Trump's LIE: Judge has “dismissed 80 percent” of his case against him due to the statute of limitations

Yeah, I don't determine the appraised value of my home or a home I'm purchasing either.

Some food for thought:

As I like to tell my law students, there is always a tax angle, and this case is no exception. As detailed in the complaint, some of the strongest evidence that Trump intentionally inflated the value of his properties—and hence his net worth—are found in claims he contemporaneously made for state property tax purposes. Not surprisingly, he gave low valuations to tax authorities, while giving much higher ones to his possible lenders. As the attorney general sees it, either he committed tax fraud by using unreasonably low valuations when dealing with tax authorities, or he committed fraud on his lenders and insurers by using valuations significantly higher than those he reported to the state and federal governments.

And there is some evidence in the complaint that Trump was fully aware of the difficulties of claiming one value for tax purposes and another for financial purposes. For instance, he apparently took the position that Trump Tower in Chicago was worthless, creating a substantial loss that could lower his tax liability. Not wanting to contradict that claim, he excluded the value of that building from his Statements of Financial Condition, which he provided to lenders. He was apparently less careful with his Las Vegas property, tinkering with assumptions and the discount rate to provide one lower valuation to Clark County, and a much higher one to potential investors and bankers.

Some food for thought:

As I like to tell my law students, there is always a tax angle, and this case is no exception. As detailed in the complaint, some of the strongest evidence that Trump intentionally inflated the value of his properties—and hence his net worth—are found in claims he contemporaneously made for state property tax purposes. Not surprisingly, he gave low valuations to tax authorities, while giving much higher ones to his possible lenders. As the attorney general sees it, either he committed tax fraud by using unreasonably low valuations when dealing with tax authorities, or he committed fraud on his lenders and insurers by using valuations significantly higher than those he reported to the state and federal governments.

And there is some evidence in the complaint that Trump was fully aware of the difficulties of claiming one value for tax purposes and another for financial purposes. For instance, he apparently took the position that Trump Tower in Chicago was worthless, creating a substantial loss that could lower his tax liability. Not wanting to contradict that claim, he excluded the value of that building from his Statements of Financial Condition, which he provided to lenders. He was apparently less careful with his Las Vegas property, tinkering with assumptions and the discount rate to provide one lower valuation to Clark County, and a much higher one to potential investors and bankers.

So which is it, did TRUMP over value for investers or undervalue for taxes? The case seems to be that he overvalued for investors, but the investors acepted the vaule and have been paid.

So we can circle back to my original question who are the victims?

The New York Trump fraud case judge clarified the following:

"Statutes of limitations bar claims - not evidence".

So which is it, did TRUMP over value for investers or undervalue for taxes? The case seems to be that he overvalued for investors, but the investors acepted the vaule and have been paid.

So we can circle back to my original question who are the victims?

You are proving Mark Twain correct. Therefore, I will either place you on permanent ignore - or just ignore you. Bye...

1696388561714.png

BREAKING: Donald Trump is humiliated to his face by the judge overseeing today’s New York fraud trial as the judge destroys Trump’s claims that the judge has “dismissed 80 percent” of his case against him due to the statute of limitations.

The judge told Trump to his face that he ALREADY lost the case, — and then put him on notice that every use of a false financial statements in business starts the statute of limitations running again” — and that New York Attorney General Letitia James “is not suing” Trump “on the underlying transactions, but on the financial statements that referenced them, which occurred after 2014.”

The judge declared, “Every use of a false financial statements in business starts the statute of limitations running again. I understand that you strongly disagree with this and will appeal on those grounds… that’s what we have appeals for.”

Well played, Judge Engoron! Trump tried to tell reporters yesterday that Judge Engoron had thrown out most of his case — and Judge Engoron put him in his place today right to his face — and in front of the entire country.

May be an image of 8 people and the Oval Office

Trump Fraud Trial: Judge Strikes Down Ex-President’s Claim He Threw Out ‘80%’ Of AG’s Case

I knew it was a lie when he said it. Now it has been proven. What do you think?
That's highly inappropriate for a judge to comment publicly regarding an ongoing case. Engoron needs to recuse himself.

The judge made a ruling that will be overturned post-haste.

He cannot use evidence that has passed the statute of limitations. If he rules on any of that, a stay will be issued until the appeals court has time to investigate his misconduct and rule on whether or not he show prejudice in his deliberations. Most likely all of this will be thrown out.

But that's not the goal here.

This just a bunch of leftist assholes harassing Trump, nothing more.
They just want to fuck with him and ruin him to keep him from running for POTUS.

That is cool. You play the pussy entitled card just like your cult leader.

From the OP:

Former President Donald Trump claimed Monday the state judge overseeing a trial accusing him and his company of fraud threw out “80%” of the case against him at the end of the first trial day—but the judge clarified Tuesday that Trump’s statement was false, as the ex-president and New York Attorney General Letitia James dispute what evidence can be used in the trial.

Trump claimed New York Judge Arthur Engoron “overruled” himself in comments made at the end of the first trial day Monday—in a case accusing Trump and his company of widespread fraud by misstating the value of assets for personal gain—with the ex-president arguing that “80% of this case would be over” based on Engoron’s statement at trial.

The dispute concerned the statute of limitations in the case: James’ office sued Trump and his business associates for alleged misconduct involving financial deals that date back to 2011, but an appeals court has ruled that Trump and his co-defendants can only be punished for wrongdoing starting in 2014.

At trial on Monday, Engoron suggested witness testimony that concerned documents from 2011 was a “waste of time” if the AG’s office can’t “relate” those discussions “to something that happened later,” which Trump claimed meant that nothing from 2011 could be admissible in court—meaning a bunch of evidence would be thrown out.

Engoron clarified at the trial on Tuesday that Trump’s statement was untrue, the Associated Press reports, and as he has already ruled in the case, the judge is going to allow evidence from 2011 as long as it helps prove misconduct that happened within the statute of limitations.

More...
What a Lulu. Trump won because he told the truth. All you leftists can do is read DNC talking points that lie, lie, lie, lie, lie. And you swallow all, hook line and sinker instead of questioning the bs extremists in the DNC put out on a daily basis and more. You're too close to it now. Someday, you'll get it why Trump wins the cases that have one lie after another lined up to torment him in no uncertain terms. He calls 'em as he sees 'em, and he has 20-20 vision. The Democrat Party individuals don't know their own bosses paid for by billionnaires who just want to get the Constitution out of their way, and President Trump has defended the Constitution time and time again. Even so, he is only human, but he's a good human, and his standing gets higher with the American people and our fair allies, who are beginning to see the DNC's fallacy of forcing wealth-seeking newspersons to lie by accepting the false narrative their payors spent getting them to lie 3,000 times a day on 300 tv stations (or more) in the USA. Real journalists didn't bite the bait. Some of the sympathizers of the radical left here aren't getting it, at least they're not admitting it just to feed the belly of the beasts who lead them.

Forum List

Back