CDZ Trump wins NY State, gets 90+ delegates, and ....

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
...lost Manhattan.

How does that happen? The place where, outside of Palm Beach, arguably exist the largest concentration of people who know him personally, have for years and years, and who routinely interact with him, is the one part of New York he lost.

Shouldn't Manhattan have been a place he was all but certain to win? That's like being unable to get enough of your own neighbors to vote for you. The folks who see you in hallways, work for you, belong to the same clubs you do, trade pleasantries with you at the airport, office or restaurant, live in your properties, open the door for you, wash your cars, deliver pizza to you, clean your home, etc. don't care enough for you to give you the win. Really? That's pretty telling, and what it tells is a sad tale.

Trump wins the state in overwhelming fashion, but some silly people will find anything to bitch about...

Hey...did you hear? Cankles did not win Chappaqua? WTF!!!!

Why am I not surprised a Trump hater would find a way to call a 60+% victory and 90 delegates a failure? :lol: Unbelievable.

...lost Manhattan.

How does that happen? The place where, outside of Palm Beach, arguably exist the largest concentration of people who know him personally, have for years and years, and who routinely interact with him, is the one part of New York he lost.

Shouldn't Manhattan have been a place he was all but certain to win? That's like being unable to get enough of your own neighbors to vote for you. The folks who see you in hallways, work for you, belong to the same clubs you do, trade pleasantries with you at the airport, office or restaurant, live in your properties, open the door for you, wash your cars, deliver pizza to you, clean your home, etc. don't care enough for you to give you the win. Really? That's pretty telling, and what it tells is a sad tale.
I bet he makes a pig of himself on the drink.

...lost Manhattan.

13% of Democrats said they wouldn't vote Hillary, 26% of Republicans said they wouldn't vote Trump in November.

...lost Manhattan.

What is telling is your attempt to confer legitimacy on your political rants by posting them in the CDZ.

...lost Manhattan.

What is telling is your attempt to confer legitimacy on your political rants by posting them in the CDZ.
What's telling is how pathetic the discourse is in the CDZ. Irrational, hyper-partisan idiocy, which has never, and cannot ever, provoke worthwhile debate.

Yes, the OP is actually making a valid political point. They're discussing this point on the news, and everything! It is not a thoughtless attack on "your boy" which must be met on the field of battle!

"What do you expect from a Trump hater". Amazing. This point could never be brought up by a Trump supporter. They lack the rationality to address anything negative. They merely stick their fingers in their ears and scream "La la! I can't hear you!".

Manhattan is Trump's claim to fame, his mark. The outer boroughs, the real source of Trump wealth, was Daddy Fred's territory. Manhattan was Donald's playground, and the other kids on the playground hated him. Wall Street fears him as a bully (sissies!). Manhattan is college educated. The college educated have contempt for Trump. Manhattan has contempt for Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/nyregion/donald-trump-nyc.html?_r=0

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Trump. He's just another clown. All I care about are voters stupid enough to believe that there is a problem they've identified to which Trump is the solution. What could the question possibly be to which Trump is the answer? So far, no one supporting Trump cares about this, or can articulate any rational support for any aspect of Trump's candidacy.

What's telling is how pathetic the discourse is in the CDZ. Irrational, hyper-partisan idiocy, which has never, and cannot ever, provoke worthwhile debate.

That is why it doesn't belong in the CDZ.

Yes, the OP is actually making a valid political point. They're discussing this point on the news, and everything! It is not a thoughtless attack on "your boy" which must be met on the field of battle!

The operative term is "political." (See above.)

"What do you expect from a Trump hater".

Falsely associating this "quote" with my post is, indeed, "irrational, hyper-partisan idiocy."

...lost Manhattan.

"What do you expect from a Trump hater". Amazing. This point could never be brought up by a Trump supporter. They lack the rationality to address anything negative. They merely stick their fingers in their ears and scream "La la! I can't hear you!".

Manhattan is Trump's claim to fame, his mark. The outer boroughs, the real source of Trump wealth, was Daddy Fred's territory. Manhattan was Donald's playground, and the other kids on the playground hated him. Wall Street fears him as a bully (sissies!). Manhattan is college educated. The college educated have contempt for Trump. Manhattan has contempt for Trump.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Trump. He's just another clown. All I care about are voters stupid enough to believe that there is a problem they've identified to which Trump is the solution. What could the question possibly be to which Trump is the answer? So far, no one supporting Trump cares about this, or can articulate any rational support for any aspect of Trump's candidacy.
I don't think you comprehend where much of the American electorate is today.

Trump is NOT a lifelong stinking lying politician. This alone makes him very attractive to many Americans. Americans have suffered for decades under the feckless criminal actions of scumbag politicians. Add in he is a very successful businessman of a large enterprise and you have someone many Americans figure can't be as bad as your usual stinking R or D politician.

That is why it doesn't belong in the CDZ.

The operative term is "political." (See above.)

Falsely associating this "quote" with my post is, indeed, "irrational, hyper-partisan idiocy."
Falsely associating what quote with what post? I was equally contemptuous of every single post made in response to the OP, including yours. I did address your post specifically. It's news, and everything. I just saw them debating the significance of Trump losing Manhattan on CNN. IT'S NEWS!

Oh, I'm sorry. Why should you be expected to be tolerant of criticism aimed at a man running for the presidency of the United States? Why should you care about assessments of his management style and personal integrity coming from the people who have had the greatest level of direct interaction with the man? Just hand him the keys to the car and sit back and enjoy the ride. After all, he's told you how awesome he is. What more do ya need!

I'm still waiting for that one rational statement from a Trump supporter.

...lost Manhattan.

Trump is NOT a lifelong stinking lying politician. This alone makes him very attractive to many Americans. Americans have suffered for decades under the feckless criminal actions of scumbag politicians. Add in he is a very successful businessman of a large enterprise and you have someone many Americans figure can't be as bad as your usual stinking R or D politician.
No, I don't and neither do you. Certainly the pundits on TV and radio haven't got a clue. All they can do is speculate, dishonestly. The enemy is a corrupt professional political class, and a lot of people are employed in that business, including pundits.

What is the crime of the professional political class? Stealing political representation from the people. Making a mockery of one man-one vote. What are the tools they employ? Gerrymandering, for one. Is that what Trump supporters are mad about? Hmmmn... no. Not Gerrymandering.

The Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania – Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds

No, Trump supporters don't know what they're angry about. Their government has been stolen from them, but since they know nothing about their own government, how can they possibly analyze what's gone wrong? They simply turn to the nearest shiny object, someone who spouts a lot of vague, empty, hate-filled rhetoric, designed to appeal to the most alienated people. The only questions left are, can the Republicans stop him at the convention (and have they got the elephant cojones they will need to do so), and are there enough alienated folks to put Donald on the big chair?

I would never bet on the cojones of politicians, so I suspect the Donald will be the Republican nominee. After that, all bets are off. Trump's negatives and polling so far suggests he can't make it, but that race hasn't started yet.

Too bad. There are so many legitimate reasons to be angry. There is so much anger on both sides of the divide. The enemy isn't people who think Trump is a clown. Most people think that, just look at his negative numbers. Watching Darth Hillary and Sith Lord Trump go at it with their red light sabers will be a pretty disgusting and completely empty spectacle. Instead, think of what could be accomplished by the angry people on the Dem and Rep sides actually banding together, like real Americans. If we could party together like it was 1787.

...lost Manhattan.

No, I don't and neither do you. Certainly the pundits on TV and radio haven't got a clue. All they can do is speculate, dishonestly. The enemy is a corrupt professional political class, and a lot of people are employed in that business, including pundits.

What is the crime of the professional political class? Stealing political representation from the people. Making a mockery of one man-one vote. What are the tools they employ? Gerrymandering, for one. Is that what Trump supporters are mad about? Hmmmn... no. Not Gerrymandering.

The Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania – Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds

No, Trump supporters don't know what they're angry about. Their government has been stolen from them, but since they know nothing about their own government, how can they possibly analyze what's gone wrong? They simply turn to the nearest shiny object, someone who spouts a lot of vague, empty, hate-filled rhetoric, designed to appeal to the most alienated people. The only questions left are, can the Republicans stop him at the convention (and have they got the elephant cojones they will need to do so), and are there enough alienated folks to put Donald on the big chair?

I would never bet on the cojones of politicians, so I suspect the Donald will be the Republican nominee. After that, all bets are off. Trump's negatives and polling so far suggests he can't make it, but that race hasn't started yet.

Too bad. There are so many legitimate reasons to be angry. There is so much anger on both sides of the divide. The enemy isn't people who think Trump is a clown. Most people think that, just look at his negative numbers. Watching Darth Hillary and Sith Lord Trump go at it with their red light sabers will be a pretty disgusting and completely empty spectacle. Instead, think of what could be accomplished by the angry people on the Dem and Rep sides actually banding together, like real Americans. If we could party together like it was 1787.
I would rather have a clown for POTUS, than a professional politician of either party. I believe that post further proves you are not informed. Many Americans are very pissed off at the government and our political system. If you don't know why, you might want to research it.

Remember this:
I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University. - William F. Buckley, Jr.

Anyone would be better than scummy life long lying politicians like Cankles, Bernie, and Kasich...even the Donald.

...lost Manhattan.

I would rather have a clown for POTUS, than a professional politician of either party. I believe that post further proves you are not informed. Many Americans are very pissed off at the government and our political system. If you don't know why, you might want to research it.

Remember this:
I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University. - William F. Buckley, Jr.

Anyone would be better than scummy life long lying politicians like Cankles, Bernie, and Kasich...even the Donald.
If you would truly sooner a clown than a politician be POTUS, I shall not hold it against you for I have long understood that birds of a feather stick together.

...lost Manhattan.

Remember this:

Here's what I wrote:
What is the crime of the professional political class? Stealing political representation from the people.

Here's what you wrote:
I would rather have a clown for POTUS, than a professional politician of either party. I believe that post further proves you are not informed.

Your reading comprehension skills are very poor. So are your candidate selection skills. I suspect there is a connection.

Falsely associating what quote with what post?

Falsely associating this quote:

With my post:

...lost Manhattan.

Why am I not surprised a Trump hater would find a way to call a 60+% victory and 90 delegates a failure? :lol: Unbelievable.

Trump, Cruz and Kasich received combined total of 868k.
Clinton over 1 million votes. Sanders 763k.
So it doesn't really matter Trump will not win in his home town. That is the reality.

Trump, Cruz and Kasich received combined total of 868k.
Clinton over 1 million votes. Sanders 763k.
So it doesn't really matter Trump will not win in his home town. That is the reality.
There are a lot more Democrats in N.Y. Of course they would get a higher total.

...lost Manhattan.

The OP is not making a valid point. Who are the people who actually live in Manhattan? Those who have a legitimate voter registration as a resident? It's not the people who work for or with Trump. It's a very very select few competing billionaires.

...lost Manhattan.

?
I don't see the point at all other than to rant about Trump. Really, this 'you must win your home state' meme is old already and little more than something to fill the air/create false news about. Now you are trying to take it one step further by declaring that it is something of import that Trump did not win his 'home' city. That just seems like a massive reach to me and like you are seeing what you want to there.

Trump took the state by a large margin. The real news here is how much closer this places him to winning the nomination on the first ballot and how Cruz catching him is becoming more and more unlikely. Trump still needs a pretty hefty portion of the remaining delegates to win outright but NY could have been the tipping point where Cruz sunk Trumps political 'battleship.' Failing to split NY's delegates is a big loss for Cruz.

Forum List

Back