA Opt-Out Day, Now with a Superfantastic New Twist! - Jeffrey Goldberg - National - The Atlantic

TSA Opt-Out Day, Now with a Superfantastic New Twist!
By Jeffrey Goldberg

November 24th, as many of you already know, is National Opt-Out Day, when airline passengers should refuse to submit themselves to those privacy-invading, genital-picture-taking, radiation-delivering back-scatter imaging machines now installed at many American airports. By telling the TSA agents in charge that you "opt-out" out of the back-scatter (at which point, the TSA agents, if my experience is typical, will yell, "We got an opt-out!," causing everyone standing on the TSA Checkpoint Coiled Line of Death to look at you funny), you will be subjecting yourself to a fairly thorough frisking, as detailed in this post. But I believe that opting-out saves you exposure to radiation, and allows a federal government employee to share in your humiliation (while on the one hand -- or in both hands, as the case may be -- your genitals are being groped by a low-paid federal government employee, it is no great pleasure -- and certainly no elevating spiritual experience -- to be the one who frisks people's crotches in an airport, which is why I hope National Opt-Out Day causes hardworking TSA employees to tell their bosses, "Enough.")

By the way, it is the official position of Goldblog that everyday is opt-out day. There's no need to wait until November 24th. But come November 24th, here's an idea you might try to make the day extra-special. It's a one-word idea: Kilts. Think about it -- if you're a male, and you want to bollix-up the nonsensical airport security-industrial complex, one way to do so would be to wear a kilt. If nothing else, this will cause TSA employees to throw up their hands in disgust. If you want to go the extra extra mile, I suggest commando-style kilt-wearing. While it is probably illegal to fly without pants, I can't imagine that it's illegal to fly without underpants. I If you are Scottish, or part Scottish, or know someone who is Scottish, or eat Scottish salmon, or enjoy Scotch, or have a vestigial affection for "Braveheart" despite Mel Gibson, you can plausibly claim some sort of multicultural diversity privilege -- the term "True Scotsman" refers to soldiers who honor their tradition and heritage by wearing kilts without drawers underneath. (This photo illustrates the possible consequences of the "True Scotsman" kilt-wearing very well.) ...

288zigh.png

Irrelevant non sequitur.

Even you aren't that stupid.
Not. Public service in both cases and in both cases to prevent harm to Americans.

Bullshit.

When fatass Thugs Standing Around goobers put themselves through months of basic training, tech school, then agree to be sent to the four corners of the Earth, on whatever caprice the chain of command decides, to get their asses shot protecting someone else's dirt, then you might have half an argument.

mmmkay...I don't see any difference, myself. Security is always putting themselves on the line. There is no real difference in the two.

Except that the TSA is reviled and the military is applauded.

I wouldn't want to touch that guy's junk...shudder...I feel sorry for the TSA employees that have to do the pat downs.
I don't....The assholes signed up to be tools of the bureaucracy.

And you'd be the first bitch to bitch about it if somebody like Reid was successful and blowing up an airliner.

You claim to be a libertarian, but you have the hallmarks of a conservative - bitch and moan, but offer no alternatives. but "no!"...

Here's a thought, abolish the TSA and allow the airlines to provide their own security. Private security guards on the plane perhaps, or allow the pilots to be armed.

The guy came in for the sole purpose of creating an incident and taping it.

Hey...welcome to the 21st century

We have assholes trying to smuggle explosives on aircraft. If you don't want to deal with the TSA, then you don't have to fly. You can't complain about terrorism and then whine when security applies to you

Here's a thought, abolish the TSA and allow the airlines to provide their own security. Private security guards on the plane perhaps, or allow the pilots to be armed.

Yeah because airlines can be trusted to make sure the right people are chosen, right? They don't worry about bottom line profit and therefore scimp on security, right?

Yeah because airlines can be trusted to make sure the right people are chosen, right? They don't worry about bottom line profit and therefore scimp on security, right?
Right...And they have every motivation to have the reputation for allowing miscreants to murder their customers and destroy their airliners. :rolleyes:

It would have been nice if you all bitched about this back in 2003.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. The TSA was originally organized in the U.S. Department of Transportation but was moved to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003. The agency is responsible for security in all modes of transportation.[1]
wikipedia

Pretty sure I did. I used to fly all the time, and I haven't been on a plane since the TSA was created. I do not plan on getting on one until they are completely defunct.

And you'd be the first bitch to bitch about it if somebody like Reid was successful and blowing up an airliner.

You claim to be a libertarian, but you have the hallmarks of a conservative - bitch and moan, but offer no alternatives. but "no!"...

Did the TSA stop Reid? I thought he managed to get on the plane, and was only stopped because his fellow passengers, civilians, stopped him. why do people insist on giving the government credit for something it had nothing to do with?

Yeah...Well, I can't remember a single leftist standing up in protest when the Department of Fatherland Security, Thugs Standing Around and the USAPATRIOT Act were foisted upon Americans.

Hell, new that they're under a regime with a (D) by its name, they're even acting as apologists for them!

Where are the ALCU and all the other dour defenders of civil liberties?

Christ, you must have been living under a rock. The messageboard I was on at the time (CNN and another called the People's Forum), the conservatives were calling the liberals and libertarians who were against the act 'Anti-Americans' and they were 'terrorists supporters' and all sorts of things. To be fair, it was not long after 9-11 and emotions were high.

Just remember under whose watch the bill was passed...

Obama just signed a renewal.

Just saying.

Bullshit.

mmmkay...I don't see any difference, myself. Security is always putting themselves on the line. There is no real difference in the two.

Except that the TSA is reviled and the military is applauded.

Are you trying to claim that the TSA is in danger that makes them the equivelent of the military or the police? :confused::cuckoo:

We have assholes trying to smuggle explosives on aircraft. If you don't want to deal with the TSA, then you don't have to fly. You can't complain about terrorism and then whine when security applies to you

So what?

So what?

So we now have more extensive security measures. Don't like it ...stay home

You bought a ticket...nobody forced you. One of the conditions of that ticket is you have to pass security checkpoints

Last edited:

So what?

You bought a ticket...nobody forced you. One of the conditions of that ticket is you have to pass security checkpoints

The guy didn't like it, tried to leave, which even you will admit is a perfectly legitimate option, and got threatened with a fine. I suppose you think that is a good idea now since the government thinks it is.

The fact that they're profit-driven is evidence that they would supply adequate security. Can't run a successful business if your customers are being killed.

It isn't the job of a commercial airline to provide national security.

It isn't the job of a commercial airline to provide national security.

It's not national security. It's the security of the aircraft. If mass transit of any sort was a matter of national security then we'd be strip searched before boarding a bus or train or cruise ship. In fact we've seen that one can rent a truck and kill hundreds of people yet only on airplanes are we subjected to being groped in the name of security.

The guy didn't like it, tried to leave, which even you will admit is a perfectly legitimate option, and got threatened with a fine. I suppose you think that is a good idea now since the government thinks it is.

So a terrorist can walk up to a checkpoint and see if he can sneak through. Once he sees he is going to be frisked he stops them and walks away? No checkpoint works like that....try it at a drunk driving checkpoint

Forum List

Back