Trump's Lies During Debate. Not Errors, but Lies

Trump: "Let me give you one quick example. These folks, CNBC, they had it down at three, three and a half hours. I just read today in the New York Times, $250,000 for a 30 second ad. I went out and said, it's ridiculous. Nobody -- I could stand up here all night. Nobody wants to watch three and a half, or three hours. It was a back sacrifice, and I have to hand it to Ben. We called Ben, he was with me 100%. We called in, we said, that's it. We're not doing it. They lost a lot of money, everybody said it couldn't be done. Everybody said it was going to be three hours, three and a half, including them, and in about two minutes I renegotiated it so we can get the hell out of here. Not bad."

Here's what Trump is talking about:

October 15th: Trump, Carson Demand That Next Debate Be Limited to 2 Hours

Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ben Carson are threatening to boycott the next GOP debate over its proposed format, underscoring a rare political alliance between the leading outsider candidates.​

But two weeks earlier, CNBC advertised:

September 30th: "Your Money, Your Vote: The Republican Presidential Debate” on Wednesday October 28

The event will be divided into two parts with two groups of candidates debating the key issues that matter to all voters—job growth, taxes, technology, retirement and the health of our national economy. One grouping will include candidates with an average of three percent in a specified group of national polls. Those candidates will take the stage at 8PM ET for two hours of debate.
...and the libs call pubes petty. :rolleyes:
Not sure how that's petty when the guy's running on the platform of being a great negotiator; and on a national stage, thumps his chest to show off his great negotiating skills .... only it turns out he convinced the network to limit their 2 hour debate to .... 2 hours. :dunno:
Wrong. They didn't change it until after Trump and Carson threatened to boycott it.
Nope. The link I posted was published two weeks before Trump threatened to boycott them. The moderator even pointed out on the debate it was always scheduled for 2 hours.

Trump: "Let me give you one quick example. These folks, CNBC, they had it down at three, three and a half hours. I just read today in the New York Times, $250,000 for a 30 second ad. I went out and said, it's ridiculous. Nobody -- I could stand up here all night. Nobody wants to watch three and a half, or three hours. It was a back sacrifice, and I have to hand it to Ben. We called Ben, he was with me 100%. We called in, we said, that's it. We're not doing it. They lost a lot of money, everybody said it couldn't be done. Everybody said it was going to be three hours, three and a half, including them, and in about two minutes I renegotiated it so we can get the hell out of here. Not bad."

Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ben Carson are threatening to boycott the next GOP debate over its proposed format, underscoring a rare political alliance between the leading outsider candidates.​

September 30th: "Your Money, Your Vote: The Republican Presidential Debate” on Wednesday October 28

The event will be divided into two parts with two groups of candidates debating the key issues that matter to all voters—job growth, taxes, technology, retirement and the health of our national economy. One grouping will include candidates with an average of three percent in a specified group of national polls. Those candidates will take the stage at 8PM ET for two hours of debate.
Not sure how that's petty when the guy's running on the platform of being a great negotiator; and on a national stage, thumps his chest to show off his great negotiating skills .... only it turns out he convinced the network to limit their 2 hour debate to .... 2 hours. :dunno:
then why is this printed
Trump boasts about limiting the debate 'so we can get the hell out of here'

If Trump said he'd never been unfaithful to his wife and was married to the same woman for 40 years, his supporters would still believe him.
Donald Trump, Ben Carson Threaten to Boycott The Next GOP Debate
That was 2 weeks after CNBC announced a 2 hour debate. :lmao:

CNBC to host Republican Presidential debate

How'd that phone call go? Something like ....?

Trump: "Keep that debate to no more than 2 hours or Ben and I won't be there!"

CNBC: "Umm, ok. Sure. (shaking head)"

then why is this printed

then why is this printed
Ummm... because that was what Trump said last night?

Then there's this...

Trump beats chest over length of CNBC debate

then why is this printed

then why is this printed

Then there's this...

by you articles own admission the debate was to last longer than 2 hours
Since you're so hung up on the 2 hr. limit I'm going to use black white thinking and call you out and call you a liar. 2 hours and 14 minutes is not 2 hours. Better read you post son

then why is this printed

then why is this printed

Then there's this...

Since you're so hung up on the 2 hr. limit I'm going to use black white thinking and call you out and call you a liar. 2 hours and 14 minutes is not 2 hours. Better read you post son
From 2:14 to 2:00 is still not 3:30 to 2:00.

then why is this printed
then why is this printed

Then there's this...

The debate was to go longer than 2 hours Correct. Your original posts article left that out correct. Now just tell me if I'm lying.

then why is this printed
then why is this printed

Then there's this...

The debate was to go longer than 2 hours Correct. Your original posts article left that out correct. Now just tell me if I'm lying.
You're lying. My first post read that CNBC announced there would be 2 hours of debate.

You're lying. My first post read that CNBC announced there would be 2 hours of debate.
ya and football games are 60 minutes long. :rolleyes:
and why did it last 2 hours and not 2 hours and 14 minutes? why?????

Then there's this...

Who cares why? Trump said he negotiated from as long as 3.5 hours down to 2.

So we can conclude though, trump was able to knock time off, and that the Sept 26th article is a lie, a lie of omission

So we can conclude though, trump was able to knock time off, and that the Sept 26th article is a lie, a lie of omission
What September 26th article?

Forum List

Back