Trump (with his new stooge, Barr) "spying" obfuscation to ward off the damaging Mueller report

m5MujJ4.jpg
Fake news. The so called media always twists and lies, just like you do.

If anyone believes that the WH has not been fully apprised of what the Mueller report entails and how it damages Trump pointing out the unethical behavior of his campaign staff and the subsequent attempts to obstruct investigations, that someone is a "card-carrying" member of the Trump cult.

The above stated, what Trump (and his stooges) are NOW doing is an attempt to cover the Mueller report's upcoming damages by shifting attention to the old moronic accusation that the "deep state" was spying on Trump and tried an attempted coup d'etat......

BULLSHIT !!! Bullshit spread by Trump, Barr, Nunes and Graham....

What's the source of this obfuscation???............None other than the hapless CARTER PAGE.

Mr. Page was....for a very short time....tagged to be one of candidate Trump's foreign advisers....the relationship was cut quickly and actually shows just how INEPT the Trump entourage was in vetting who joined the campaign.

Carter Page was under FBI investigation in late 2013 and 2014.

Carter Page came to the attention of the FBI long before he joined the Trump campaign, as the Wall Street Journal and other news outlets have reported. In 2013, Russian spies tried to recruit Page as an intelligence source, and Page passed documents to an agent of Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service. In discussing the Oct. 2016 FISA warrant, the WSJ says, “It isn’t clear whether the department had previously requested a FISA warrant on Mr. Page.”
Reports: Carter Page Was Subject to FISA Warrant in 2013/2014 - Just Security

Further, in Carter Page’s case, the FBI clearly HAD to investigate and request a FISA warrant...And what should be remembered, is that a FISA warrant targeting a United States person must be renewed every 90 days, as Page’s was on three separate occasions, by three different FISA Court judges. Those renewal applications would not merely have recited the evidence supporting the initial order: They would have been expected to describe the fruits of previous surveillance, and justify continued monitoring by showing that useful intelligence was being gathered—or, at the very least, that there was good reason to expect some in the future.
Revisiting Carter Page - Just Security

Bottom line: The entire "wait to see how Trump had endured an attempted coup" is BULLSHIT....of the color orange.
"spying" "coup" new definitions.....all to protect king donnie.

“I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal,” AG Barr said :eusa_clap:

With that, Barr just OPENLY revealed that he is a full-fledged member of the Trump moronic CULT.
I must have missed something. I read Barr's statements. Initially, to Congress, he said:

"I think spying did occur," Barr said. "Yes, I think spying did occur. But the question is whether it was predicated, adequately predicated, and I'm not suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated. But I'd need to explore that."

Then he went on to clarify:

"I'm not suggesting that those rules were violated, but I think it's important to look at that. And I'm not just talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly," Barr said.

"I am not saying that improper surveillance occurred. I'm saying that I am concerned about it and looking into it, that's all," Barr also said.

He told the Senate panel, "I just want to satisfy myself that there were no abuse of law enforcement or intelligence powers."

William Barr: Spying "did occur" on Trump campaign Attorney general says in testimony today – live updates - CBS News

It seems to me that Barr is looking into this (actually he later said he will be going by the Inspector General's investigation, which is ongoing now). He is doing this at the President's request, no doubt, but it does not mean that he will find wrong doing. If he doesn't, I'm sure he'll be fired, too.

I am just amazed at the fierce blabbing that this has started on both sides.

If anyone believes that the WH has not been fully apprised of what the Mueller report entails and how it damages Trump pointing out the unethical behavior of his campaign staff and the subsequent attempts to obstruct investigations, that someone is a "card-carrying" member of the Trump cult.

The above stated, what Trump (and his stooges) are NOW doing is an attempt to cover the Mueller report's upcoming damages by shifting attention to the old moronic accusation that the "deep state" was spying on Trump and tried an attempted coup d'etat......

What's the source of this obfuscation???............None other than the hapless CARTER PAGE.

Mr. Page was....for a very short time....tagged to be one of candidate Trump's foreign advisers....the relationship was cut quickly and actually shows just how INEPT the Trump entourage was in vetting who joined the campaign.

Carter Page came to the attention of the FBI long before he joined the Trump campaign, as the Wall Street Journal and other news outlets have reported. In 2013, Russian spies tried to recruit Page as an intelligence source, and Page passed documents to an agent of Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service. In discussing the Oct. 2016 FISA warrant, the WSJ says, “It isn’t clear whether the department had previously requested a FISA warrant on Mr. Page.”

Further, in Carter Page’s case, the FBI clearly HAD to investigate and request a FISA warrant...And what should be remembered, is that a FISA warrant targeting a United States person must be renewed every 90 days, as Page’s was on three separate occasions, by three different FISA Court judges. Those renewal applications would not merely have recited the evidence supporting the initial order: They would have been expected to describe the fruits of previous surveillance, and justify continued monitoring by showing that useful intelligence was being gathered—or, at the very least, that there was good reason to expect some in the future.

Bottom line: The entire "wait to see how Trump had endured an attempted coup" is BULLSHIT....of the color orange.

Carter Page has been rectally examined by Mueller for years and his ass is as clean as a hound's tooth.

BTW, he really wasn't an advisor to President Trump at all, that was just his title. Trump never needed advice , at least none that a young go-getter like Page could provide.
BTW, he really wasn't an advisor to President Trump at all, that was just his title.
Right....and President Trump isn't really President--that's just his title.

And you are no lady, that's just your title.

the "spying" AG Barr was referring to was WARRANTED SURVEILLANCE of criminal spies and their associates.

but NOW let's see him deal with a REAL SPY.

If Barr is talking about Page ( and no one seems to know What he is talking about) he has ruined himself. Page clearly deserved surveillance and had no interaction with the Trump campaign when the FISA warrant was first issued .

I always read your posts, laugh and think that has to be the dumbest cr$p I have ever read. Then along comes the next one and you prove that your level of stupidity has no bounds.

"spying" "coup" new definitions.....all to protect king donnie.
The so called "investigation" was a hoax and everyone knows it. Now is when democrats play dumb. Shouldn't be too hard.

The "Damaging Mueller Report???"

You must mean the one that cleared Trump.

....and the above is WHY.......all Trump ass lickers are just dumb cult members....lol

the entire report will be released in a week or so, get ready for your meal of crow, gnat.

you also need to get ready for the truth about real russian collusion by the clinton campaign and the DNC. Also, the corruption within the FBI, DOJ, Lynch, Holder, and yes the kenyan messiah. Its all coming, the house of cards is falling and burning.

the "spying" AG Barr was referring to was WARRANTED SURVEILLANCE of criminal spies and their associates.

Fair enough. Let the FBI prove their case it was warranted. That's all the AG is asking.

It isn't customary for the FBI to spy on political campaigns here in America, Mr. Barr wants to know why that custom was violated.

If there was verified criminal activity, Page, Strzok, Ohm, McCabe, Comey, Lynch, Obama, etc. will all have a chance to show what evidence they had.

....and the above is WHY.......all Trump ass lickers are just dumb cult members....lol

the entire report will be released in a week or so, get ready for your meal of crow, gnat.

you also need to get ready for the truth about real russian collusion by the clinton campaign and the DNC. Also, the corruption within the FBI, DOJ, Lynch, Holder, and yes the kenyan messiah. Its all coming, the house of cards is falling and burning.

President Trump really isn't delaying the report being released. He's just timing it for maximum impact.

“I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal,” AG Barr said :eusa_clap:

With that, Barr just OPENLY revealed that he is a full-fledged member of the Trump moronic CULT.
I must have missed something. I read Barr's statements. Initially, to Congress, he said:

"I think spying did occur," Barr said. "Yes, I think spying did occur. But the question is whether it was predicated, adequately predicated, and I'm not suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated. But I'd need to explore that."

Then he went on to clarify:

"I'm not suggesting that those rules were violated, but I think it's important to look at that. And I'm not just talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly," Barr said.

"I am not saying that improper surveillance occurred. I'm saying that I am concerned about it and looking into it, that's all," Barr also said.

He told the Senate panel, "I just want to satisfy myself that there were no abuse of law enforcement or intelligence powers."

William Barr: Spying "did occur" on Trump campaign Attorney general says in testimony today – live updates - CBS News

It seems to me that Barr is looking into this (actually he later said he will be going by the Inspector General's investigation, which is ongoing now). He is doing this at the President's request, no doubt, but it does not mean that he will find wrong doing. If he doesn't, I'm sure he'll be fired, too.

I am just amazed at the fierce blabbing that this has started on both sides.

the american people are pissed that obvious corruption by the clinton campaign and the DNC has been ignored. Barr is doing his job. The truth will be revealed eventually, stand by to watch the dem party crumble into ruin as its corrupt leaders are frog marched off to jail.

President Trump really isn't delaying the report being released. He's just timing it for maximum impact.

he has no control over when Barr releases it. Barr is working with Mueller's team on what should legally be redacted. Are you claiming now that Mueller and his team of democrats are also working for Trump? Are you that stupid?

Fair enough. Let the FBI prove their case it was warranted. That's all the AG is asking.

It isn't customary for the FBI to spy on political campaigns here in America, Mr. Barr wants to know why that custom was violated.

If there was verified criminal activity, Page, Strzok, Ohm, McCabe, Comey, Lynch, Obama, etc. will all have a chance to show what evidence they had.

it is not customary for campaigns to call upon criminal spies to assist their campaign.

our federal agencies were just DOING THEIR JOB!

Obama's AG Loretta Lynch was just doing her job when she met with Bill Clinton is his plane on the tarmac to discuss the grandkids. They think we're stupid.

We'll see, but after 2+ years of "Russia, Russia, Russia" ending up with no apparent provable/chargeable collusion, it makes sense to start asking questions as to how all of this came to be, and why, and who was involved, so they can explain to all of exactly how and why this all came to be.

I doubt the people responsible thought they'd be in this position, with Trump actually in the White House and able to wield the power that was used on him to investigate them, as Clinton was supposed to win and, of course, had she won, nobody would have given a shit by the time she was out of office, but boo-fucking-hoo. The shoe is on the other foot.

The people responsible for lighting the wick on all of this should have to explain what they've done and on what basis, or pay the consequences for misuse of power if that was the case.
Did President Clinton and his followers do this to the Starr investigators? I'm honestly asking--I don't know.
Is this how we "pay" law enforcement and our intelligence agencies for keeping us safe? There is something very, very wrong, imo, with the reaction by the Trump supporters and Trump himself here.

No, I don't think so, although I don't recall any questions as to the legality or the basis for those investigations.

I'm not as much concerned with those in law enforcement just doing their jobs as I am those that pulled the levers to turn the full fury of the US Government on Trump.

If that was justified, they need to show it. If what they did was legal, and met the established standards, that should be relatively easy to prove. If, on the other hand, they weaponized the US Government against a political adversary for political purposes, and did it based on thin fabrications and misuse of office and influence, I have a serious problem with that.

it is not customary for campaigns to call upon criminal spies to assist their campaign.

our federal agencies were just DOING THEIR JOB!

Fine, then the federal agencies can prove that assertion. That's all that Mr. Barr is asking- that it be looked into and explained

I'm laughing.....Barr is going to have the progressives heads exploding in the coming months and they cant do dick about it!:flirtysmile4:

Legally nothing is gonna happen to Obama, Aunt Hilda and Co. but the political optics are gonna blow for the DUMS because Barr going to expose the Russia hoax as the dirtiest politics play in over 100 years! Progressives best get a good supply of butter because the bumpy's will be coming and the will be big and stingy.:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

I know that for Trump Cult members the above is too long to read......So, let me offer BOTTOM LINE

Carter Page was being recruited by Russian spies going back to 2013

Trump hired him to be one of his "foreign policy advisers"

FISA warrants were issued to surveil Page AFTER he left the Trump campaign

FISA warrants were issued SEVERAL times by FISA judges who were republicans

So......what do idiots like Trump and Barr and Graham "conclude"???.........................."The deep state was spying on poor, defenless Trump...."

What a fucking bunch of morons....cheered on by 35% of American morons. (who are mostly on this forum)

1. The FISA applications were lies based on the Steele Dossier paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign. Crime #1. See Nunes memo items below.
2. Under the "two hop rule" surveillance of Carter Page can be of anyone he talks to, and anyone they talk to, so there was a wide latitude to spy on anyone in the Trump campaign, including Trump.

The Nunes memo states that a FISA warrant on Carter Page was sought and obtained on October 21, 2016, and that there were three subsequent 90-day renewals. The memo notes that FISA submissions are classified information.

The memo "raise concern as to the legitimacy and legality" of the FISA application process relating to Page, and that probable cause was not made in the warrant application. It makes five main points. First it alleges that the Steele dossier "formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application." The memo asserted that Christopher Steele was paid $160,000 by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign.[27] In fact, Perkins Coie, which represented the DNC and Clinton campaign, had no contact with Steele, and never paid him directly. Instead, they paid Fusion GPS $1.02 million in fees and expenses, $168,000 of which was paid to Orbis by Fusion GPS and used by them to produce the dossier. The DNC and Clinton campaign disclosed the total amount paid to Perkins Coie on campaign finance reports.

The memo also alleged that information about the payment was not disclosed in the initial October 2016 FISA application or subsequent renewals. However, the FBI's application for a FISA warrant did describe, in a footnote, the origins and political background of the dossier, a fact conceded by Nunes and other Republican leaders on February 5, after the memo's release.

Second, the memo alleges that the FISA application relied "extensively" on a Yahoo! News report from September 2016 by Michael Isikoff, which referenced Page's July 2016 trip to Moscow and used information from Steele.[32] It asserts that the article was "derived from information leaked by Steele himself to Yahoo News." Isikoff has stated that the information he got from Steele was actually information that the FBI already had. He also described Steele as serious and credible.

Third, the memo accuses Steele of being biased against the candidacy of Donald Trump, stating he was "desperate" and "passionate" that Trump would lose. It goes on to say Bruce Ohr knew about this bias and that it was not reflected in the FISA applications. Ohr however did not work on counter intelligence matters and had no role in obtaining the FISA warrants on Page.

The memo's fourth point quotes Bill Priestap saying that the corroboration of the Steele dossier was in its "infancy" in October 2016 during the FISA application. The memo further alleges that Andrew McCabe testified that "no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) without the Steele dossier information." Other members of the House Intelligence Committee and sources close to the matter have stated that the Nunes memo "misquoted" and "mischaracterized" McCabe's testimony, which was given in private and has not been made public.

The memo also confirms that the spark for the FBI investigation into potential collusion between Trump's campaign and the Russians was not the Steele dossier, but rather the comments made by Trump adviser George Papadopoulos, who told an Australian diplomat in May 2016 that the Russians possessed "dirt" on Hillary Clinton in the form of hacked emails. That confirmation contradicts earlier claims by some that the investigation had been triggered by the Steele dossier. The memo notes that Papadopoulos is mentioned in the Page FISA application, and says "there is no evidence of any cooperation or conspiracy between Page and Papadopoulos." It also says the FBI's Russia investigation was opened nearly three months before the FISA surveillance application in late July 2016 by Peter Strzok, who is accused of having "a clear bias against Trump and in favor of Clinton."

The memo also shows that the FISA warrant on Page was renewed three times. In each instance, the FBI had to show the signing judge that the warrant had merit. News accounts in 2017 indicated that because of the nature of his ties to Russia, Page had been under FBI scrutiny and had already been the subject of a FISA warrant in 2014, at least two years before the Trump campaign.

Finally, the memo asserts that former FBI Director James Comey testified to Congress that the Steele dossier was "salacious and unverified." However, Comey's prepared remarks show that he was referring specifically to "some personally sensitive aspects" of the dossier, not the entire dossier.

On March 28, 2019, after the Mueller memo had been released to Attorney General Barr, but before Congress had received it, Nunes stated that "the FBI-DOJ falsely claimed this [Russia] investigation did not begin until late July. We now know for certain that is not true."

Forum List

Back