Trump Wins CPAC 2024 Straw Poll By 49 Points, DeSantis Second At 21%, Mike Pence Gets 0%

Summer 2018, it was about $3 a gallon. If Trump didn't care about who paid for the wall, why did they chant it over and over again at his rallies? You can get a lot better than 3% GDP growth, since that's what Trump was promising. The Trump wall didn't happen because Trump refused to compromise. Supposedly he did erect his wall and a lot of good it does us. Trump said he wasn't going to lower taxes on the wealthy, because that's pandering. He thinks your idiots. The FBI never spied on Trump. That was and still is a lie.

You guys are ignorant. Living in your own bubble. Even when you know he lied to you, you don't care.

Still it didn't hit $3.00 a gallon even during the best economy in 50 years. It's normal for fuel prices to go higher in strong economic activity, but we are at nearly 6% unemployment now, and thanks to Dementia and the other commies, people are not going to work because taxpayers are paying them more to stay at home, and it's over $3.00 a gallon in many places.

And then what you people do on the left is find the most innocuous things to try and degrade Trump with. Mexico didn't pay for the wall. WTF CARES!!! What we spent on the wall is what we spend on food stamps for less than a month. The only people who cares that Mexico didn't pay for it is you on the left. No problem with all the pork spending in the last two bills though. No problem handing the Kennedy Center and the Arts in general multi-millions to buy votes. That you don't have a problem with. No problem with the racist part of the last spending bill that pays minority farmers 115% of their debt and to hell with white farmers. Again, that you have no problem with because it's buying votes for your party.
Trump was an unmitigated failure as president – the last thing the country needs is more failure and incompetence.

But it didn’t increase GDP like he promised. What did it do other than inflate the stock market and the deficit?

Do you remember what the unemployment rate was when Trump took office?

Please explain: How would a higher GDP have helped you out? How about me? How about anybody?????

What helps people are having jobs, and keeping foreigners out of the country forces businesses to compete for labor thus increasing wages. Now we are doing the exact opposite.

This isn’t binary. Trump lied constantly. The ignorant just shrug their shoulders and move on.

The ignorant voters were very drawn to Trump.

Oh, so what you're telling me is that they all lie, huh? Well then I guess it's not that they lie since they all do it, it's more to the point of what they lie about. If Trump said we had the best economy ever, it doesn't hurt one American. When you tell a bunch of lies about your forced healthcare plan and it turns out to be a flop hurting tens of millions of people, that's a serious lie because many people were hurt over it.
This is just more ignorant rationalization.

There’s a difference between a politician over-promising and when Trump promised to turn lead into gold.

Anyone watching Trump campaign knew he was taking hyperbole to a degree an order of magnitude greater than anyone ever heard before.

Trump was an unmitigated failure as president – the last thing the country needs is more failure and incompetence.

So you elected a guy who's so mentally deficient that his very own party wanted to strip him of exclusive rights to control our nuclear arms? Yeah, you really traded up, didn't you?

There’s a difference between a politician over-promising and when Trump promised to turn lead into gold.

Anyone watching Trump campaign knew he was taking hyperbole to a degree an order of magnitude greater than anyone ever heard before.

Right, because when a Democrat tells a lie, he's simply over promising. When a Republican over promises, it's a lie. We are well aware of your double standards on the left.

This is a lie.

Biden is in no manner ‘responsible’ for gas prices.

Prices are high because the economy is roaring back to life.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about. I know how this works. Trust me, I traded commodities for a few years. When traders see a anti-fuel administration in charge and actually make moves to disrupt our energy, the price goes up. After he killed the Keystone, the prices went up. After he stopped all new oil exploration and leases on public lands, it went up again. After the attack on our largest gasoline pipeline, the prices went up again.

If Trump were President today our unemployment rate would be at least 2% lower. Our gasoline would be where it was before Trump left office. Things don't happen for no reason.

But it didn’t increase GDP like he promised. What did it do other than inflate the stock market and the deficit?

Do you remember what the unemployment rate was when Trump took office?

Please explain: How would a higher GDP have helped you out? How about me? How about anybody?????

What helps people are having jobs, and keeping foreigners out of the country forces businesses to compete for labor thus increasing wages. Now we are doing the exact opposite.
Because it would have led to better investment in the country which would have produce a more durable and sturdy economy. Business investment stagnated (which was the whole point of tax cuts for “job creators”). Wage growth would have been far quicker, like it was in the 80s and 90s. The deficit would have fallen instead of inflating wildly.

The original point was that you claimed gas prices go up in a period of strong economic activity. That’s true! Economic activity for 2021 is growing WAY faster than under Trump so why are you surprised?

Right, because when a Democrat tells a lie, he's simply over promising. When a Republican over promises, it's a lie. We are well aware of your double standards on the left.
No, most Republicans aren’t like Trump.

Trump promised Mexico would pay for the wall and everyone knew there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell of that happening.

Normal politicians, Republican or Democrat, don’t do that.

Trump promised Mexico would pay for the wall and everyone knew there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell of that happening.

Of course they do. They all do it. Are you saving $2,500 a year since Commie Care started?

Because it would have led to better investment in the country which would have produce a more durable and sturdy economy. Business investment stagnated (which was the whole point of tax cuts for “job creators”). Wage growth would have been far quicker, like it was in the 80s and 90s. The deficit would have fallen instead of inflating wildly.

The original point was that you claimed gas prices go up in a period of strong economic activity. That’s true! Economic activity for 2021 is growing WAY faster than under Trump so why are you surprised?

Oh please, that's like trying to compare the economy after we got hit hard by Covid to the economy a year later which was ten times better. GDP has been on a yearly decline for years now, and the CBO predicts it won't grow all that much more no matter who's in office. How is economic activity growing? Unemployment went up in June by .1%. We are at 5.9% unemployment now. I don't call that great economic activity.

Of course they do. They all do it. Are you saving $2,500 a year since Commie Care started?
Except we knew what the ACA was intending to do to bend the curve of cost inflation.

You repeat the bumper sticker without understanding the substance. That’s the ignorance.

Remember death panels? Man. I miss those days. Things were simpler back then.

Oh please, that's like trying to compare the economy after we got hit hard by Covid to the economy a year later which was ten times better. GDP has been on a yearly decline for years now, and the CBO predicts it won't grow all that much more no matter who's in office. How is economic activity growing? Unemployment went up in June by .1%. We are at 5.9% unemployment now. I don't call that great economic activity.
Not comparing the economies to each other. I’m not saying Biden is great because economic growth is faster.

I’m saying it’s pretty ignorant to give Trump a pass on $3 gas because of “strong economic activity” but not to Biden when his economic growth is far faster.

Ignorance is saying that Trump is amazing for lowering unemployment to 3.6% when failing to remember it was 4.7% AND FALLING when he came into office! Ignorance is complaining that unemployment rate went up 0.1% when ignoring that 850,000 jobs were added. Ignorance is bragging about wage growth in 2018 when failing to acknowledge that it went up in 2016 and 2015 at about the same rate.

Ignorance is pretending there was some economic miracle under Trump when everything that happened was basically an extension of trends from before Trump.

Not comparing the economies to each other. I’m not saying Biden is great because economic growth is faster.

I’m saying it’s pretty ignorant to give Trump a pass on $3 gas because of “strong economic activity” but not to Biden when his economic growth is far faster.

Ignorance is saying that Trump is amazing for lowering unemployment to 3.6% when failing to remember it was 4.7% AND FALLING when he came into office! Ignorance is complaining that unemployment rate went up 0.1% when ignoring that 850,000 jobs were added. Ignorance is bragging about wage growth in 2018 when failing to acknowledge that it went up in 2016 and 2015 at about the same rate.

Ignorance is pretending there was some economic miracle under Trump when everything that happened was basically an extension of trends from before Trump.

Fuel does not go up by how fast an economy grows, fuel goes up by consumption. It's called supply and demand. 6% unemployment is nowhere near what Trump gave us. With unemployment that high, what that means is that people are not going to work therefore not consuming much fuel. It should be closer to $2.00 a gallon at this point. At nearly half the unemployment we have now, everybody was going to work that could work which means a lot of fuel consumption thus higher prices.

The difference is that Trump was pro-US energy and Biden is anti-US energy. He ran on it in the primaries. He made the point while running against Trump. He brought uncertainty to the market and with later actions, showed them he wasn't kidding either. Whorris was asked if she became President, would she stop all fracking in the US? To that she answered yes she would.

Now if you are invested in oil, which way are you going to put your money, because you can make the same money whether the price goes up or the price goes down. All you have to do to capitalize on oil is pick the right direction the prices will go.

Except we knew what the ACA was intending to do to bend the curve of cost inflation.

You repeat the bumper sticker without understanding the substance. That’s the ignorance.

Remember death panels? Man. I miss those days. Things were simpler back then.

DumBama didn't say his plan was to curve the inflation cost, he said everybody would have access to affordable good quality insurance coverage which was a lie. He said people will save thousands every year on healthcare which was another lie. He said if you like your hospital, you can keep your hospital which was another lie. Nearly everything about it was a complete lie. It's not like that was an unfortunate incident, they knew it was lies from the beginning.

DumBama didn't say his plan was to curve the inflation cost, he said everybody would have access to affordable good quality insurance coverage which was a lie. He said people will save thousands every year on healthcare which was another lie. He said if you like your hospital, you can keep your hospital which was another lie. Nearly everything about it was a complete lie. It's not like that was an unfortunate incident, they knew it was lies from the beginning.
Um, yes he did say his plan was to bend the curve on health care inflation.

I don’t know why you don’t know this, but it’s probably because there’s SO much ignorance about the ACA.

By lowering healthcare cost inflation, expenditures on health coverage is lower than it would have been without the law. That’s what Obama was saying. If you only listen to the low information popular right wing media, you’d never know that but that’s because popular right wing media thrives on the ignorance of their listeners.

Fuel does not go up by how fast an economy grows, fuel goes up by consumption. It's called supply and demand. 6% unemployment is nowhere near what Trump gave us. With unemployment that high, what that means is that people are not going to work therefore not consuming much fuel. It should be closer to $2.00 a gallon at this point. At nearly half the unemployment we have now, everybody was going to work that could work which means a lot of fuel consumption thus higher prices.

The difference is that Trump was pro-US energy and Biden is anti-US energy. He ran on it in the primaries. He made the point while running against Trump. He brought uncertainty to the market and with later actions, showed them he wasn't kidding either. Whorris was asked if she became President, would she stop all fracking in the US? To that she answered yes she would.

Now if you are invested in oil, which way are you going to put your money, because you can make the same money whether the price goes up or the price goes down. All you have to do to capitalize on oil is pick the right direction the prices will go.

You said it yourself, gas prices go up during greater economic activity.
It's normal for fuel prices to go higher in strong economic activity
GDP growth drives up fuel prices. That’s exactly what we are seeing under Biden.

You said it yourself, gas prices go up during greater economic activity.

Correct, which we do not currently have.

GDP growth drives up fuel prices. That’s exactly what we are seeing under Biden.

It does? WTF did you ever get that at? Show me one fuel investor that bases their decision on buying or selling contracts on GDP. They don't base their decisions on that, they base it on supply and demand.

Um, yes he did say his plan was to bend the curve on health care inflation.

I don’t know why you don’t know this, but it’s probably because there’s SO much ignorance about the ACA.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/abs/10.1377/hlthaff.2019.01478
By lowering healthcare cost inflation, expenditures on health coverage is lower than it would have been without the law. That’s what Obama was saying. If you only listen to the low information popular right wing media, you’d never know that but that’s because popular right wing media thrives on the ignorance of their listeners.

He might of said that in passing, but his main points were the ones I already listed. I'm sure you had to dig hard and deep to find that quote. He did not create Commie Care to lower inflationary costs, he instituted it to create more government dependents. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

Forum List

Back