‘Try walking on the street, and don’t move aside for the white people’

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
First off, why are we referring to Asians as 'people of color'?

Aside from that I've watched this woman's video, and I'll be damned if I can figure out what the fuck her problem is. She seems aghast over the fact that people (white people I guess) don't immediately roll the red carpet out for her.
What a bunch of ridiculous bullshit. Probably another video created "outrage" to get clicks and views.

‘Try walking on the street, and don’t move aside for the white people’: Woman of color refuses to move for white people on sidewalk in viral video​

'STAND YOUR GROUND! Put the shoulder into it!'​

A woman of color on TikTok shared a video of herself refusing to move for white people while walking on a sidewalk. What happened was a shock to viewers.
The woman, known as Katie Grace Jacobs (@katiegracejacobs) shared the video as a stitch to another TikToker’s (@oliviachow69) advice. The latter TikToker shared a viral video advising people of color, especially women, to refuse to move for white people when walking and see how many of them move out of the way.

Jacobs decided to try it, saying she’d never noticed that many white people don’t move for others. In her video, she covers her mouth, then gasps and laughs.

The TikToker walks down a sidewalk and has to navigate between other people who refused to move for her. She appears to bump into people as a result several times.

Is the video for the sight impaired?

OIP._Por1HuWgO3eTkJtLVMQNgHaF6

I dont get it

isnt it just as rude for the lib bitch to force whites to go around her as it would be for whites to do the same thing?

I'm aware of this game. Black people play it all the time--try to make us move out of the way. Passiven-agressive racial jealousy.

I don't move and I carry a gun. I'm begging for one of those motherfuckers to start some shit.

Not worth it.
Or at least wait until you are outside of any public camera sight.

Anecdote, but I've experienced it on numerous occasions: Sunday, while driving in a local park, an obese Black woman was herding her kids along the ROAD toward the playground for about a hundred yards, while a small collection of us "white folks" puttered along in our cars behind her. Not only was she walking in the middle of the street, but she was obviously and arrogantly "moseying along" at a crawling pace, just DARING any one in one of the cars to pass her fat ass.

This happens all the time, when Black people - mainly women - are crossing the street and they see that a white driver is coming. They slow down and effectively dare you to speed up or blow your horn.

Not cool.

I lived for a few years in Seoul, South Korea between 1988 and 1992.

Koreans, at the time, lived in a very modern society and yet retained vestiges of their caste-based social system they've had for centuries.

One of the curious aspects of which was that showing what Westerners consider "common courtesy" was a tacit admission of social inferiority.

Many Koreans felt that letting someone go first, waiting in a line, even stopping for a stop sign was equivalent to admitting they were socially inferior to everyone else. Something most Koreans were loathe to do.

The upshot of this curious system was that no one waited in a line (every line became a rugby scrum), no one moved out of each other's way on the sidewalk, and even something as simple as a traffic circle became unworkable because no one was willing to yield to anyone else.

Thirty years later, since many Koreans have traveled overseas, most Koreans now see that this is an unworkable system and have adopted a more mannerly way of dealing with each other. But, even during my last visit, just before COVID, you could definitely see it continuing to happen. It was just not as wide-spread.

We had a half black president a couple of years ago who identifies as black and we thought the race wars were over and we were all Americans. Angry democrats lost the next election and they retaliated by stirring up the racial pot and claiming that most blacks are incapable of obtaining something as basic as a photo I.D. in the 21st century and they should consider them selves as 2nd class citizens and victims of oppression. Now we are worse off than we ever were.

Most people give other people room to walk by.
So, is she saying that everyone must step aside for her?
It sounds like she is the person with the problem.
Singling out white folks sounds like left wing hate.
I ran into this problem in the 90s in a Canadian nat'l park. Seems the Asians were the biggest offenders. A group would be coming down the paved trail and you either were forced off the trail or you didn't pass. There was no such thing as getting single file.

I'm aware of this game. Black people play it all the time--try to make us move out of the way. Passiven-agressive racial jealousy.

I don't move and I carry a gun. I'm begging for one of those motherfuckers to start some shit.
Oh shut up pussy. I doubt you have even seen a black person in 10 years.

Anecdote, but I've experienced it on numerous occasions: Sunday, while driving in a local park, an obese Black woman was herding her kids along the ROAD toward the playground for about a hundred yards, while a small collection of us "white folks" puttered along in our cars behind her. Not only was she walking in the middle of the street, but she was obviously and arrogantly "moseying along" at a crawling pace, just DARING any one in one of the cars to pass her fat ass.

This happens all the time, when Black people - mainly women - are crossing the street and they see that a white driver is coming. They slow down and effectively dare you to speed up or blow your horn.

Not cool.
Similar thing happened to me in a parking lot. My "sheep" were a couple of white teenage assholes who wouldn't walk to the side. After getting to a place where they could have easily stepped to the side, I gave them a light toot on the horn and they flipped me off. Common courtesy is not common anymore.

Forum List

Back