Trump’s former acting defense secretary calls for 'dramatic' cuts to 'outrageously high' Pentagon budget

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
cover-up-as-well-as-a-crime-legal-experts-respond-to-bombshell-top-trump-dod-officials-phones-were-wiped-after-j5.jpg

During the Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush years, members of Republican presidential administrations often used the phrase "peace through strength" when arguing in favor of a large military budget and an interventionist foreign policy. But Christopher C. Miller, who served as acting secretary of defense during the final months of the Trump Administration, is calling for the United States to "dramatically" reduce its military budget.

During an interview for CBS News’ podcast "The Takeout," Miller — a retired U.S. Army Special Forces colonel — told host Major Garrett that the United States’ military budget could be cut by as much as half.

The 57-year-old Miller argued, "We have created an entire enterprise that focuses economically on creating crisis to justify outrageously high defense spending. You have to starve the beast to make people come out of their cubby holes and start thinking creatively."

During the interview, Miller also urged politicians to quit obsessing over China.

Miller told Garrett, "I think by constantly harping on the fact that China is the new threat and we’re going to go to war with them someday actually plays right into Chairman Xi’s hands and the Chinese Communist Party. They need to have an enemy that they can, you know, focus their people’s anger and attention on, and I think we provide them that opportunity by constantly harking on the fact that the Chinese are the greatest threat to America and what not."

Trump’s former acting defense secretary calls for 'dramatic' cuts to 'outrageously high' Pentagon budget

I agree! What do you think?

Last edited:
cover-up-as-well-as-a-crime-legal-experts-respond-to-bombshell-top-trump-dod-officials-phones-were-wiped-after-j5.jpg

During the Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush years, members of Republican presidential administrations often used the phrase "peace through strength" when arguing in favor of a large military budget and an interventionist foreign policy. But Christopher C. Miller, who served as acting secretary of defense during the final months of the Trump Administration, is calling for the United States to "dramatically" reduce its military budget.

During an interview for CBS News’ podcast "The Takeout," Miller — a retired U.S. Army Special Forces colonel — told host Major Garrett that the United States’ military budget could be cut by as much as half.

The 57-year-old Miller argued, "We have created an entire enterprise that focuses economically on creating crisis to justify outrageously high defense spending. You have to starve the beast to make people come out of their cubby holes and start thinking creatively."

During the interview, Miller also urged politicians to quit obsessing over China.

Miller told Garrett, "I think by constantly harping on the fact that China is the new threat and we’re going to go to war with them someday actually plays right into Chairman Xi’s hands and the Chinese Communist Party. They need to have an enemy that they can, you know, focus their people’s anger and attention on, and I think we provide them that opportunity by constantly harking on the fact that the Chinese are the greatest threat to America and what not."

The Republicans want to gut the military, just because there is a democrat in office? Say it ain't so.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

"I think by constantly harping on the fact that China is the new threat and we’re going to go to war with them someday actually plays right into Chairman Xi’s hands and the Chinese Communist Party. They need to have an enemy that they can, you know, focus their people’s anger and attention on, and I think we provide them that opportunity by constantly harking on the fact that the Chinese are the greatest threat to America and what not."
True – classic Orwellian tactic.

The defense budget has been overbloated for years 90% of the budget goes to defense contractors are not actual defense.

Cutting the budget isn't enough.

One of the main reasons we have such a high budget is because members of Congress who decide the budget own stock in the company's that contract with the US military. They make money on every thing the military spends money on. So a total ban on all politicians I'm doing it owning stock in any company that is contracted to the US military would be a good start.

Hear, hear!

Start by closing every single US base outside of our country.

They aren't coming here, except by balloon, so there is no reason for us to be there.

U.S-Military-Vs.ROW_Maingraphic.jpg

Problem is while we spend three times as much as China, you can bet the Chinese spread the $ unit much further than we do, partially because they cut out much of the red tape.

I'm all for cutting spending. Even better streamline the military and cut out the red tape and politics so the $ can go much further.

Last edited:

Uummm....you're a Democrat - right?

Aren't you supposed to be happy when Peace breaks out and politicians want to cut the "Defense" budget?

Oh, I forgot....Democrats are hegemonic warmongers, and dastardly hypocrites.

Forum List

Back