Truth About Arctic and Greenland Ice

Strawman, completely irrelevant, deniers are worse than AGW paranoid preachers.

Um ... yeah ... as I always say, it's easy to make a con true if you ignore all facts and science except those that support your position, the same way Goreans do.

The sun is at its lowest activity level in 80 years.

So why is are the glaciers and the ice cap still melting?

for the hell of it.

The sun is at its lowest activity level in 80 years.

So why is are the glaciers and the ice cap still melting?

for the hell of it.

You can't answer that question.

As I suspected.

You have yet to explain why from the 20's to the late 40's the cap didn't just melt away when it was hotter for longer then it has been currently. Why is there any ice there at all to melt after that?

Here's a bigger set.
n_plot_hires.png

You can see that even though there are sometimes big rises in arctic sea ice extent, the overall trend as been downward since 1979

Last edited:
The sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years, yet the ice continues to melt.

Why?
You've repeated that yapping point, over and over and over and over again.....Argumentum ad nauseum.

Yet, you conveniently ignore the evidence I've posted, and will post yet again, that the current state of Earf's magnetosphere is weaker that it has been in centuries.

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says

Please, Chrissy, tell us about how National Geographic is in on the Vast Right-Wing Denier Conspiracy!!!!

Please.....Bring it.

DUDE - did you even fucking read the article you linked to?

"THIS RADIATION DOES NOT INFLUENCE TEMPERATURES ON EARTH"
page 2 paragraph 4 Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says

Here, I'll repeat it a few times for emphasis since you skipped over it when you read the article

JEEZ!!!

Why is it when the anti-science crowd posts a reference they claim to support their view - it actually winds up saying the opposite most of the time?

Last edited:
This simple question remains unanswered - and the fact remains the arctic was considerably warmer just 70 years ago.

How is that a fact?
Could it be.....

Money?

Are you suggesting its actually more profitable to spend 6 years of your life slaving away as a graduate student to go on to produce false science than it is to sell oil, cars, and all the other things which emit CO2 gas?

That chart proves the activities of industrialized man are to blame in what way??

No. It proves the arctic ice cap has been melting.
Right.

So, how does correlation relate to causation??

Oh yeah.....It doesn't.

It doesn't by itself. What we do is look at other evidence than the chart. For instance:

1) it is a scientific fact that CO2 and green house gasses absorb certain bandwidths of infra-red radiation more than other atmospheric gases

2) it is a fact that we have been producing enough CO2 to significantly increase the atmosphere's CO2 content. We know this based on the known approximate mass of fossil fuels burnt since the industrial revolution, and the basic chemistry that tells us how much CO2 will be released when a fossil fuel is burnt

3) We have observed said CO2 increase

4) We have observed temperature increases

Given that we know CO2 CAN cause the earth to warm, given that we've been emitting gigatons of the stuff over the past hundred fifty years or so, and given that we've observed a rise in temperatures - what other conclusion would you draw? Mere coincidence?

If I took a bucket half filled with water, and started pouring water in it, when it overflowed you'd claim that there's no proof me pouring more water in it caused it to overflow.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting its actually more profitable to spend 6 years of your life slaving away as a graduate student to go on to produce false science than it is to sell oil, cars, and all the other things which emit CO2 gas?
It's profitable if you come to the same conclusions as everyone else, join the academe clique, then never have to go out and produce things others would want to buy.

Forum List

Back